Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote access to HC docs

Sankotronic

Hello,

Is it possible to access HC docs on remote connection?

I know that on local connection is simple with http://HC_IP/docs but what about remote connection?

2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hello,

Is it possible to access HC docs on remote connection?

I know that on local connection is simple with http://HC_IP/docs but what about remote connection?

@Sankotronic

I've never tried it but I assume you are talking about using your public IP and opening port 80 ???

might work...

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

@Sankotronic

I've never tried it but I assume you are talking about using your public IP and opening port 80 ???

might work...

I was hoping that it is possible to connect via Fibaro serves and https without needing to open ports. Besides my internet provider is changing my IP address every 24 hours.

9 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

I was hoping that it is possible to connect via Fibaro serves and https without needing to open ports. Besides my internet provider is changing my IP address every 24 hours.

Security set aside, free ddns provider?

Would give you more power over your system (house) seeing you are at work ~ 6 months a year..

Jim

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, jimicr said:

Security set aside, free ddns provider?

Would give you more power over your system (house) seeing you are at work ~ 6 months a year..

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I know that there are several ways how to do it, but I was just hoping that there is undocumented way how to display docs while I'm connected to my Angelina with standard remote connection through Fibaro servers.

I already found how to display icons when connected remotely, but I still need to find a way how to get that user key using LUA code. Now I like to know if it is possible to get docs using standard remote connection.

Just now, Sankotronic said:

Thanks Jim,

I know that there are several ways how to do it, but I was just hoping that there is undocumented way how to display docs while I'm connected to my Angelina with standard remote connection through Fibaro servers.

I already found how to display icons when connected remotely, but I still need to find a way how to get that user key using LUA code. Now I like to know if it is possible to get docs using standard remote connection.

Hmm, you could always setup a VPN, I never did it but could be a possibility.