Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Desactivate function FGMS-001

wdorigo

Dear community,

I'm searching to turn off some functionnality on the motion sensor.

In fact, I just need the temperature and the light intensity.

How can I turn off the other settings to preserv the battery life?

Thanks for your help and feedback

Hello,

Welcome to the community! :)

It is not possible to completely disable some of FGMS functionalities. But you can set advanced settings of the module so that it will never meet the limit. Click on settings icon (wrench tool) and then go to advanced settings of the FGMS. There you will find parameters that you can set as you wish ;)

On 20-7-2017 at 11:59 AM, wdorigo said:

(...) In fact, I just need the temperature and the light intensity.

How can I turn off the other settings to preserv the battery life?(...)

I understand your question and I am curious, what are you trying to achieve? What is the end goal?

How accurate and how fast do you need those measurements to be? You'll have to find a compromise between reporting interval (and reporting threshold) and battery life. Temperature and ambient light level change all the time.

For example: by default, you only get a light report if the change is more than 200 Lux (parameter 40). So, possibly when it is getting darker, it might report "170" (because the previous measurement was for example 430). That is a fairly high level if you want to detect if it is too dark to see. If it gets even darker, the sensor will not report anything, because you cannot have a 200 Lux difference. You can change the threshold to something lower, but then you have a problem during the day. Suppose you set the threshold to 20 Lux. If it is a somewhat cloudy day, light level will change all the time and the sensor may report ever minute (or even more).

To fine tune this behaviour, there is also parameter 42, "Time interval between consecutive illumination reports. The reports are sent even if there are no changes in the light intensity.". If you set it to 15 minutes, your controller will always have a maximum delay of 15 minutes to changes in light. It will have an accurate measurement, but it might be 15 minutes old worst case.

Similar parameters exist for temperature.

With parameter 8 and 9 you can set the PIR to "active during day only" and "day is > 65000 Lux" so that would probably save some battery life. 

For an explanation of the parameters, see:

Please login or register to see this link.