Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Rollershutter 2 without switch and other questions

makko_7

Question

Hello everybody,

I'm new in this forum and also in this "business" so please tell me if I make any mistakes and so on. 

At the moment I'm doing a renovation in my new house. 

We have decided to make all the electronic and cabling new. A bus system like KNX was discussed but in the end to expensive in my opinion. 

For the moment I "only" would like to control my rollers, my two jalousies, two LED stripes and maybe the spots at the ceiling via smartphone and if possible additionally via Amazon Alexa. The first idea was to use Warema web control because the jalousies are also from Warema but I don't wanna use different apps for all the things I like to control now and of course in the future. Warema doesn't need any switch on the wall for controlling (they use a "Pluggable radio receiver for an STAK/STAS connection" directly in the blind box) so we haven't placed switches at the wall for the rollers and Jalousies. In the meantime, I was nearly clear to use Homematic for all these things but while I was searching if everything runs as I imagined via Homematic I found Fibaro. Now I think this is the best for me!?

What do you think?

Summery:

- is Fibaro the right Smarthome solution for me?

- which Fibaro solution is the right one for me? 

- does Fibaro and Amazon Alexa work together?

- does iOS and maybe also the Home App from the iPhone works with Fibaro?

- is it possible to control the rollers, my two Jalousies and two LED stripes without and switch and how?

I would be very grateful if you help me asap. 

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Marco 

3 answers to this question

Hi, my point of view:

- is Fibaro the right Smarthome solution for me? If you decide to go with zwave, than yes. It can do pretty everything. 

- which Fibaro solution is the right one for me? I would recommend to go for HC2. Its more expensive, but no constraints. But if you want to automatize only what you described, HC lite is also OK. 

- does Fibaro and Amazon Alexa work together? Yes, so far in English and i think german language. 

- does iOS and maybe also the Home App from the iPhone works with Fibaro? IOS no. there is no reason for other app, fibaro app is pretty functional and offer you everything you need. 

- is it possible to control the rollers, my two Jalousies and two LED stripes without and switch and how? Yes, but in case that controller or router will be down, you wont be able to control them. You just connect roller shutter module directly to blinds, in case that blinds motors are not radio controlled already. If yes, than its more complicated, because you cant connect roller shutter directly to radio controlled motors.

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, Igy said:

Hi, my point of view:

- is Fibaro the right Smarthome solution for me? If you decide to go with zwave, than yes. It can do pretty everything. 

- which Fibaro solution is the right one for me? I would recommend to go for HC2. Its more expensive, but no constraints. But if you want to automatize only what you described, HC lite is also OK. 

- does Fibaro and Amazon Alexa work together? Yes, so far in English and i think german language. 

- does iOS and maybe also the Home App from the iPhone works with Fibaro? IOS no. there is no reason for other app, fibaro app is pretty functional and offer you everything you need. 

- is it possible to control the rollers, my two Jalousies and two LED stripes without and switch and how? Yes, but in case that controller or router will be down, you wont be able to control them. You just connect roller shutter module directly to blinds, in case that blinds motors are not radio controlled already. If yes, than its more complicated, because you cant connect roller shutter directly to radio controlled motors. --> 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

In the blind box, there is only 3x0,75 permanent current. So we only have to put the roller shutter 2 between 3 x 0,75 and roller motor?

Edited by makko_7

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".