Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MCO Home Thermostats reading only 'auto' settings instead of 'manual'

HomeSystem.sk

Question

Just so you know, MCO Home Thermostats in version 2.4 (MCOEMH7-EH) are not working in Fibaro currently. 

You can change the temperature and basically use it someway, but Fibaro reads out the MCO "auto" mode settings and shows it in the system even though the thermostat is set to manual. After that, the info in HC is not real and it does not reflect current settings on thermostat.

It can be used if you every time swich in Fibaro to "heat" and then set the temperature, but after some time fibaro reads out the Auto settings again and you dont really know what are the settings in thermostat.

Tricky, I got promissed from Fibaro to Fix it, but just for now, this is not the best way to go. 

If anyone have any solution for that, it would really really help :D

Edited by T.Konopka
Give others a hint about the subject in the title.

3 answers to this question

For MH7-EH / MH7-WH (Z-Wave versions) and MH7-EH-WT15 / MH7-WH-WT15 (Z-Wave plus versions with integrated humidity sensor and w or w/o ext. temp sensor)

Manual Mode (that means controlled by Fibaro Temp Profile) is on UI:

- third slave -> heat

- first slave -> heating

Automatic Mode (that means controlled by MCO Home Thermostat stored profile) is on UI:

- third slave -> energy save heat 

- first slave -> energy save heating

Away mode works of course for both, manual and automatic mode, which is not always clear to customers, but yeah.

I did some check today in the office, here my results:

WH7-EH/WH fw 2.0 - mix of issues, in principle looks like first slave is showing very often wrong values (simply not updating values, tested mix of settings, sometimes it was value previously set on UI, sometimes from auto mode, so whatever in buffer will stay on display, no matter what one do on UI. What helps, is set manually different temperature on thermostate, then UI is updating, wired error).

My dirty hack:

Please login or register to see this code.

for the z-wave plus version, so MH7-EH-WT15 or MH7-WH-WT15 the hack above does not wroks properly (the termostate ca not be set to invalide temp, so try bit modified

Please login or register to see this code.

that above does not worked 100%, one have still set the desired automatic mode temperaure.

Anyway, please try it and tell me how this works (or not) for you.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I will definitelly give it a go, but the problem is some people use it with HCL :D 

Thanks anyway for solution, I will report asap.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".