Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

unstable, unresponsive HC2 & empty event panel

ivhansen

Question

I have serious trouble with an unstable HC2, for no rational reason I can think of. Event panel has gone from slow and not working with data from yesterday or filters. To now completely empty/unresponsive (see image). 

Someting is corrupt in the database(s) I think, and I haven't seen anything like this in my 3y with HC2. Is it time for a hard reset, removing all devices & scenes and build everything from scratch again - or are there tools and methods to restore or remove bad records etc.?

Restarts don't change anything. Plenty CPU and RAM.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

@ivhansen,

If you have working backup, then you can do recovery, update HC2 and restore backup.

Also update procedure to painless update:

Edited by jakub.jezek

• Inquirer
  • My thinking: A restore will restore the "good stuff" (procedures, devices etc) but also the bad and ugly (a potentially corrupted DB)?

Well, it is possible if its not system failure, but user failure in some settings.

Or you can go through different approach. Contact Fibaro via mail and call them 2 hours later and tell them your problem and ticket number. They will probably ask you to forward ports 80 and 22. Or they will ask you about enabling remote support if you have latest version (4.120 and newer i think) and give them serial number of your HC2.

Edited by jakub.jezek