Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alarm panel gateway setup and Fibaro support feedback

wpeeters

Question

I'm having problems with the alarm panel in a HC2 - HCL Gateway setup.
To clarify the setup, see screenshot below.

HCL has all devices connected to. HC2 only has scene's and VD's. All
devices are visible in HC2 and all actions on a device can be performed
through both HCL and HC2.

Now I want to migrate the alarm panel from HCL to HC2. But I can't get
it working correctly. Below you can find the behavior. Alarm panel has
only basic scene as an action. Same behavior with standards 'scena'.

- alarm panel only active on HCL with scene: Ok --> working
- alarm panel active on HCL and HC2 with only scene active on HC2 : NOK  --> not working - Scene on HC2 is only executed if alarm panel is disarmed.
- alarm panel NOT active on HCL but active on HC2 : NOK --> not working - scene is executed immediately while sensor breached is still counting down. Alarm panel is off in GUI but remains On on Fibaro app. Only
  manual arm and disarm of sensor will disarm alarm panel.

This is what I have send to Fibaro support june 22nd. July 26th, I finally got an answer. See below for their answer.

First of all I want to apologize for such late answer.

1) First of all you have to have correctly configured “gateways connection” option:
a) In case of alarm the most important thing is that you have to have the same PINs for alarm on both gateways.

2) You need to set scenes as Active on both gateways.

If you will have the same PIN code and the same scenes active on both gateways, everything should work well.

I hope I was able to answer to your query.

Case closed. That's it.
As far as I understand the question from Fibaro. They even didn't read my mail.
Ok, I can expect typical 'Helpdesk questions' like 'did you configure the same pin?'. But these are not questions and they just close the case.

So, anybody on the forum that can help? Has an idea what I missed or can try?
@T.Konopka, maybe a push towards support again? I have a good working stable system (in contradiction to others). This is the only leftover to migrate all scenes from HCL to HC2.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

Hello,

I consulted the engineer who responded to your case.

I believe that you misinterpreted the answer from the engineer.

You described three scenarios and the two that do not work... will not work in the configuration you presented.

You have to create same PINs on both gateways and the very same scenes on both gateways. Then you will be able to use the alarm panel from HC2 with the devices on HCL.

Try doing so and let me know if it works. If not, feel free to reopen the case. The engineer will be ready to assist you.

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka Thanks for checking. If I misinterpreted the answer, my apologies but creating the very same scenes on HCL and HC2 is not what I had in mind (and doesn't sound logic anyway).
    First, I don't understand why you should create the same scene on both while I only want to have alarm panel active on HC2?
    The reason why I only want active alarm panel on HC2 is the use of a Lua scene to be triggered by HC2.
    I'll test it the way you explained and will let you know.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @T.Konopka

I've tested the most basic setup. I'll explain as detailed as possible.
    HCL : alarm panel active. A custom scene is defined as action (if alarm is On then sirene is On - blockscene, both 'run scene manual' and 'do not allow alarm to stop scene while alarm is running).

HC2  : activate the alarm panel. I created a scene with the exact same name as the HCL scene and the exact same logic (if alarm is On then sirene is On - blockscene, same config as HCL).

Test the newly created scene by manually triggering the scene: ok, working.
    Add the scene in HC2 alarm panel. Save the alarm panel.
    Both HC2 and HCL now have the same alarm panel configuration and the same PIN code.
    Turn on the alarm. Breach a sensor.
    Alarm is triggered. Both HC2 and HCL are counting down the breached sensor.
    Both HC2 and HCL alarm panel are counting down to activate the scene (I configured delay on activate scene action).
    Sirene is going off.

Switch off alarm (disarm)

Sirene is going off again. !!! Meaning, ... only now the HC2 scene is fired. Exactly as I described in my case.

Let's repeat the scenario.

Inactivate the scene on HCL. So this is a scenario I didn't try yet. Bot alarm panels active but scene not active on alarm panel (I didn't change anything on the scene parameters).

Turn on the alarm. Breach a sensor.
    Alarm is triggered. Both HC2 and HCL are counting down the breached sensor.
    Both HC2 and HCL alarm panel are counting down to activate the scene (I configured delay on activate scene action).

Nothing happens. Scene on HC2 is not triggered.

Now, trying to understand what the engineer says (in the other way then I initially interpreted).
    Did I misconfigure the gateway connection setup? What else can I configure or how else can I configure?

Unless I missed something, it is not working. Either way, the scene on HC2 is either not triggered at all, triggered only once alarm is disabled or triggered immediately while sensor is still counting down.
    With the additional scenario I tested now (both alarm panels active but scene only active on alarm panel of HC2), I think I've tested any possible combination of alarm panel configuration.

Any other idea's?

Hello @wpeeters,

To clarify the situation: the siren goes off again (start -> stop -> start) or it does not stop after going off?

Can you post screen shots showing your scenes? All of the scenes that you want to include in the scenario.

We tested the solution and apparently it works fine with us. We want to compare the scenes. You know, maybe there is a need for a small tweak that will change everything ;)

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka  Yes. Start(HCL) --> stop (@disarm) --> start (by HC2)

Hereby the picture from both HCL and HC2

Hello,

We tested scenarios you provided and apparently there is an issue as it works 3 out of 4 times.

We have reported it to our dev team. We'll have to wait for their insights.

But for now, maybe you can try to use variables as triggers in the scenes? Did you try that?

• Inquirer
  • I could use variables but somehow this means I need a scene monitoring all my sensors for breached status. It was easier, and probably less resource consuming, to use the alarmpanel. If you mean to write variable with hcl and read it with hc2, it goes beyond my idea only having scenes running on hc2. All 3 scenarios working are only the ones where hcl is executing the scene. For Hc2, it never works. Unless you mean that is working sometimes on your setup? 

No need to create another case. The issue is still in verification.

I apologize for this.

When I get any feedback I will post it here.