Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which module for intermediate/toggle switch

ggrizliv

Hi.

My currently situation in my hallway (look wirring diagram!). So, which fibaro module to use to get this to work? I have one phase L1 to first two-way (toggle switch). Ceiling light is connected to the last two-way switch (There is no connection box between). Beside last two-way switch i have another 2-pole switch for my water heater (there can I place fibaro module - there is another one phase L2 and neutral wire to power fibaro module). But here is another problem. Switches for light is on phase L1, but power for fibaro module will be taken from Phase L2... Check again my situation wirring diagram..... So, how to wire fibaro module to control my hallway lights and which fibaro module to use? What is best solution on this situation?

Please, help...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 minutes ago, ggrizliv said:

Hi.

My currently situation in my hallway (look wirring diagram!). So, which fibaro module to use to get this to work? I have one phase L1 to first two-way (toggle switch). Ceiling light is connected to the last two-way switch (There is no connection box between). Beside last two-way switch i have another 2-pole switch for my water heater (there can I place fibaro module - there is another one phase L2 and neutral wire to power fibaro module). But here is another problem. Switches for light is on phase L1, but power for fibaro module will be taken from Phase L2... Check again my situation wirring diagram..... So, how to wire fibaro module to control my hallway lights and which fibaro module to use? What is best solution on this situation?

Please, help...

I think you dont have many options other than running more wires.

You could put a battery door/window sensor connected to a push button at each switch box.

Then connect the L1 circuit bypassing all the switches then fit a switch 2 module or dimmer 2 at the light fitting.

Then associate all your door window sensors with the module at the light fitting.

• Topic Author
  • There is no option to running more wires, rather i replace all switches with momentaly/bell/push switches and then i can use fibaro dimmer module, or? Then i can use same phase to power fibaro module...

Edited by ggrizliv

3 hours ago, ggrizliv said:

There is no option to running more wires, rather i replace all switches with momentaly/bell/push switches and then i can use fibaro dimmer module, or? Then i can use same phase to power fibaro module...

I don't think your wiring supports that option.

You would need live,  load and remote switch wires at same switch box to achieve that.

Guest fat

I am not 100% sure but I think momentary switches would work as you would run the switches live in parallel to the switches so that any pulse on the line would activate your dimmer

• Topic Author
  • Yes, i think momentary switches would work. I try it when i buy momentary switches and dimmer. One more question...

it is possible to use little induction lamps on momentary switches wirred parallel on each switch, so lamps glow in the night to find switches in the dark? When I came from work today, i draw wirring diagram and add some pictures, what i mean...

2 hours ago, fat said:

I am not 100% sure but I think momentary switches would work as you would run the switches live in parallel to the switches so that any pulse on the line would activate your dimmer

I like your optimism but i think your missing a wire for that :D

1 hour ago, ggrizliv said:

Yes, i think momentary switches would work. I try it when i buy momentary switches and dimmer. One more question...

it is possible to use little induction lamps on momentary switches wirred parallel on each switch, so lamps glow in the night to find switches in the dark? When I came from work today, i draw wirring diagram and add some pictures, what i mean...

And missing a neutral in each box for that. :D

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Guest fat
    5 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

I like your optimism but i think your missing a wire for that

Lucky I pay a sparky to do all of my work then huh?

11 minutes ago, fat said:

Lucky I pay a sparky to do all of my work then huh?

When the loads at one end and the feeds at the other with no third wire your stuffed, if @ggrizliv also had a live feed at the light you could put a switch module there

A dimmer however may not work because the dimmers switching isnt really between L  and S1 like the switch 2 but SX and S1

@ggrizliv,

That 2 way 2 pole switch is in the box with 2 way toggle switch connected to light? According to scheme if looks like it. Mybe if you get L and N wire from there, you can connect Fibaro Switch 2. On the image is switch box, that i mean.

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

@ggrizliv,

That 2 way 2 pole switch is in the box with 2 way toggle switch connected to light? According to scheme if looks like it. Mybe if you get L and N wire from there, you can connect Fibaro Switch 2. On the image is switch box, that i mean.

I hear what your saying but mixing any circuits or light and power is a no no its dangerous and illegal

If some one islolates the hot water circuit at the switch board to work on it  the neutral could still be live.

Even if you disconnected the light feed and used only the hot water feed, the neutral at the light is likely to be connected to other lights and you also have issues with cable protection ratings being exceded

Ive pondered this for a while other than putting a module at the lights, joining one of the switch wires together at every switch to give a permant feed at the light and then putting a battery door/window sensor with a momentary switched attached at each switch then through association having them switch the module is the only way i can see it working safely.

But good discussion keep the suggestons coming.

4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@Jamie mccrostie, ok thanks for an info. I'm not electrician, so i did not knew that.

Cool  Jakub thats what we are all here for sharing the knowledge :D

and there is pleanty ive learnt from your input over the last year.

If you want a good explanation why getting a "wire from another circuit" is a bad idea and how to wire things properly.

Highly recommended!

• Topic Author
  • Jakub: Yes, power for fibaro relay i will get from other switch (2-pole), because there is only way to get power for fibaro relay. My water heater is connected via contactor (not drawn in wirring diagram). So, with 2-pole switch I power on my contactor, which power my water heater (it's 3kW power).... I will change my wirring diagram later today, when i came back to home.

Edited by ggrizliv

• Topic Author
  • Ok. Here is now actual situation (Diagram 1). If I understand, Diagram 2 must work, Or I am wrong?

Edited by ggrizliv

42 minutes ago, ggrizliv said:

Ok. Here is now actual situation (Diagram 1). If I understand, Diagram 2 must work, Or I am wrong?

Not good. You must not use N from the left circuit to feed the lamp. You must use N from the circuit on right. All wires must belong to the left or all wires belong te the right. No mixing of circuts allowed.

This is the rule: start at a circuit breaker. Travel along all possible connections. You really must arrive at the same circuit breaker. If you end up on another circuit breaker, it is wrong.

Please watch video I linked in post #14

• Topic Author
  • Petergebruers: in my fusebox are all neutral wires connected together behind RCA switch, because in our contry, we use 1-pole automatic fuse or 3-pole, not 2-pole... see pics for example (BTW: that's not my fusebox :) ). So, is not important which neutral wire I use to power fibaro module.

Edited by ggrizliv