Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro RGBW Controller analog inputs problem

dechecker

Question

Hello all,

I've several Fibaro modules running in my own-built-smarthome. Now I'm trying to use the RGBW Controller with analog sensors.
As metionend in the manuals, I configured paramter 14 of the controller with the value 34952 (IN1-IN4 are Inputs).
But now I still get 10V between GND and IN1 (or IN2, IN3, IN4). Have anyone any idear what I'm missing?

Thank you guys.

Edited by dechecker

5 answers to this question

That is OK, by design. There is a pull-up resistor on that module. If I remember, it's about 18 k to 11-volt-ish. Did you expect it to have a pull down and go to zero? Is this behaviour a problem? Short IN to GND and the HC should report "0".

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your quick replay.
    I'd expected zero but shouldn't be a problem if I get my zenario working.
    The analog sensor has an 0-2V output. 

I don't use the Fibaro HC. Is  there an parameter to set the range like it's possible with he Fibaro HC. 
    I'm using a Raspberry Pi with a Razbeery Modul and the z-way server.
    Any clue how to get this work?

Edited by dechecker

There is no parameter to set the range. The range you see on a HC is math performed on the HC, not some parameter on the module.

I doubt this setup will make you happy... The resolution is only 0.1 V so you get 20 steps going from 0 to 2 Volt. What are you trying to measure?

I can't tell you how it works on Z-Way but I have an educated guess that you'll see a set of sensors or dimmers and one of them will be IN1.

• Inquirer
  • I'm using a wind sensor (Anemometer ). So I think 20 steps should work. I just need to know when the wind is to strong for the blinds. The actual wind speed doesn't mather. I have 0-32.4m/s wind speed, so there is 1,62m/s or 5,8 km/h per step, thats enough for me. 
    I see 6 (?) dimmer, don't know why. but no value on any sensor will change. Will continuing testing. Thanks

Yes, 6 dimmers is about right... One represents the "basic" function of the module for Z-Wave backwards compatibility. Four correspond to RGBW. Don't know about number six though, but it is not an error...

In Z-Way, there is something like "interview", maybe you need to redo that... Don't know. And there are also lot's of add-ons, maybe you need some sort of sensor thing. I have only basic knowledge of Z-Way. I also had a quick look at the Z-Wave.me forum but I didn't find anything relevant, sorry!