Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding Fakro ZWP10 remote to HCL

JanStrojil

Question

Hi everyone! I am going crazy from this, any help will be appreciated - I have a couple Fakro motorized blinds on my skylights and they come with their own remote that allows you to control them and also choose an automatic mode where they close based on sunlight levels. 

Fakro support told me that to keep this functionality after including them in the Fibaro system, I need to add the ZWP10 remote as a secondary and then associate it with the blinds. The trouble is:

a) adding the remote fails on 4/5 attempts with "learning mode error"

b) even if the remote is added without an error, it says it does not allow associations and tells me to reconfigure it

c) reconfiguration gets stuck forever "waiting for battery device wakeup" (the manual for the remote does not tell you if it has a dedicated wakeup button, pressing any button including the IN/EX button does nothing)

How to fix this? I am amazed that both these companies being Polish, the products work so poorly together - surely I am not the only one trying this. Anyone succeeded?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Hi - did you manage to solve the problem?  (I'm looking at using Fakro blinds as well)

Hi, any news on this?

I just found the same problem... Got both Fibaro and Fakro, can't use Fakro remote.

• Inquirer
  • If my understanding is correct, you need to add the Fakro Remote as a secondary controller, not as a remote. This you can't do with the HC Lite, since it does not support acting as a primary. I ordered the HC 2 and will test it with it, it should arrive some time next week. Hopefully that will solve it and I will be able to use both.

W dniu 9.09.2017 o 09:48, JanStrojil napisał:

If my understanding is correct, you need to add the Fakro Remote as a secondary controller, not as a remote. This you can't do with the HC Lite, since it does not support acting as a primary. I ordered the HC 2 and will test it with it, it should arrive some time next week. Hopefully that will solve it and I will be able to use both.

Hi have you been sucesfull in this?

• Inquirer
  • 39 minutes ago, zbylu said:

Hi have you been sucesfull in this?

I have not. I just gave up. :(

W dniu 14.01.2020 o 12:17, JanStrojil napisał:

I have not. I just gave up. :(

Hello,

I have Roller Shutter 3 and Fakro ZRH12 remote control.

It took me a while but I was sucessfull to set-up this arrangement.

1. I have possibility to control rollers through HC2

2. I have possibility to control rollers through Fakro ZRH12 (12 different channels to which several configuration of rollers could be assigned).

Best Regards,

A bit late to the party, but I am looking at the same issue. Currently I have dis-associated the DEF roof window and ARF blind from the ZWP10 controller. Both units have been included in my Fibaro HC2 system and work 'perfectly! The issue I have is getting the ZWP10 associated with the Fibaro HC2. I have tried countless times to do it and nothing has worked. Anybody got any specific suggestions on how to include the ZWP10 onto the HC2?