Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC2 Crashed??

morpheus75

Question

I dont know if anyone else has come accross this, but this morning my system seemed to have froze! My last scene that ran was about 00:05, and after that i have just a couple of scenes to turn off bedroom lamps and these didnt work, neither did the morning water heating, central heating scenes etc

when i tried to manually run them nothing worked. tried to disarm sensors but they would auto-re arm. tried the dimmers and they would stay on. no scene would run.

a restart of HC2 did the trick.

a client of mine reported the same thing this morning so Question: Has anyone else experienced this, this morning?

thanks

1 hour ago, morpheus75 said:

I dont know if anyone else has come accross this, but this morning my system seemed to have froze! My last scene that ran was about 00:05, and after that i have just a couple of scenes to turn off bedroom lamps and these didnt work, neither did the morning water heating, central heating scenes etc

when i tried to manually run them nothing worked. tried to disarm sensors but they would auto-re arm. tried the dimmers and they would stay on. no scene would run.

a client of mine reported the same thing this morning so Question: Has anyone else experienced this, this morning?

thanks

Mine crashed this week, wednesday morning , has been flawless for almost 2 months. Hc2  3leds up but nothing working Same, Same restart fixed it.  4.131

Thats NZ time

/date

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

My HC2 crashed 2 times in last few days. I did`t can login. Only hard reset helps me.

Version fw of HC2 now is 4.133b. In ver. 4.120 my HC2 worked 2 mounths without any problems.

thanks

All running good here @morpheus75

running 4.130

• Inquirer
  • strange. so a mixed response. the rest of clients have had no issues and just the 2 of us. plus a mixed response here also.

could just be coincidental.

however will continue to monitor.

thanks for all your responses guys!

cheers

I experienced this type of crash only once on 4.120 if I remember correctly that was not caused by me :-) Now on 4.130 i have 31 days of HC2 working without any glitches.

We have just begun to have similar symptons 

We did power cylce on the modem, router, and switch and cleared cache on our web browsers.

Still it starts to function normally but then it shows inclomplete screens (attached files)

In order for the HC2 to work we need to refresh the webpage up to 3 o 4 times

Our Version is 4.130 and it has gone over several tests and worked fine until 2 or 3 days ago.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This how the CPU looks after we have erased over 10 scenes that may be causing some trouble...

• Inquirer
  • mine just crashed again.

pic below is what i got.

it seems to have crashed after about 1pm today UK Time.

no new scenes and no new devices installed firmware version 4.133. this is the first time in 2 years of HC2 that it has happened to me.....

so thoughts?

mine just crashed again.

pic below is what i got.

it seems to have crashed after about 1pm today UK Time.

no new scenes and no new devices installed firmware version 4.133. this is the first time in 2 years of HC2 that it has happened to me.....

so thoughts?

Last time this happened to one of my customers, he deleted cache memory in his browser and then it was ok again.

Maybe try anonymous mode in browser to access your HC.

Also this happened few times on training sessions I led after update from 3.600 to 4.070. And delete browser cache always helped me.

23 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

@jakub.jezek

my HC2 was completely un responsive. no scenes worked and no phone access.

gonna wait and see now.

@morpheus75

Any chance you have a race condition that is slowly consuming resources until it crashes ?

you could try and log the diagnostics data every 5 mins and see if its climbing

• Inquirer
  • @AutoFrank

interesting.... how would i do that then please?

also to note that i have not changed my system for the last few weeks. so no new devices and no new scenes either.

the last device i added was HEM to monitor House Power and Solar Power, they are being logged with HC2 new energy panel so no external logging or any additional scenes so ive no idea what could be causing it....

8 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

@AutoFrank

interesting.... how would i do that then please?

also to note that i have not changed my system for the last few weeks. so no new devices and no new scenes either.

the last device i added was HEM to monitor House Power and Solar Power, they are being logged with HC2 new energy panel so no external logging or any additional scenes so ive no idea what could be causing it....

@morpheus75

If i recall you don't use the smart message hub or pushover ??

if this is correct , we would have to use email ... would you be okay with one email every 5 mins ?

51 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

@jakub.jezek

my HC2 was completely un responsive. no scenes worked and no phone access.

gonna wait and see now.

Same here no new scenes or devices for over a month.... I did have a fibaro sensor go off line two days later flat battery no battery warning just stopped working 

had to exclude and reinclude to get it working

All seems to ok since

• Inquirer
  • 12 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

@morpheus75

If i recall you don't use the smart message hub or pushover ??

if this is correct , we would have to use email ... would you be okay with one email every 5 mins ?

thats fine. lets do it

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

@morpheus75

perfect...

give me a few minutes to cobble something together ...

cheers.

gonna nip out do some shopping so take your time mate..

1 minute ago, morpheus75 said:

cheers.

gonna nip out do some shopping so take your time mate..

Here you go @morpheus75

It's set to send 5 mins (300000ms) to the super user account

adjust as required

should get an output like this..

Please login or register to see this code.

1 minute ago, morpheus75 said:

that was quick.

will install and give feedback.

many thanks

no worries @morpheus75

Keep us posted on what you find ....

Just a remark, check if there any devices with (<5%) low battery or ones who are reporting 'dead'. In the past I noticed if a device is dead and is used by the zwave network as a hop to other devices or when a dying device is connected to a (stand-alone) hop, the HC2 freezes (because the hop has problems connecting or overloaded with connecting data).

2 weeks ago I got a strange message from a device reporting low battery. I didn't had the time to check so I disabled the mail messages. After a day I checked and the device wasn't reporting low battery any more. After some investigation I found that a nearby device was gone 'dead' (because of low battery) and probably polluted z-wave communications somehow.

I cannot prove the above assumptions but it is something I noticed. The HC2 can be get alive again after some period of time, I assume because of an (automatic initiated) network 'heal'.

Maybe you can check batteries just to rule out my assumption. Just to be sure that I'm wrong. ;)