Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New integration code for DSC alarm with HC2

pos

Question

Ok here is my 2.0 of DSC <-> HC 2 integration

(creating a new thread here and will terminate the other old thread at 

Please login or register to see this link.

)

scene trigger for:

• All zones
  • AC power
  • What user armed or disarmed the partition
  • ARM/DISARM/STAY and the rest of the options :)
  • Panel battery status
  • Tell if a partition is in alarm

Presentation device with:

• Presentation device auto created
  • Buttons for arming AWAY or STAY independantly for partition1 or 2
  • Buttons for DISARMING partition 1 or 2
  • Info of AC power status
  • Info of Panel power battery status
  • Panic buttons for Fire/Ambulance/Police
  • Info with time, arm state and the user who did it for partition 1 and 2

The whole config is mostly automatic.

For those not interested in the DSC itself, my code solves and show solutions for a few issues where Fibaro has no docs.. Included in the code is..

• Auto creation of global variables
  • Auto creation of VD
  • Auto creation of VD labels and buttons
  • Upload of Icons to HC2
  • Raw Sockets handling against Envisalink plus against syslog

And more...

Attaches a little screenshot of the presenter device

DSC_presenter_work_in_progress-20170512-

Peo

Edited by pos

• Inquirer
  • New version 2.2

Documentation: 

Release notes:

The code:

The presenter device can now show breach and restore info of zones. Also it show entry and exit delays and more... The presentation device is automatically rebuilt with zone info if a specific variable is set. It then looks like this:

Please login or register to see this image.

• Inquirer
  • New version 2.4-1

Documentation: 

Release notes:

The code:

The main service now creates a few sub devices *automatically*:

* The presenter device that shows AC power and panel battery status as well as live zone breach and restore info

* One device for each partition: Partition 1 device wirth ARM/DISARM capability plus viewing of the partition status as well as panic buttons. Partition 2 device which is the same as for partition 1 except no panic buttons,

* A log device that shows logs from the DSC alarm

Also... there are of course global variables automatically created for usage in scenes.... See PDF docs.

Feedback appreciated...

/Peo

Here are a few pics....

Please login or register to see this image.

App_overview-2.PNG

DSClogger-app.PNG

DSCpartition1-app-ARMED_AWAY.PNG

DSCpartition1-app-DISARMED.PNG

DSCpartition2-app-UNKNOWN.PNG

DSCpresenter-app.jpg

Apps_overview-1.png

DSCpresenter-app.png

syslog_server_log_at_low_debug_level.png

• Inquirer
  • New version 2.5

Everything is better :)

As of this version I will do updates if users come with good feedback or bug reports. This as it fulfils my own requirements now.

Documentation:

Release Notes:

Code:

Peo

Hi Peo!

I have installed the last version of 2.5 and everything seams to work correctly.

I have deleted everything and installed back from scratch and all predefined variables were recreated correctly.
    Custom zone names were also created correctly after deleting the old / initial ones and re-saved the DSCEngine.

I have noticed that in the WEB-UI the icons inside the VD are rendered monochrome and in the IOS app are rendered fully colored.
    I don't know if it's a problem or not .. just a remark.

The PDF doc looks nice and pretty solid documented for most users to easily understand how to install and properly configure this VD.

I believe this module is now pretty mature. Future releases should concentrate on performance improvement and faster communication with the alarm panel. (if new ways will be found).

Congrats!

PS1: Could the DSCEngine be made as a downloadable VD file that user just upload in his WEB-UI instead of manually creating  it and pasting the LUA code? (this way the possible problem with text re-formatting by notepad / wordpad on copy-paste would be eliminated ). If this can be done then I recommend to ask the admin to move this topic into the "Virtual Devices" forum category where it is more appropriate to be and easier to be found by users. 

PS2: Perhaps for future development the Night Mode Arming mode could be implemented with bypassed-zone active.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @smprofx  for the feedback and the help to increase the quality. Good feedback always generates some extra energy :)

I added possibility to send arbitrary key presses to the alarm, which also solves your "Night mode". I have examples of enable/disable door chime and "Nigh mode" in the PDF docs. Also I adopted your suggestion and now also have a VD for import which means create VD, one label and paste LUA code can be skipped.

Here is version 2.6.

From now on the link will not change if I do another update.

VD ready to import:

LUA code for manual handling if you do not want to import a VD:

Documentation:

Release Notes:

And yes... For me it is ok to move it to virtual devices section....

Peo

Edited by pos

On 6/1/2017 at 4:34 AM, pos said:

Thanks @smprofx  for the feedback and the help to increase the quality. Good feedback always generates some extra energy :)

I added possibility to send arbitrary key presses to the alarm, which also solves your "Night mode". I have examples of enable/disable door chime and "Nigh mode" in the PDF docs. Also I adopted your suggestion and now also have a VD for import which means create VD, one label and paste LUA code can be skipped.

Here is version 2.6.

From now on the link will not change if I do another update.

VD ready to import:

LUA code for manual handling if you do not want to import a VD:

Documentation:

Release Notes:

And yes... For me it is ok to move it to virtual devices section....

Peo

Hi Peo,

Thanks alot for your contribution.

May I ask that :

1. Is the VD only works on HC2? Possible to work on HCL?

2. Are you using EVL 4? Will it able to work with DSC IT-100 internet module?

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • @jamietang

I think the HC light cannot have VDs...

Correct! 

I use EnvisaLink 4. To make it work with IT-100+IPtoSerialGW it will probably not work out of the box. But... 99.99% is exactly the same API, so it would require very little adjustments. Most stuff will probably work directly. BUT..... as the Envisalink has authentication and IP support, that differs from IT-100 with is a pure serial card. So, to make it work I think the TCP/IP authentication in my DSCengine virtual device must be adjusted to authenticate against the IPtoSerialGW instead of the Envisalink card. When the auth stuff is adjusted, most stuff will work without further work I think.

But if you do not have a card, I would definitely go for an Envisalink card directly.  Why?

•  It is much cheaper than an IT-100 with an IP to serial gw add-on.
    • And the Envisalink work out of the box... so, less money and less work if you go for an Envisalink card. To start a test with dhcp and the default password, you do not have to open any manuals at all with the envisalink. Just install it in the DSC and you are done.
    • The EnvisaLink card draw max 50mA current and its power can be taken directly from the DSC power internally which will affect the amount of power left to other devices in the DSC very little. Adding an IT-100 plus a IP to serial GW will probably draw more power. And the IP to serial GW must be chosen carefully to make sure you chose a model than can take power internally in the DSC. If you power it outside the DSC you will not have battery backup and maybe potentially security issues.

The _only_ drawback with an Envisalink is that you add foreign hardware (i.e non DSC hardware) to the internal DSC alarm system bus. But the Envisalink has proven to be of very high quality.

Peo

On 6/9/2017 at 11:29 PM, pos said:

@jamietang

I think the HC light cannot have VDs...

Correct! 

I use EnvisaLink 4. To make it work with IT-100+IPtoSerialGW it will probably not work out of the box. But... 99.99% is exactly the same API, so it would require very little adjustments. Most stuff will probably work directly. BUT..... as the Envisalink has authentication and IP support, that differs from IT-100 with is a pure serial card. So, to make it work I think the TCP/IP authentication in my DSCengine virtual device must be adjusted to authenticate against the IPtoSerialGW instead of the Envisalink card. When the auth stuff is adjusted, most stuff will work without further work I think.

But if you do not have a card, I would definitely go for an Envisalink card directly.  Why?

•  It is much cheaper than an IT-100 with an IP to serial gw add-on.
    • And the Envisalink work out of the box... so, less money and less work if you go for an Envisalink card. To start a test with dhcp and the default password, you do not have to open any manuals at all with the envisalink. Just install it in the DSC and you are done.
    • The EnvisaLink card draw max 50mA current and its power can be taken directly from the DSC power internally which will affect the amount of power left to other devices in the DSC very little. Adding an IT-100 plus a IP to serial GW will probably draw more power. And the IP to serial GW must be chosen carefully to make sure you chose a model than can take power internally in the DSC. If you power it outside the DSC you will not have battery backup and maybe potentially security issues.

The _only_ drawback with an Envisalink is that you add foreign hardware (i.e non DSC hardware) to the internal DSC alarm system bus. But the Envisalink has proven to be of very high quality.

Peo

Hi Peo,

Sorry for the late reply, I had replied earlier but not sure why somehow my reply wasnt posted.

HC Lite can actually use VD and there are some ppl here develop some nice VD for example SONOS that can use by HCL. Maybe some of them can share how it is done.

Thanks for the suggestion about Envisalink 4. I'll definitely look more into it and more likely to use EVL4 instead of IT-100. Have you look into the latest version of IP module that DSC has? TL-280. Wondering if that could be an option, since it's hard for me to source for Envisalink products here locally.

Thanks again =)

• Inquirer
  • @jamietang

I have a TL-260GS communication card myself. I use it for for sending alarms over TCP/IP and GSM. I have looked everywhere to see if there is a possibility to find any API specs. If I had fount it, I would probably have used that instead of envisalink as I already had it. I think the DSC DLS software can be used for some stuff against it though. But as I have black belt in google search :) I think I would have found any existing API specs. I don't know if TL-280 is different...

Regarding VDs in HCL, I saw a comparison at fibaro where the checkbox for VD was not filled for the HCL. But if there are work arounds or if the docs is incorrect, it is great!

As your id has ha Singapore location tag.... There are a lot of Envisalink cards available at www.eBay.co.sg for about 130 Singapore dollars (94 USD).

:)

Peo

@pos
    haha I'll trust you on the google black belt, forget about TL-280 then. The eBay sellers are all from US, so shipping fees will cost quite abit.

I'm still considering which I should go for as Im using HCL and HC2 is rather expensive. So if possible I'll stick with HCL. I do found that there's someone develop VD for Paradox alarm which is more common here.

So it's HCL vs HC2 & DSC vs Paradox.. headache

Maybe if someone with HCL & DSC can confirm whether the VD works on HCL and it will solve my problem :D

Thanks alot for your answer tho. I'll try to figure out which I should go for  =)

• Inquirer
  • IF you decide to go for a DSC, you could NOT chose DSC neo. If you do, neither Envisalink nor all plugins will work.  You can also PM me if you have any questions.

Do your work and chose what you think is best for you.

Peo

Edited by pos

• Inquirer
  • Version 2.7 is out which includes a bug fix and a a few new features.

• Inquirer
  • Version 2.8 is out.

Now tampering is being logged and presented. Tampered zones can also be used as triggers in scenes.

• Inquirer
  • Version 2.9 is out.

Can be downloaded at 

/Peo

• Inquirer
  • On 6/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, jamietang said:

Hi Peo,

Sorry for the late reply, I had replied earlier but not sure why somehow my reply wasnt posted.

HC Lite can actually use VD and there are some ppl here develop some nice VD for example SONOS that can use by HCL. Maybe some of them can share how it is done.

Thanks for the suggestion about Envisalink 4. I'll definitely look more into it and more likely to use EVL4 instead of IT-100. Have you look into the latest version of IP module that DSC has? TL-280. Wondering if that could be an option, since it's hard for me to source for Envisalink products here locally.

Thanks again =)

@jamietang

You will soon see DSCengine 3.0 (a few days) at the Fibaro Marketplace. Now with  added support for IT-100 over Global Cache iTach Flex.

/Peo

• Inquirer
  • Now 3.0 is out of DSCengine with a few new features, fixes plus support DSC IT-100 over Global cache. The IT-100 is tested out by Chris Swan.

/Peo

On 12/30/2017 at 9:19 AM, pos said:

@jamietang

You will soon see DSCengine 3.0 (a few days) at the Fibaro Marketplace. Now with  added support for IT-100 over Global Cache iTach Flex.

/Peo

Wow, awesome! Thanks Peo!

I've been quite busy lately, so wont have time to try out anytime soon. But will definitely try it when I have time!

• Inquirer
  • Now version 3.5  of DSCengine is out.  

/Peo

Thanks for putting this together @pos. This is a great plugin, and will really helping me make decisions about occupancy in the house, without having to use battery draining GPS options. I'll be able to make decisions based on the alarm state (Away, Stay or Off), or by using breach triggers on the PIRs.

I have Scenes built based on Partition 1 Alarm State, but I cannot get the Partition 1 to Arm/DisArm using the DSCpartition1 VD. If I click the Arm button, I get an error in the Logger stating "Code required! A command was used that requires a code". But I have configured a code in the alarm panel, as well as specifying "ARMING_FLAG_P1:033" and "DSC_INTERFACE:0" in "DCFG_SETUP".

What am I missing?