Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]HC2 does not connect to new router via LAN

Freebird

Question

Hello experts! :-)

This is kind of very strange and I hope, I am just missing something and that I find someone, who could point my nose on it:

I just switched to a different, newer, better, faster, quieter :-P  router (AVM Fritzbox 7490) with 4 LAN ports. The Fibaro HC2 is connected (as well as e.g. the Philips Hue bridge, NAS and TV). All devices are working and shown as connected on the UI of the router. But HC2 is NOT! Strange enough, the LAN network light on HC2 (2nd from the right) is illuminated. But the router does not "see" the device.

I plugged it back into the old router and everything works fine again. Back on the new one: Nothing!

I tried Fibaro finder, but as expected, it can't find it.

Any thoughts, ideas, ...?

Thank you so much for helping!

3 answers to this question

Hi @Freebird

I have the HC2 connected to a FritzBox 7490, however through a TPLink switch in between, all working fine. I have a straight forward configuration of the 7490, no port forwarding or the like.

Only thing I can think off in your case is the configuration of the 7490.

In my case, port 4 was configured by my ISP to be used ONLY for the TV signal, while ports 1-3 were for the LAN. 

So I suggest you just try changing the port to which the HC2 is connected, or login to the 7490 and have a look at how the ports are configured.

1 hour ago, Freebird said:

Hello experts! :-)

This is kind of very strange and I hope, I am just missing something and that I find someone, who could point my nose on it:

I just switched to a different, newer, better, faster, quieter :-P  router (AVM Fritzbox 7490) with 4 LAN ports. The Fibaro HC2 is connected (as well as e.g. the Philips Hue bridge, NAS and TV). All devices are working and shown as connected on the UI of the router. But HC2 is NOT! Strange enough, the LAN network light on HC2 (2nd from the right) is illuminated. But the router does not "see" the device.

I plugged it back into the old router and everything works fine again. Back on the new one: Nothing!

I tried Fibaro finder, but as expected, it can't find it.

Any thoughts, ideas, ...?

Thank you so much for helping!

This is the way I'd try

1/ Work out what static IP address. You want to use on your new router.

2/ Go in to new router settings and reserve hc2 new static address (goggle this for your router if your not sure)

3/ plug HC2 back into old router which it should still connect to

4/ change hc2 settings under configuration to the static IP address of your new router

5/ plug your new router back in  and reboot

and away you go.

Network apps like Fing are free and  can work better than Fibaro Finder. 

Give it some time after making changes, there can be a delay before hc2 appears after reboot

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your replies!

Jamie, your suggestion led me to the right solution: The new router uses a different range of local ip addresses:

Old router: 192.168.2.x

New router: 192.168.178.x and obviously not capable of using the "old" address of the HC2.

I was a bit scared to end up in a mess when telling the HC to switch to the new static address thus losing connection while being programmed. Indeed the screen froze but when I plugged it into the new router everything was fine.

Thanks guys!