Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS-223 with two phases.

wrt503

Question

Hello. It is possible to connect FGS-223 as I drew on the picture?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_08/223.png.07de31f9e25dc8cce4b40d885ea5662a.png" />

Or I need to use 2x FGS-21X and separate two phases?

Edited by wrt503

3 answers to this question

the both optocouplers on FGS-2x3 can handle it, BUT the distance between them is too small to be used in such configuration, so NO, don't do it.

Normally you can use separate module on L2 (with switch as well on L2), but only if your lamp can handle that (probably not the case as well, and if i think about neutral floating the answer is as well NO). In this case it is better to use separation relais (for L2 switch) or change the phase (from L2 to L1) on power distribution panel on in the wall directly.

With two separated lamps with separated wiring and modules/switches/lamps on L1 and L2 the answer is of course YES, but honestly, are all electricians in Poland extinct?

@wrt503,

You are connecting a L to  a N of a different electric group.  This is not allowed.

• Inquirer
  • Ok. Thanks for reply. I will change directly in electrical switchboard. I have on L1 hall + bathroom (lamps and sockets) 16A B and on L2 kitchen (lamps and sockets) 6A B. I will connect kitchen to L1 fuse. (it is old electrical installation)

Edited by wrt503