Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro CO sensor- my small review

jakub.jezek

9 hours ago, gucio1234 said:

Presently I have CO detector of Satel, paired with HC2 with the UBS module.

Once I got it, I have checked the internet to learn the proper placement and I found it should be installed at height 150 cm above the floor and 3 meters away from the potential source of CO ( in my case the fire place).

Great info. That is what I am looking for...distance from the potential source of CO. 3m seems a little far as not all location I have is of that size to place that far. Is there a minimum distance?

3 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

If CO can reach that 3m, then why not to place it there.

Found interesting article about placement of sensor.

Please login or register to see this link.

Oh, I mean example: linen room is smaller/shorter than 3m in both directions. In this case, what is the minimum distance from potential source so as not to have false alert while it is still not really a threat?

@chaicka, I would just use common sense. If the room is small and you are unable to keep 3 meters distance, you have to place it closer. I would not place it in close proximity of the potential source of CO, not to be covered by curtains, furniture, etc., not to be exposed for the direct sunlight.

Thanks Gucio. CO Sensor is something pretty new in my country and not common at all.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, always place CO sensor higher then the top of a door passage when mounting on a wall.

Good advices are given by fire department on this page (Dutch):

Please login or register to see this link.