Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Solved] Fibaro api/refreshStates call incredibly slow

Harald

Question

I've recently purchased a Fibaro Home Center 2. And linked up three fibaro dimmer 2, two nexa AD-146 Dimmers and one AD-147.

Suddenly (as within adding the first few devices) the admin interface has become unusable due to slowness. I'm seeing that the api call api/refreshStates often returns at around ~30s which is propably a timeout in the code.

Since this call is used quite a lot in per page. I'm often getting 3-5 minute page load times. 

I'm really unsure about where to start debugging this issue. Mem and CPU and other systems stats seem to be working fine. But my home center admin interface is now basically unusable. Anyone seen similar issues?

Update: I disabled one of the Nexa AD-146'es. And the problem disappeared. Funny thing is, the sluggishness didn't return when i Re-enabeld it. 

Edited by Harald
Solved

2 answers to this question

nexa is actually everspring, and everspring i known for bit strange COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4 implementation, which definitely can slow down HC2 (where HC2 itself know COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4 and have no issues with other devices using it, seems to be very everspring related)

• Inquirer
  • 22 hours ago, tinman said:

nexa is actually everspring, and everspring i known for bit strange COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4 implementation, which definitely can slow down HC2 (where HC2 itself know COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4 and have no issues with other devices using it, seems to be very everspring related)

That seems to be my exact issue. The notification center was filling up. I think I'll limit the use of Nexa/Everspring to the Dimmer/Wall plug from now on.