Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NEW TO HOME CENTER LITE AND NEED HELP

hall247

Question

I am currently re building a house and I want to make it fully automated. I started using insteon and I have set up din rail dimmer modules to control my lights hoping to use it with apple home kit eventually ?. However I have decide to ditch all the equipment as this couldn't be done and re design using Fibaro.

All I want to do is connect all my lights to z wave dimmer modules and I hope to use apple homekit to control my lights with SIRI and I would hope that my house will know when I am coming home and turn on scenes etc. I am about to buy Quibino Dimmer modules to replace my insteon dimmer modules ,which are about to go into the bin. Am I doing this correct or am I about to waste more money.

How do I control the Quibino Dimmer modules with apple home kit ? or would it be easier just to buy a shed loads of PHILIPs HUE LED bulbs and ditch the whole thing ??

Please could someone provide some guidance 

5 answers to this question

I don't follow you.... you want to use Quibino Dimmer directly with Apple Home Kit right? 

If so, I don't see any connection to Fibaro's HCL.

Apple home kit works on WiFi and does nothing related to Z-Wave.

But I might miss your idea.....

• Inquirer
  • Hello cag014

I was hoping I could use the Fibaro HCL to control the dimmer modules. Then if I download homebridge onto my mac I can control everything through HomeKit ? Is this incorrect? If so how can I do it ? Do you think it will be easier to scrap everything and use philips hue? I have spent fortunes re wiring the house to have all my lights connecting to dimmer modules so I don't have to change my light switches. 

To my opinion the best solution is to use Philips Hue w/o homebridge, MAC and other middleware which requires constantly to maintain . By the way you can control Philips Hue through HCL as well.

Any special reason why you want to use apple home kit?

You can use Fibaro application on your iPhone instead of home kit  (in case you already have the system)

In addition you can use  Alexa directly with Philips Hue (voice control )

Hope it helps

Edited by cag014

@cag014 can you please help us with configuration to control Philips hue with Home center lite. Philips hue plugin doesnt work. We want to add Philps hue in scenes so that customer can have a common color on RGB strip and philips hue bulbs. 

Hi,

Sorry, but if I understand correctly the Virtual Device plugin doesn't work for you.. so since HCL doesn't supports LUA code, I don't see any way how you can create scene to control Hue devices without Virtual Device? As far as I know Hue works on WiFi, right?