Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Official Google Home Support for HC2

amonts

Question

Hi Community,

I know that there are other topics regarding my question. But all of them propose to use HA-Bridge which is not what I want to do.

My question is if there are plans to officially support Google Home. Means if Fibaro is implementing a google action so you can control HC2 devices through Google Home (or assistant on a phone/tablet).

Thanks in advance

Tobias

2 hours ago, matt1981 said:

skarotech's bridge and it works for scenes, VD, and all commands.

Hi,

And where can we find this please ?

thanks a lot, it's very interesting ;-)

for anymore information concerning his bridge, you'll have privately message him.  i don't want to get in trouble by the Fibaro moderator for promoting/marketing another product he's  selling..    there was a thread awhile back that was deleted by the moderator concerning this bridge.

@I.Srodka

...thanks for support. The error „DependentServiceUnavailableError“ is no longer displayed. Simple switching of lamps is now possible. Now German language would be great, since my lamps are all German and „Google Assistant“ does not understand german speaking with English settings. ;)

The error "Show list of scenes" does not work for me, too. I get the feedback that the list is empty. Do I have to adjust something in the HC2?

A list of possible commands would be great. Can I find a list somewhere?

Regards,

Mick

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

@Tony270570, you can say "Okay Google talk to Fibaro" this should initiate the linking process.

@I.Srodka thank you for the advice it’s working now. Let’s play with the Fibaro G.home ! Is there any plan for the french version or any other languages supported by the g.home? Thank you for your feadback!

Edited by Tony270570

I prefer talking to Google Assistant rather than Fibaro. it's easier to say "Turn lights on" instead of "Talk to Fibaro" ... "Turn lights on" or "Ask Fibaro to turn lights on" and then you must finish the conversation with Fibaro by saying "Stop" or "Bye" because he is still listening. I've made a shortcut in Home app - When I say "OK Google, open the gate" what is Assistant really doing is "Ask Fibaro to activate scene Gate". Fibaro should start the scene (he never do that because for him the list of scenes is empty unless I tell him to discover scenes again). But still, after firing shortcut Fibaro do his job (maybe) and wait for next command and you must say "Stop" or "Goodbye" over and over again.

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any idea about the official documentation? It was available at this link

Please login or register to see this link.

but it's no longer available.

Hi, I finally (after reading some posts and got me some hints) got Google assisting working with Fibaro, but with "activating scene" part. No Idea how I can just control the blinds/screens/shutters directly without a scene..? Fibaro is always responding with "which room" or "which door or window" or "which device".

what am i doing wrong? any idea's? is there a rule that the devices name should not contain spaces or something?

I also honestly don't know how to set names for "doors" or "windows" in fibaro?

Im i correct in saying this is only a google assistant feature and not a google home app?

as i cant get it to work with my google home 

Got same results as above..... it linked once (when i asked it to do something with fibaro), but now it keeps asking what room :P

@Kartono it's a Google Assistant thing. Meaning it works also on the Google home and your phone/tablet with the Google Assistant app. You can talk directly to the Google home or the Google Assistant on your phone. 

I use both.

Edited by matt1981
Edit

Hi @matt1981 , @tcviper my phone did work and now it just keeps looping what room and my google home just does not work when asked 

Ok google talk to fibaro

luckily my alexa and HA bridge still work perfectly, wish it still would work with google :-( (did an update to 5.0.0 RIP)

Your not the only one with issues concerning the poor integration of Google Assistant and Fibaro... 

My perspective on this "half-assed" integration, is they took a shortcut using "actions" instead of the correct option of using "home control" like any "reputable" company that wants their products to work with Google Assistant... I've had to use other means, like the bridge your talking about and the bridge @skarotech sells that works out of the box with scenes, VD, etc.. 

Edited by matt1981
Edit

the skarotec solution is great btw.  none of this talk fibaro stuff which is honestly poor from a user experence,  just turn on ac turn off lounge lights etc.  Works very well.

On 24.11.2017 at 10:09 AM, de.weerdt.johan@deme-group said:

Hi, I finally (after reading some posts and got me some hints) got Google assisting working with Fibaro, but with "activating scene" part. No Idea how I can just control the blinds/screens/shutters directly without a scene..? Fibaro is always responding with "which room" or "which door or window" or "which device".

what am i doing wrong? any idea's? is there a rule that the devices name should not contain spaces or something?

I also honestly don't know how to set names for "doors" or "windows" in fibaro?

How did you linked GH and HC2 finally? Talk to Fibaro command does nothing in my case..

Hi @matt1981 been over at the HA bridge site and some of the users have been using the smarthings hub as a go between 

eg - google home to smartthings.com to smartthings hub to ha_bridge to fibaro 

been told its way fast than IFTTT

But sadly being all the was down in Australia i just can pop in to best buys to get one

Its a little rediculous to have to buy a second smart home hub, just to use Google home. PM @skarotech and ask him about the hub he sells. I own one and it  "automatically" finds all scenes, VD, door/window Sensors, etc on your network without any coding or anything. It's rediculously easy to setup and use. You don't need to know or type in any commands like with the original HA hub from bwssytems

Edited by matt1981
Edit

14 hours ago, Lauri said:

How did you linked GH and HC2 finally? Talk to Fibaro command does nothing in my case..

Same here, it just open the web browser and shows links to Fibaro.