Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

False triggers and why they happens?

HomeSystem.sk

Netatmo welcome camera needs some time to learn recognizing faces and I like that all this snapshots are stored locally on the memory card. But learning goes pretty fast and it is accurate. Also it is possible to add it to HC2 as camera device, but for that you need to find key that is part of the path to video stream. @boomx has scene that do that and you can find it here:

I use it to find my camera and it works perfectly. Key for my camera hasn't change for several months so it's OK.

Regarding motion detection and lighting it is very difficult to cover all situations. I still remember when I made first version of VSL scene we where waving our hands to turn lights back on during watching TV. Same is when I sit in my sofa reading book, or when our kids sitting by their desk learning. But all this situations have one thing in common, there is always some other sensor that has different state. So for watching TV, or having meal in dining room, or wife is cooking, or I read book, or kids study VSL scene uses different state of this sensors to keep lights turned On and also adapts lights brightness to this situation. 

Of course, I still think that cameras are the best choice and if they have face recognition then even better, but that is most expensive solution so I want first to have solution with sensors.

• Like 1