Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

10 split air conditions control through Global cache wifi to Ir

Jibran

Question

Hello Everyone,

I have 10 split inverter air conditions on different locations in same floor.  The whole floor has strong wifi coverage ( same network ) with range extenders. I have 4 global cache wifi to ir ( with 3 IR outputs ).  I also have Remotec AC ir extender but i am not satisfied with it . It is giving many problems related to configuration and Control. 

Functions I want to use:

1. ON/OFF

2. Temperature 

3. Automode

4. Fan speed.

It will be very appreciated if somebody gives me suggestions and advice that it is good or better or bad . 

Thankyou

4 answers to this question

Hi @Jibran,

It is possible to control Daikin airconditiong, controlled by IR remotes, but also "talking" wi-fi, to control it directly throu wi-fi. There are different examples to be found on french fibaro forum.

Just have a look there :-)

I've made a simple VD in LUA to control the daikin airco, but I'm not at home, so I'm not able to post any example, but have a look at github and search for daikin just to see how it is done.

For other brands you'll have to find either their API, or a command set reverse engineered by someone.

Good luck with programming!

Edited by Bodyart

• Inquirer
  • 44 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Jibran,

It is possible to control Daikin airconditiong, controlled by IR remotes, but also "talking" wi-fi, to control it directly throu wi-fi. There are different examples to be found on french fibaro forum.

Just have a look there :-)

I've made a simple VD in LUA to control the daikin airco, but I'm not at home, so I'm not able to post any example, but have a look at github and search for daikin just to see how it is done.

For other brands you'll have to find either their API, or a command set reverse engineered by someone.

Good luck with programming!

yes but I am not expert in programming. i have searched the commands integrated with fibaro (lua) for GCdevices. I thought it would be enough for them 

I have GREE split ac units. But they have no APP to control with wifi. So i thought that  GC devices i have will do the job for me . 

Hi @Jibran,

there is an API for your device to control it. Unfortunately I can't post it here, because the Grey Wizzard is blocking me.

Just google for: GREE rest api and your find the information needed.

Or go to:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Bodyart

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".