Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[PROBLEM] IP-camera Dahua IPC-HDBW4431F-AS

Lambik

Question

Hi2UAll,

If have not been able to get a Dahua IP-camera

Please login or register to see this link.

to work. After some investigation it seems it has something to do the way it's authenticating.

HC2 JPG path: cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi (not working)

- When used in a webbrowser I get a snapshot.

- When using a cURL command I get a snapshot using: curl --insecure --digest -u USER:PASSWORD https://CAMIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

Looks like it's using digest authentication. Is this supported by the HC2 (version 4.120)? Or this there an other way to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

Please login or register to see this link.

Digest authentication not supported by HC2

Edited by Lambik
Status update added

Just try this:

In settings:

-User: Your IP Cam username
-
Password: Your IP Cam password

- IP address: Your IP Cam address:Port (eg. 192.168.1.30:8000)

JPG path: cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi or try this: cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?user=USERNAME&pass=PASSWORD or try this: cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1&user=USERNAME&pass=PASSWORD

Edited by ggrizliv

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for replying @ggrizliv!

Tried your solutions without success. :/

As I mentioned in my first posting, this camera uses digest authentication, which seems to be the problem.

This camera has ONVIF support. Do you know how to try that?

@T.Konopka, Can you ask support/dev if digest-authentication is (not) supported by the HC2 version 4.120?

Thank you in advance.

@Lambik: sorry, I don't have this type of IP camera, so I can't help you. I had this IP camera Dahua DH-IPC-HFW1320SP-W (LAN & WIFI), but i sold it last year. And this URL string was working for me: http://<CAMIPADDRESS>:<PORT>/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1. Username and password was writen to textbox for username and password.

And, yes. For all IP cameras I use external IP addresses and ports, not local (don't forget on port forwarding on your router!) 

Edited by ggrizliv

Hello,

On 25.07.2017 at 2:34 PM, Lambik said:

Can you ask support/dev if digest-authentication is (not) supported by the HC2 version 4.120?

Well, I admit that this is a very good way to manage logging in, but it is rarely supported by browsers. So, we do not support it.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Well, I admit that this is a very good way to manage logging in, but it is rarely supported by browsers. So, we do not support it.

Thank you for responding.

Are we talking about the same issue here? I'm reffering to the IP-Camera to get a snapshot by the HC2. Seems like the Dalhua cam is using this kind of authentication. So will, or is, the HC2 capable of handling this kind authentications?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about authentication to the HC2 Webmin (login). BTW, FYI, my Firefox browser has no problem handling this.

Edited by Lambik
    typo

not sure if there is digest auth support on HC2, indeed Fibaro have to answer this. Wondering however that dahua does not support basic auth on that model, they told me "all cam's have both supported", so can you give me the firmware version you have installed on it?

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, tinman said:

not sure if there is digest auth support on HC2, indeed Fibaro have to answer this. Wondering however that dahua does not support basic auth on that model, they told me "all cam's have both supported", so can you give me the firmware version you have installed on it?

Sure! Here it is:

Device Type: IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
    Software Version: 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06
    WEB Version: 3.2.1.427921
    ONVIF Version: 2.42

Should there be an option to select it somewhere (Dahua settings)? Maybe I overlooked something...:/

The reason why a suspect the digest authetication is the problem because my Firefox webbrowser (even on Android) is presenting me a snapshot with this URL:

http://CAMIP:PORT/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

When this URL is confirmed, a window pops up to enter the credentials (looks similar to basic authentication). When entered a snapshots is presented. So far so good.

But when these properties are entered in the HC2, no image is entered. So I tried it with Node-Red. I couldn't get an image either otherwise then using the cURL command: curl --insecure --digest -u USER:PASSWORD https://CAMIP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

(Forget the --insecure and https, because that's what I'm using at the moment in Node-Red, I made a selfsigned ssl certificate on the IPCAM so I needed the --insecure option).

When removing the --digest option I had no image, and the first attempt to get it working, Node-Red was returning typical digest content, so that's when I concluded that the digest authentication was the problem.

Maybe you could give me a clue how to get this working. It is highly appreciated!

Edited by Lambik

I've posted somewhere here in the forum dahua api (too lazy to search), so when something can be set, should be described there. 

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, tinman said:

I've posted somewhere here in the forum dahua api (too lazy to search), so when something can be set, should be described there. 

This one you mean?

I will read and see if there is a solution.

Thank you!

Hello,

Apparently, we do not support this kind of authentication in the system. So it will not be available for cameras.

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Apparently, we do not support this kind of authentication in the system. So it will not be available for cameras.

Okay, thanks for reporting. It' s appreciated!

EDIT: will try to find other solution, probably some time next week. I'll post when progress is made.

14 hours ago, Lambik said:

EDIT: will try to find other solution, probably some time next week. I'll post when progress is made.

Sure! If you get it working, I encourage you to share the solution in Crowd's Solutions. :)

On 03.08.2017 at 3:48 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Hello!

I believe you will add at least digest auth support in the near future firmware updates. I'm even not talking about RTSP native support.

Most of the actual cams are not supporting the MJPEG but still supports JPEG snapshot. However, in most cases, digest auth is used there so it is not possible to use snapshot at least...

Why I have to use third-party intermediate devices (such as RaspberryPI with simple PHP script running) to collect RTSP streams from cams and convert them into something Fibaro will understand?

What is the problem at all to add digest auth support?

Why is it not possible to add RTSP protocol support? After all, almost all the cameras are supporting the MJPEG codec as a secondary stream...

Hi All

any news on this topic?

will fibaro support the digest authentication ? any time soon?

i've spent over 1500eur on the camera setup up, and now cant integrate them into Fibaro HC2 !!!

horrible situation !

any other solution to this obstacle from fibaro?

any help is appreciated guys.

thnx

Yes, got a dahua poe nvr. 

But i guess like I've read around here, its the issue with the digest authentication. So until fibaro implements this, we're out of luck :(

It's sad that they are not solving this matter as it will be an issue for many many customers. 

Just a thought, maybe it does work if you grab the video through Synology Surveillance or something similar? I've lately read over the API for this.

SS is pretty flexible in terms of cameras models since it does support more than just MJPEG.

Cheers

well i have a synology diskstation, so i guess it could work, but honestlly, i have no idea how to set up something like that.

anyone who can guide me through the process? would really greatly appreciate it.

thnx

Name: choose name for Ipcamera

Room: choose room for ipcamera

Camera Model:  Other

username: "your username"  -> for example -> admin

password: "your password" -> for example -> admin

checkbox (checked) view camera image etc..

advanced settings:

Protocol               : http

ipadres                 :  The local ipadres and port from your Ipcamera -> for example -> 192.168.100.1:80

JPG Url.........       : http://"Ip-adress camera":"Port ip camera"/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=2

For example : http://192.168.100.1:80/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=2

MJPEG URL.....   : http://"Ip-adress camera":"Port ip camera"/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=2

For example : http://192.168.100.1:80/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=2

Note: In your DAHUA ipcamera web-interface, you have to change to following setting;

Go to SETTINGS -> NETWORK -> PORT -> Tab "ONVIF" -> change AUTHENTICATION to "OFF"

OR

Go to SETTINGS -> NETWORK -> ACCESS PLATFORM -> Tab "ONVIF" -> change AUTHENTICATION to "OFF"

Now you wil be able to send and create a snapshot with fibaro HC2.

Edited by Hannes
    • Like 2