Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino Weather Station with HC2

tinman

Question

please find attached instructions how to add / use Qubino Weather Station on Fibaro HC2

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi, @kroeatschge !

Thank you for your reply. You have confirmed my guesses. 

Qubino weather station is a pretty damn solution. The rain sensor is located just behind the wall 10 meters away from USB stick. 

Seems like 433 MHz radio range is less than even Z-Wave.

hi @tinman,

today i did some testing with the unsolicited reports.

I think the endpoints are not sending reports. Only when I poll them. To test this, I disabled the general polling every 240 Seconds.

If I understand correctly the meaning of 'unsolicited reports', the stick should send changed values to the main-controller whenever a value of an endpoint changes.

However, this is not happening. Here you can see an update of the values every 4 mins = 240 seconds.

Without the generall polling of the devices, no changes are sent to the controller.

I read somewhere else about unsolicited reports about other Qubino devices. They mention a different behaviour when having single / multi channel associations:

As you’ve noticed there is a difference between the way the S4 and S5 versions send unsolicited (Reports sent without preceding Get commands) reports to controllers. On S4 the module reports the status of the switches to the controller on every change, regardless of the way the single channel or multi channel lifeline associations were set. We implemented this in a way similar to other manufacturers, but later on had a discussion with Sigma Designs, where they explained to us the recommended way of sending unsolicited reports (they require strict separation between single channel and multi channel contexts on z-wave plus products), which we implemented in the S5 version in such a way:
- If a single channel lifeline association (group 1 associated to the controller) is set then the module shouldn’t report unsolicited Multi channel Encapsulated Reports, which means only the root device will report it’s states without a Get request, not the endpoints (these need to be polled in order to receive reports). From the module’s standpoint this means the controller either doesn’t support multi channel context or the module was integrated in a non-multi channel context.
- On the other hand, if a multi channel lifeline association (group 1 on each endpoint is associated to the controller’s endpoint 0 or 1, depending on integration) was set the module will report unsolicited reports from all the device’s endpoints, but not the root device. This will result in the endpoint’s statuses being reported via unsolicited reports also, not just Get commands via polling.

Additionally there are other association groups that can be set on the module (via single channel or multi channel associations) in order to filter the amount of report traffic desired.

Unfortunately, the controller used must also support setting multi channel associations, and additionally actually set them via an automated inclusion process after the controller’s manufacturer integrates the module (or alternatively allow users manual control of which multi channel association groups can be set).

Therefor I checked the associations in my HC2 and tried to change them.

The main node has only single channel association, and I can't get it to multi channel association.

The gust node for example has no channel associated Group 1. But a single channel association on group 2.

For some reason, I'm not able to change the associations on the endpoints. Only the main device endpoint 0 reacts to association changes.

Can you check on your Qubino weather station if you get value updated outside of the generall polling process?

thank you in advance,

kro

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, kroeatschge said:

hi @tinman,

today i did some testing with the unsolicited reports.

I think the endpoints are not sending reports. Only when I poll them. To test this, I disabled the general polling every 240 Seconds.

If I understand correctly the meaning of 'unsolicited reports', the stick should send changed values to the main-controller whenever a value of an endpoint changes.

However, this is not happening. Here you can see an update of the values every 4 mins = 240 seconds.

that's right, for some reason HC2 is not getting unsolicited reports (i haven't zniffed anymore why), so yes you have to poll it manually each every xxx seconds.

--> that's right, for some reason HC2 is not getting unsolicited reports (i haven't zniffed anymore why), so yes you have to poll it manually each every xxx seconds.

thats not right

Please login or register to see this code.

both change the values directly without polling the device

Edited by hoschi_66

• Inquirer
  • 931.0.1 is definitely not wind direction, you simply wrong.

• Inquirer
  • 931.0.1 is definitely not wind direction, you simply wrong (it does show ALL information coming on Chanel 1, which might be sensor 1 temperature, main sensor temperature, main sensor wind, main sensor position, etc.). This data should get sorted/routed out to proper endpoint. Unsolicited reports are NOT working as well, zwave zniffer is showing them (the landing endpoint is the 931.0.1), but HC2 is not routing them to proper endpoint (multilevel sensor v7 is supported by HC2, so "it should work", but qubino weather station is not z-wave certified, nor z-wave plus, even if they using z-wave plus sticker, so really, this can be qubino firmware issue as well. I've just tested as well with sigma z-wave plus certified dev controller, not getting the data properly routed as well, maybe not digging deep enough, but it should be there normally). Whatever it is, for now it does not matter, when using poll everything works as expected (i don't mind to poll one device in my network).

well i have testet i put the wind direction on 180 Grad and fix it with tape. and the sensor shows 180 grad celsius and noting else like your meaning, like temperature rain or other values . for all the Time the Value Stand on 180 grad celsius...like one hour  or a day long 180!!! wennyou turn of the tape the module show the right direction on the module emmediatly and every change of the sensor !

so the module shows only the wind direction in my case. same thing with wind Speed !! this is module 931.0.3 in your manuel

for the other Sonsors like wind cast / Rain / temperature / humidity i am  100% in your opinion

well you are right that the Values transporting to the end point after Polling !

P.S. i have an other error the devices stops polling at a while ?? any idea ? the polling time is 300 S but stops over Night  and i have to reset my HC  then it works agin

Edited by hoschi_66

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, hoschi_66 said:

well ich have testet i put the wind direction on 180 Grad and the sensor shows 180 grad celsius and noting else like your meaning, like temperature rain or other values !!!

so the module shows only the wind direction in my case.

right, and next time when temp change it will be temp, and so on, this is what i explained above.

yes i see !

well what about the windspeed ?? on module 931.0.3 that change also the Values emmediatly

i thing only the Value on sensor 1 i can no values form windspeed see in that module

Edited by hoschi_66

Hi guys,

Just wondering, is the info from this device real time? 

Netatmo only updates every ~10 minutes so not usable for sunscreens to protect them from wind and rain.

Jim

• Inquirer
  • rain and wind gust (if the measured value exceed the set/configured paramater) can be used via association to do something, you can of course do it via scene as well.

3 hours ago, tinman said:

rain and wind gust (if the measured value exceed the set/configured paramater) can be used via association to do something, you can of course do it via scene as well.

Hey @tinman, I get that. I was wondering if the values are updated in real time instead of delayed like Netatmo.

Have a good last stretch of the weekned!

Jim

• Inquirer
  • actually every time the qubino stick got updated data, it will try to send unsolicited reports to gateway, one can of course poll it as well (which works better in case of HC2). That Qubino thing supports lot of endpoint, where each of them have association set to HC2. However HC2 does not show them all, so when changing something i though HC2 will break them. But it's not the case, i have checked them with secondary controller and all is fine, so one can use the group 2 and 3 of endpoint 1 to alert rain and win gust immediately. Some of the data is of course delayed (as it have to be unit per some time), eg. it does not make any sense to get wind speed or direction each every time it has changed, so value from time to time is sufficient. But as i said above, the two critical vales (rain and wind gust) can be cached via association immediately.

hi @tinman,

did you manage to add qubino weather station in secure mode?

I tried and couldn't get it included correctly in secure mode.

according to the documentation there is parameter 250 which needs to be set to 1. After that an exclude and include should include it in secure mode.

However, it doesn't. I only get 1 device added. all sub devices are missing.

br - kro

• Inquirer
  • no, never worked for me, however i haven't tried anymore since a year or so to include it secure

if the main association is set to multichanel as the attached image all sensors send unsolicited reports perfectly

it is not necessary to use pooling

Edited by rls46
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Hello, everybody!

Qubino Weather Station seems to be installed properly. But there is some issue with the rain sensor. It is installed properly, but sometimes (often enough) it showing an absolutely wrong value of 300 mm/h. Scene debug updating every time value was changed:

Please login or register to see this code.

It is dry outside, of course.

Any suggestions?

hi @cashe,

same happens with mine.

It happens when there is no connection for to long between rains sensor and base of the weather station.

In that case the base station sets it to the "extreme value" which is 300 for rain sensor.

88 for wind sensor.

Don't know the value for temp and humidity, but it's mentioned somewhere in the manual.

Note: the weather station does not form a mesh network. Each device has to reach the base station on it's own.

The wind meter has a far better range then the rest.

I didn't find any reliable solution other than ignoring extrem values in my scripts.

BR - kro

hi @cashe,

mine was also located behind a concrete wall. It even made a big difference if the blinds ( metal c-lamella ones) where opened or closed.

The transmition went mainly through the glass of the window.

I finaly ended up positioning the USB key somewhere else. I moved it higher up in the building and stored it in a dry wall behind a wall switch.

To do so I used a transformer that fits inside a wall box, mad a hole to drop the usb stick in. That helped to decrease the number of failed transmitions.

(obviously you have to make sure you can get it back out of the wall somehow and secure it from accidentialy disconection from the USB cord.)

Additional thing you can try is rotate the rain sensor in steps and check if the reception of the base station improves. Same for the USB key but make

sure to only rotate one part and then check again.

All in all I'm quite satisfied with the weather station. It's working good and reliable most of the time.

One thing you might want to check is if it is water proof, because I had an issue with the wind sensor recently.

Temperature sensor inside the wind sensor stopped working some weeks ago.

As I opened the wind sensor battery compartment a big amount of water was leaking out of it.

On further investigation when opening the backplate of the wind sensor I found that there was a hole where the cables from the top come in.

This should be sealed with the hot glue that is applied. This wasn't the case as you can see on the picture.

Basically it filled the device slowly over month as the water cant escape from the sealed compartment below.

An easy fix with some hot glue can prevent the water getting inside.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_06/2018-06-25_11-16-36.png.c86dac92e288771e7ee12cfaf64e5722.png" />

BR - kro

Edited by kroeatschge

• Inquirer
  • On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, kroeatschge said:

I didn't find any reliable solution other than ignoring extrem values in my scripts.

right, that the only way, but it works.