Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Official Google Home Support for HC2

amonts

Question

Hi Community,

I know that there are other topics regarding my question. But all of them propose to use HA-Bridge which is not what I want to do.

My question is if there are plans to officially support Google Home. Means if Fibaro is implementing a google action so you can control HC2 devices through Google Home (or assistant on a phone/tablet).

Thanks in advance

Tobias

@Fibaro really fumbled their integration with Google home/Google Assistant. It's actually quite sad, being how well everything else works with it. 

Edited by matt1981
Edit

I totally give up with fibaro.   I use the BWS System bridge to work around at first.   However, recently GH required the Hue API to logon unless you use the old app.   It might work after sometimes doesn't work again.  At first I buy smarthings hub but again this product has seriously reliability issue.   I buy homeseer and migrate all my zwave over.   Yes the GUI is not as impressive or cosmetic pleasing as Fibaro but things work reliably and their home control work well.   With so many months fibaro HC2 just implement as service under GH instead of native home control make it totally worthless.   I have also noticed homeseer event engine is more powerful and easier than the LUA script.   I think fibaro direction is toward Apple homekit.

In the GH support page (see link below) it is now clearly listed Fibaro as partner. Does it mean  the integration is finally done now?

Please login or register to see this link.

Don't know whether or not I can buy the GH or shall I go for Amazon Echo.

Thanks

@dancar yes google home is integrated with Fibaro, but its nothing like what you are used to if you have ever used either voice assistant.  i have the google home and the mini in our home and its a sad integration.  fibaro really did a horrible job with the integration... if you haven't pulled the trigger on voice activation yet, i would recommend going with the echo.  

for example, with the google home,  you have "invoke" fibaro by saying; speak to fibaro,. the nyou wait for fibaro to answer, then you have to give it command or ask it a question, then you say thank you thats all to end the conversation. i would recommend glancing over this topic and reading some of the posts.. im using google home, but i had to add a second hub by another user on that created a hub that syncs with google home, but it works with all VD's, scenes, and devices that syncs to fibaro. "one more hoop" to jump through to make it a "seemless" conversation like with the philips HUE hub for example .

btw, nice to have someone else in italy on the Fibaro forum!! 

Matt 

@matt1981  Sounds like Fibaro wants to keep Amazon as "main" partner.  No sense for me having a second hub in middle. Which hub did you add?

I will probably buy the Echo dot and the Google Home mini to test both before coming to a conclusion. I'm fuzzy since what I like of GH is the casting feature. I have Android TV and definitely it could have one more gear vs Amazon Echo. 

What Fibaro has now it cannot be named integration.

Answer from support few days ago:

Integration with Google Home will be available soon (about the turn of the year). We can only ask for a little bit more patience.

For sure it will be a full integration.

we use all android devices and i have google home's in each room of the house along with HUE bulbs and single and double switch 2's on all  light switches in our home, so the google homes works very well in our home. right now, im using @skarotech's HUB.  i cant go much into it because Fibaro deleted a few posts and a topic on it.  you can PM him to get a more detailed understanding of it.  but it just works out of the box.  no coding or special understanding of coding at all. it discovers all your devices ,VD, and scenes on startup.  its what fibaro should have created... 

you can PM @skarotech, along with your email address.  the Fibaro forum really cracks down on users promoting/advertising their own products, hence why some of us are so hesitant, with things like this on the forum. 

Tony Burn
M: 

E: 

| W: 

Watching the daily increase of even unknown full third-party integrations coming to google home. Shame on you Fibaro for being so slow. 

Hi Support, 

I am having issues getting Google Home to select my HC2.

My HC2 is on firmware 4.140, connected to Fibaro ID.

When I 'list home centre devices'.  It lists correctly, but when I try to select it, it always cannot.  

I am using iPhone 7 Plus - English (Australia) and Google Home (AU - English).

I have also rebooted HC2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The responses from Fibaro representatives are really making me laugh. Once I am told, they are working on full integration of Google Assistant/Home and Fibaro (and not just this crap they currently have) and the integration would be ready by beginning of the year. Now I got response from different rep saying, they have what they have and we should be ok with it - because they do not work on anything else for now!

its quite sad @Fibaro chose to cut corners with google home, when even other low-end home automation companies actually spent time and chose the right direction with the "home control" option... 

If only I knew @Fibaro would be taking such approach to their customers / solution, I would never purchase their expensive hub (HC2) and rather choose Smartthings or anything else...

I’ve just installed google mini & had it linked to fibaro and still playing about with it. I’ve noticed that I can’t give Mini the direct command of the action (like turn on lights etc) but only the ‘ask fibaro’ and wait for fibaro.... (about 3/4sec), then give fibaro the command which sometimes still doesn’t get it. 

Its really not very efficient as it’s working now tbh. Hope there is some improvement in it soon. 

same story here. Fibaro team put a roadmap and please be kind to announce them also to your users. We need some clear view of what expectations we can have. 

There are many fields that @Fibaro left behind. New devices, GH integration, plugins and on top silence.

Hope to see at least some steps in one area.

Strangely I had connectivity using a HCL and google home + google home mini. It was working, lights on off dim, run scenes etc. Until.... 5 days ago. all of a suden it cant find devices. Ive tried unlinking the account and relinking. Its links up fine but cant find devices any more. Rebooted everything many times. No good.

Any ideas?

Melbourne australia.

I am also facing this issue with Google Home and fibaro integration. I was also surprised on the integration strategy chosen by Fibaro. For example the broadling integration uses the explicit integration and its usage is very intuitive. Many time "talk to fibaro" itself is not picked up. I need to try many times to get it activated. I tried using different languages (English) but no use.

Also once activated it fails with message "could not find any devices". Many restarts of google home and home center was done with no improvement. 

I chose fibaro because of their competeness and reliability but i see there are better provides who can react to such changes effortlessly. I hope Fibaro will react to this in a more proffessional way.