Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 can`t be accessed!

shahbaz

I face a serious issue with my HC2 currently. HC2 does have a static IP right now, but it doesn`t stay stable for more than 4 seconds. I tried to make it DHCP and also recovered it , but for no use. The page can`t be opened at all .My version is 4.056. This is totally useless now and i require a solution to come out of it. 

12 minutes ago, shahbaz said:

I face a serious issue with my HC2 currently. HC2 does have a static IP right now, but it doesn`t stay stable for more than 4 seconds. I tried to make it DHCP and also recovered it , but for no use. The page can`t be opened at all .My version is 4.056. This is totally useless now and i require a solution to come out of it. 

Have you tried another browser?

Re network are you working on a wireless connected computer of hard wired ?

• Topic Author
  • Yes. I have tried all the browsers.I tried with wired and wireless connections. I also made it DHCP and checked. I was able to recover it once , but i don`t get the recovery page also anymore . I have tried all those possibilities .

HC2 does have a static IP right now, but it doesn`t stay stable for more than 4 seconds.

And what happens after 4 seconds? Does your HC? shut down completely?

• Topic Author
  • After 4 seconds, the ip doesn`t ping in the network. Then the home center can`t be accessed. This is the main issue, HC2 comes in the network for sometimes and then it goes. It is not the issue of IP conflict as i tried DHCP as well, but got the same result. I recovered it once when it was opened for sometimes once , but now even recovery doesn`t happen .

14 minutes ago, shahbaz said:

After 4 seconds, the ip doesn`t ping in the network. Then the home center can`t be accessed. This is the main issue, HC2 comes in the network for sometimes and then it goes. It is not the issue of IP conflict as i tried DHCP as well, but got the same result. I recovered it once when it was opened for sometimes once , but now even recovery doesn`t happen .

Plug a monitor in and see what it says on boot up, it might give you a clue.  

You wil see what ip address it is trying to connect too etc

• Topic Author
  • I have tried that as well, It doesn`t give any clue about the issue. I can`t make it out whether it is a software issue or hardware. Most probably, it should be the issue on software side, but can`t make it out or rectify it.

1 minute ago, shahbaz said:

I have tried that as well, It doesn`t give any clue about the issue. I can`t make it out whether it is a software issue or hardware. Most probably, it should be the issue on software side, but can`t make it out or rectify it.

Sounds like contact support to me

Edited by Jamie mccrostie