Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to configure Fibaro FGK10x Door sensor?

Sharky

Hi,
could you please help me to configure the FGK10x Door sensor?
My goal is to obtaining a notification when the window is opened or the shutters is moved.
So I'm going to connect an external sensor to the FGK10x. How can I connect it?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm using a Raspberry where I have installed Home-Assistant and I have plugged a Z-Stick Gen5 as controller.

If I'm moving the magnet, the sensor icon turn on an icon and "Fibaro .... Access Control" icon changes the value to 22.

While if I connect the shutters sensor to IN and GND inputs, the magnet sensor stops to working and if I move the wire sometimes the sensor icon turn on.

In attach there is the node configuration file.

I have tried to create a

Please login or register to see this link.

in the Home-Assistant community.

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Edited by Sharky

You cannot use the magnet sensor and an external sensor at the same time. They are in parallel. Remove the magnet if you want to use the external sensor.

• Topic Author
  • oh no :(

Can you please to recommend me another zwave device where I can connect the shutters sensor?

Thanks in advance

What I would do, is buy one of those new "Door/Window 2" sensors. But please have a look at the manual before you buy it... This sensor has NO input but it has integrated temp sensor and was several improvements over the "D/W 1". I have two of those so I was able to test them.

I'd use the new one with the magnet and the old one with your wired sensor, because that's the only possible way to connect them. ;-) 

Alternatively, if you could use a Fibaro UBS + enclosure + power supply + external magnet sensor. The UBS has two inputs that connect to (potential free) switch contacts. It can't run on batteries. I think it's a lot of work... but if you also need a few temp sensors (up to 4) then this UBS module is a good solution.

• Topic Author
  • Wow... :roll: It's not cheap , it's expensive o.O, for each windows I should use two zwave sensor: one for the windows and the other for the wired sensor.

• Topic Author
  • At the moment I have found out this device: 

The support told me: 

If your window needs two sensors for full monitoring, you can use external switch to connect with Door/
    Window sensor in order to extend detection capability. The Door/Window Sensor has 2 normally closed contact terminals. These can
    be used for additional external switch wired contacts. The external switch will send signal according to the Status/Signal table to any
    association nodes by opening/closing the window/door.

I'm continuing to explore other solution...

Edited by Sharky

I've thought about that one, but I'm not sure if they are talking about 2 independent channels. If that was the case, they would not say "opening closing window/door" but they would refer to "TWO doors/windows"... You can't represent the state of two sensors by just one door "open/close" endpoint.  I don't know the product. But I'll download the manual and give you my opinion, if you'd like me to do that.

BTW all certified products can be found at:

Had a quick look at the manual and it is not very clear to me. It mentions that the sensor supports "COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM_V2" and has different events for tamper, external switch and magnet switch. So if the HC picks up that command, it should work. I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone that owns this sensor and uses is with Fibaro's HomeCenter...

Edited by petergebruers