Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SUBMITTED][Feature request] Ability to hide plugins and collapsing rooms in BUI

Bodyart

L.S.

There are plugins, which are used only once for configuration. After that they are only taking place in gui.

Please add the posibility to make plugins hidden in system like the other devices.

Thanks for your attention.

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

Could you give examples of such plugins?

Hi @I.Srodka,

just to give you an example: Harmony plugin when installed and configured only takes place in the gui.

I upvote for the request. In my situation, for example, the main plugin of Philips HUE is useless in home page

Can't you just put it in Unassigned room? There are times when you will need it like I needed to check Netatmo plugin today, and it is easier to just go to that room and do the thing than selecting devices and then hidden ones. Or you can add special room for all devices that are normally not needed and put it on the end of the room list?

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Can't you just put it in Unassigned room? There are times when you will need it like I needed to check Netatmo plugin today, and it is easier to just go to that room and do the thing than selecting devices and then hidden ones. Or you can add special room for all devices that are normally not needed and put it on the end of the room list?

Hi @Sankotronic,

a room can not be hidden, so such device takes whole the time valuable space in your gui. I have also all the z-wave masters hidden, because one uses them seldom. And not all of us have 4K, or Retina screens.

Edited by Bodyart

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic,

a room can not be hidden, so such device takes whole the time valuable space in your gui. I have also all the z-wave masters hidden, because one uses them seldom. And not all of us have 4K, or Retina screens.

You are right, but if you put that room on the bottom then it doesn't really maters if your display is 4K or not since you don't see it unless you really scroll all the way down. I still agree that it would be nice to have possibility to hide special rooms, plugin master devices and some other things and I do vote for it, but I just give you idea what I do until this feature is available if it will be ever available.

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

You are right, but if you put that room on the bottom then it doesn't really maters if your display is 4K or not since you don't see it unless you really scroll all the way down. I still agree that it would be nice to have possibility to hide special rooms, plugin master devices and some other things and I do vote for it, but I just give you idea what I do until this feature is available if it will be ever available.

I have a std. FHD screen with 1920*1200 and 20 room (just need to add roof terras and garden) so i have to scroll already....

Yeah!  I second that idea to collapse the rooms, when you don't need to manage scenes or devices in them.

Maybe it is worth considdering to make also the zones collapsible.... :-)

Edited by Bodyart

Some silly idea:

What about to use user account* for an app and admin (superuser) account for a web UI. There you cannot see it, because you will not have permision to see it.

*user account: Still cannot use Video gateway as standart user.

Edited by jakub.jezek