Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double Switch 2 switches off immediately after switching on

Argarath

Today I tried to install the fibaro double Switch 2, although I only use it to switch one load, I reckoned I could use the double switch anyway.

the thing is, I use the switch to power 4 garden lamps. Three of those lamps are power saving halogens and one is a LED. When I switch the switch the lights go on very briefly and then switch off immediately. The led lamp stays on (although less bright than when the switch is on), the rest of the lamps are off.

I don't understand why this is; when I just use a normal lightswitch all lamps burn normal.

hope anybody can help! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Argarath

I bet you did not connect it as shown in the manual. You only connected 2 wires, instead of 3? That only works withe Fibaro Dimmers... You'll have to connect L, N and Q (or "O").

• Topic Author
  • I use the N (blue) and the L (brown), the weird thing is that the black wire doesn't seem to do anything (this was the same in the old switch). When I connect the black wire nothing happens.

Edited by Argarath

A "normal" switch has only two connections. If you had 3 wires connected, it only makes sense if this switch goes to another switch so you can control the light with two switches.

It is really hard to tell from here, there are so many possible circuits/connections. Not all black wires mean the same thing accross the globe...

If possible, draw a schematic of the "old" situation. Label all wires, colours and follow all connections. I recommend help from an electrician if you do not understand what I am asking.

Edit: Let me rephrase that... When I say "if you do not understand" I do not mean to insult you... You'll probably understand what I am asking for. What I really mean is this: if you find this task difficult, possibly because you do not have much experience in doing so, then please seek assistance...

Edited by petergebruers
    Rephrase

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Peter,

I am getting an electrician in. The problem is that there is a combination of old wiring and new wiring and I suspect that they didn't always used the right colors to combine everything.

• Topic Author
  • Got an electrician friend of mine today. Turned out the original wiring was wrong. Neatly fixed this and now the Fibaro is working like a charm!