Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion range just 1 meter not 7 !

noor

Question

Hi all friend 

Now Iam using Home Center Lite with 3 motion Sensors ,when we put the motion sensor  and try to Execute the scene of just turning on the lighting when i move in front of Motion sensor, i faced a problem in sensitivity of the motion , it is just a 1 meter maximum " not 7 meter as mentioned in the catalog".

I repeat this with another motion sensor , and the same result.

Also the responding was late about 2 seconds although the controller beside the sensor( just 2 meter).  

I don't know how to solve the problem to maximize the motion sensor range to 7 meter and increase  the responding time , If any know how to solve this , i will be grateful. 

Thanks in advance,

5 answers to this question

Hello!

Have you tried adjusting some settings under the "Advanced" tab?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You could also check the place of installation, maybe there are some obstacles.

• Inquirer
  • Yes , i tried to change the parameters 1 and 2 , and nothing happen , also there is no any obstacles around the motion and i changed its location a lot of times and still the range not exceed 1 or 2 meter ,i tried another motion , and the problem still exist .

42 minutes ago, noor said:

Yes , i tried to change the parameters 1 and 2 , and nothing happen , also there is no any obstacles around the motion and i changed its location a lot of times and still the range not exceed 1 or 2 meter ,i tried another motion , and the problem still exist .

Maybe you have a dud

Hello!

Did you try to set:

Parameter 1 = 8

Parameter 3 = 0 (1 pulse)

Parameter 8 = 0 (always active)

You can always send us your full Motion Sensor configuration.

Furthermore, how do you test it? There are periods after and before triggering when Motion Sensor may ignore some movements due to the Parameter 2 or 4.

Finally, maybe the most trivial, did you take off the safety film if there was any on the sensor?

12 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Maybe you have a dud

With three pieces it is very unlikely, but possible.

Edited by I.Srodka

I wonder... You are in Egypt? I bet the climate differs a lot from the (almost always rainy) weather in Belgium, so I bet you have different cooling and heating in the house. I'm am trying to picture that, but I might be wrong. Maybe heat/cold has something to do with it...

• Can you start by excluding and including (deleting then adding back) the device, so it resets to factory default? I assume you did that only once, then tested in different rooms. Might be interesting to test again, but first exclude the device.
    • Do you have false positive triggers too? Or mostly no triggers at all?
    • Do you have a heat source, infrared radiation, heating or cooling vent that is in direct sight of the sensor? Seems unlikely, because you say it does not matter where you use this sensor...
    • Can you please check the parameters to blink the LED, see parameter 80 in the manual or advanced properties of the device. If it is at the default, it  should "single long blink at the moment of reporting motion and one short blink each time the motion is detected again.". Do you notice this blinking? If it blinks, but the HCL does not detect it, you do not have a detection issue, but probably a Z-Wave issue.