Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Cheap Z-Wave devices

cag014

I bit interesting are another two test that looks like a test of electronic and another things in it. In the second test are even photos of inside parts at the end. 

It looks interesting and yea, someone who knows about those things more could say something.

Maybe @petergebruers or @Thomasn

Needless to say that some eshops in Slovakia and Czech have these plugs from Neo, so I dont think they would risk a possible damage by selling dangerous items.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by play3man

@play3man I can only talk about the legal status in Belgium. Different country, different law (also called "code" or "regulations" depending on where you live and what google translate makes of it. "Reglement" in Belgium but "it has the force of law"). At first, I did not find a "statement of ..." and then never bothered to ask them, so it is great to find out you contacted them and received the document. This leaves me with one issue: regulation here says the CE marking should be on the device. My plug is *unmarked*, apart from the text "NEO Coolcam" and their logo. So, the type number on that statement can refer to any device, so unfortunately the legal side still is not 100%. Assuming they are not lying, which is what I always assume because almost all people I have met are honest, the plug indeed was tested and conforms to the LVD. In Belgium, as long as nobody complains about this marking issue, chances of getting a device tested are really low. I do not have firm numbers. They do random tests... but with the sheer number of devices imported... I am not talking about functionality, quality, durability of the product, I am not a testing lab. I am talking about "paperwork". Sorry, it can be soooo boring...

@petergebruers regulations says, that CE marking should be on the device, but in cases it cant be placed on the device is also acceptable to place it on box. But yes, Fibaro plug have CE mark on them, so there is no reason to not put it on plug itself.

4 hours ago, play3man said:

I bit interesting are another two test that looks like a test of electronic and another things in it. In the second test are even photos of inside parts at the end. 

It looks interesting and yea, someone who knows about those things more could say something.

Maybe @petergebruers or @Thomasn

Needless to say that some eshops in Slovakia and Czech have these plugs from Neo, so I dont think they would risk a possible damage by selling dangerous items.

I do not know anything about the power wall plug from Neo. Sorry, can't help you there.

@RubberDuck You said you have some plugs from Neo Coolcam.. How good is the range? Some people are saying it has maximum 4-5m at best.

Edited by play3man

@

Please login or register to see this link.

I have Neo Coolcam  plugs  20 meters away from  the home center II. No range problems here.

• Like 2

Thank you, @play3man, interesting photo!

I bought mine in July and it does not have that sticker with the CE logo (so the inside is blue and unmarked).

The seller's photos on the Aliexpress page do not have that sticker either... It shows a white & blue device with no markings, except for the logo printed near the button and that is exactly what I got. Maybe it was a separate item, did I throw it away, did I not get one of these? I cannot remember. ;-) Maybe that is why Belgian law says it should be on the device in some permanent manner (on the Fibaro, CE logo is raised lettering, part of the mold, and model number is printed on the side) :-)

Maybe they have added the sticker between July and January?

I am not sure they added the model number (it is sold as NAS-WR01ZE and the statement of conformity applies to NAS-WR01Z) - we cannot tell this from that picture...

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • On 1/23/2018 at 4:02 AM, play3man said:

@RubberDuck You said you have some plugs from Neo Coolcam.. How good is the range? Some people are saying it has maximum 4-5m at best.

I have few plugs and one of them about 7-8 meters away and located at porch on second floor, which means there are concrete ceiling and wall between controller and device. Works fine w/o any problems  for two months.

On 22 januari 2018 at 2:11 AM, play3man said:

That is not a CE logo (Conformité Européenne) but China Export. But your experience with Fibaro devices is really interesting. I have one fibaro plug, door sensor with temp, motion sensor, smoke detector... Everything works fine. 

Hahaha... China Export :-) good joke!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, again. Eventually, i have one Neo Coolcam plug (looks like the one on pic above). It is working fine with Fibaro, but there are no parameters in advanced setting of this plug - yep, because there is no template, but it is somehow possible to add some? The second question - in mobile app, if i tap on Fibaro plug, i can see consumption details (day, week, month..), but if i try to click on Neo Coolcam Plug.. it wont open those details, even when i can see them from browser the same way as with Fibaro plug. Why?

Thanks!

----

@Bodyart Hey, i read that you do have four of these plugs, they ale still working without problems? If so, what are you using with them? :) Thanks

Edited by play3man

I have 6. I use 5 of them as standby killers. And 1 for night light for my daughters. 

Have 3 of them for about 5 months and 3 for 3 months. Only had a problem with one of them.  But an exclude/ include fixed it. 

Jim

7 hours ago, play3man said:

@Bodyart Hey, i read that you do have four of these plugs, they ale still working without problems? If so, what are you using with them? :) Thanks

Hi @play3man, i'm using 2 for my bed lamps, one for humidifier and one for a small heater, all working properly for almost a year.

B.t.w. you can add the parameters manually without template like the example below:

Edited by Bodyart

@Bodyart vážne? :D

really? thanks guys btw. :D

...and with the consumption screen not showing in app?

Edited by play3man