Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Official Google Home Support for HC2

amonts

Question

Hi Community,

I know that there are other topics regarding my question. But all of them propose to use HA-Bridge which is not what I want to do.

My question is if there are plans to officially support Google Home. Means if Fibaro is implementing a google action so you can control HC2 devices through Google Home (or assistant on a phone/tablet).

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Dear Users,

We are working on introducing support for Google Home but we cannot disclose any concrete date just yet.

Please stay tuned and follow our forum and

Please login or register to see this link.

for updates!

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your clarification.

That doesn't make decision between echo and home easier ... echo already has a skill and home is about to come ...

It's been two months since the last post here. Any news on this one, guys? Is there a time scope for this, at least, are we talking a year or a few months? 

Edited by jolanjj

On 9/21/2017 at 10:16 AM, jolanjj said:

It's been two months since the last post here. Any news on this one, guys? Is there a time scope for this, at least, are we talking a year or a few months? 

Yeah, In order to stay competitive on this market, this really needs to be in place.

Seems that all the focus has been on Apple Smartkit devices and support the last couple of years.

Please login or register to see this link.

On the product page of the heat controller, it states that it works with Google Assistant, but I haven't seen any sign for this in Google Assistant and in Fibaro Home Center 2

ive messaged Fibaro about google assistant and their response is that "it's coming soon ." its why im sticking with the ha-bridge, until whenever fibaro launches it... 

4 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

Hi, @matt1981!

Of course! I hope it will launch much much sooner than the end of the year ; )

We do too... ;)

Do let us know when you need some beta testing done...

Now that HA Bridge is no longer able to link to Google Home this is more important than ever before! Especially in Australia were Amazon hasn't launched yet.

Im looking forward to seeing it soon.

Just an info, Google home is working now :) there is Fibaro plug-in and I tested and works quite good, only sometimes it's stupid :) like :

Turn on bedroom light (the actual name of a light in my system)

Fibaro - which light

Me - bedroom 

And then it gets it :)

56 minutes ago, HomeSystem.sk said:

Just an info, Google home is working now :) there is Fibaro plug-in and I tested and works quite good, only sometimes it's stupid :) like :

Turn on bedroom light (the actual name of a light in my system)

Fibaro - which light

Me - bedroom 

And then it gets it :)

I don’t see it when I try to add a device in Australia....

• Like 1

Maybe it's for sure only or I don't know. Fibaro did not mentioned it nowhere but it is there

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Fingers crossed it arrives in Australia soon.. as you can see below it’s missing from my list

It seems to be there now however it isn’t working for me. I get the below error @T.Konopka any suggestions??

try it again. i just said "talk to fibaro" and responded with "looks like your account is linked yet" and took me to the cloud login screen

spoke too soon. after i finished signing in, it returns me to the assistant screen and nothing happens.. im guessing its "just now" rolling out, just slowly and not fully up and running...

Looks like Google Assistant is functional now