Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro plugin for SONOS - Sonos Play:1 not found

sjamaBe

Question

Hi, I'm fairly new to Fibaro.  Sorry if this question was asked before.

Have managed to set up Hue (also with VD) and now I'm trying to link up my Sonos Play:1 using the fibaro plugin.  However when entering the Sonos IP adres, the Play:1 cannot be found.  Get an error message saying :  

Unfortunately there are no results for device search.    Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

D.

4 answers to this question

nothing, you have newer Sonos version as supported by the plugin's search function, you have to check the IP of your play1 in the play1 controller app and type it manually into the plugin, that's all.

Edited by tinman

• Inquirer
  • Hi tinman, thanks for your reply but that's exactly what I'm doing ... but unfortunately without success.  The Play:1 works fine on Wifi.  The only "strange" thing is that : when connecting through the PC controller to it, it takes some time to get connected but after a minute or so it get's connected and works fine from there.

once again, start the pc controller, go to help about, look for the IP of your play1, go to fibaro plugin settings, enter that ip and click on save, nothing else (do not click on search).

• Inquirer
  • Indeed no error message now... but not sure the HC2 has now found the play:1.  Don't see anything changing such as the playlist loaded or anything else.

Started a packet capture and see the Fibaro sending an ARP broadcast asking who's behind the Play:1's IP adress, but no reply from the Play:1 on this broadcast.  HC2 keeps on repeating on a regular pace.

And suddenly it started working.  Really no idea what changed suddenly;

Thanks for the support  tinman.