Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Official Google Home Support for HC2

amonts

Question

Hi Community,

I know that there are other topics regarding my question. But all of them propose to use HA-Bridge which is not what I want to do.

My question is if there are plans to officially support Google Home. Means if Fibaro is implementing a google action so you can control HC2 devices through Google Home (or assistant on a phone/tablet).

Thanks in advance

Tobias

@I.SrodkaHow can we help you with testing?

It's nice to hear that Google Home Implementation is progressing. I have tested it. Unfortunately, I have the same mistake (DependentServiceUnavailableError). I hope the functions are given soon and everything is running smoothly.

Phone: LG G4 – Android 7.0 (Stock ROM)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi @Mickler!

Do you have your remote access (Fibaro ID / home.fibaro.com) configured and it works well?

Did you try to restart your Home Center?

Could you PM me your HC2 serial number?

Hi,

I have an issue with Fibaro and Google Assistant. Fibaro keeps forgetting about scenes, lights, rooms etc. When I tell to discover he will find all of them but when I end the conversation and start the new one, Fibaro will tell me that list of all scenes/lights/rooms/... are empty.

I'm using Google Home and Fibaro in Poland. Google Home and my phone is set to US English.

Hi @huberuto!

How do you initiate the interaction with Google Assistant and Fibaro?

With what phrase exactly do you start your command?

@huberuto,

the flow goes like this:

You: Hey Google talk to Fibaro

GA: Okay, let's get Fibaro. Start controlling your home

You: list scenes

or

You: Okay Google talk to Fibaro

GA: Okay, getting Fibaro. Start controlling your home.

You: list scenes

@I.Srodka

Yes, but every time I need to tell Fibaro to discover scenes because each time I ask to list I'm getting message that the list of all scenes is empty.

@I.Srodka@I.Srodka

When I'll talk to Fibaro next time the list of all scenes will be empty until I ask to discover again. This DependentServiceUnavailableError is new to me.

• Inquirer
  • Hi there,

when will the integration be available in german language? When I set my phone to german, I cannot see the fibaro integration.

Also, will you create a "real" smart home integration where we can map rooms and devices, so we can directly talk to google assistant and tell it to "turn off all lights in the living room"? Or will it remain an action for google?

Thanks and best regards

There is a thread on the forum that has been running for a rediculously long time, compromised of users and installers that are also requesting a floor layout design.. I don't see it coming anytime soon.. 

Will this also be available in the Netherlands (or other countries) when set to English? :)

Guest skarotech

It’s really not that hard to write and implment a true ‘home control’ platform for google home, where you just say ‘turn on xxx’, ive already done it and had it approved! And it supports multiple HA controllers

• Inquirer
  • If the full reall "smart home" solution is not comming that is a no-go. Maybe I'm going to write my own integration ... as skarotech already said, it is not that difficult.

Guest skarotech
    5 minutes ago, amonts said:

If the full reall "smart home" solution is not comming that is a no-go. Maybe I'm going to write my own integration ... as skarotech already said, it is not that difficult.

Indeed! Mine already supports Fibaro and using it in my home and a number of others around Australia, works great and on average 3 seconds response time.

I ALSO use skarotech's bridge and it works for scenes, VD, and all commands. It's local and "just works" without the need for special coding or learning special addresses. I really think Fibaro decided to take a shortcut, vs a full implemented connection unlike the apps that are already available in the Google home "home control" list...

Hi I've set my phone to english (US)but still can't see the fibaro plugin available in the list under google home app. What I'm doing wrong ?

THX