Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SUBMITTED][Suggestion] Add Z-Wave diagnostics screen to HC2

Lambik

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

I think, this getting to a stage, where we ask for something like SNMP, but for Z-Wave :D.

Your HC2 runs on Debian.. It's ssh keys are on the box..

sudo su -

apt-get install snmp

snmp would be great out of the box though :)

Edited by MaTi

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, MaTi said:

It's ssh keys are on the box..

Excuse me? o.O

13 hours ago, MaTi said:

Your HC2 runs on Debian.. It's ssh keys are on the box..

Ok, where on the box? I thought official statement is "nobody has SSH credentials, except Fibaro".

Id have to check.. was on a rooted v3.something box, quite a while ago.. :-)

But SSH keys are nothing shocking in all honesty; it enables FIbaro to provide support. Not more or less secure than credentials..

• 3 months later...

I would also like to see in a device list, which devices have been included successfully in security mode.

Totally support this, it would be so useful to understand the issues with network.

• 1 month later...
    Guest FredrikKarlsson

Yes, this functionality is sorely needed.

BUT, I would like to suggest that dev time should not be spent on trying to get nice graphs on our screens. Graphs are usually implanted as a table really internally. 

All your devices on rows and then all your devices again in columns, and the square that are in device As row and device Bs column then can say something about the connection between A and B.

The Z-way software has this , and it is a really useful tool. Much more useful than having a network visualized for you (which Z-way also has) because quite soon you will spend much time draggning nodes to where the connections can be interpreted. They will overlap and just be a mess of lines quite soon.

So, I would recommend a matrix visualization. Works better, and is much easier to implement too.

I could not find an image of it, but this is from an ancient version I believe that is captured one of the Z-way manuals. Green is a direct connection, and in this case red is no direct connection. If you hover over the green box you get a summary of the two devices connected.

Of course, One would want a Green=direct connection, Orange=connected via <4 hops, Grey= no connection and Red=connection with long ACK-times, or something like that, but maybe that is just me. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 1 year later...

@Vinisz, not nothing entirely. But it is not available to end-user.

In installer portal, there is section about devices, where installers can see in what condition devices are. Installers see  if devices are dead/alive. If connection is direct/retranslated to HC2, battery status and possibly to check Z-Wave connection.

Like I said, nothing..... (what you explained is nice but brings no value to the end-user = value 0)