Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

So is the Fibaro Button working for anybody?

Ole

Question

I am about to throw my Fibaro Button in the bin. It may work once in 20-30 attempts, maybe. I just want to use it to turn lights on and off, but it almost never works, and I certainly can't switch them on and off again in the same evening.

Anyone @Fibaro with a solution to this or do I just throw it away? I am done trying to get it to work, it just annoys me to look at it.

Reading all the above I conclude the BUTTONS do not have a particularly reliable design. I bought 3 altogether and already had one replaced as it acted unreliably (some clicks ok, many clicks without action). Now I have to send in another one with the same issue. Annoying!

As other customers I also have the strange behaviour, that the clicks are recognized by HC2 ("transfer ok"), but no action is being triggered. Battery is new and >3V.

Hi @Ole,

i have 2 Buttons; one is working perfectly and one does nothing.

I still have mixed feelings about the Button.

Hi @Ole,

I'm sorry to hear that. Our buttons do work fine. As @petergebruers said, no need to throw them out just yet :)

Of course, every device can broke and If you have problems with your devices you can send them to us and have them repaired (whether free of charge or not depends on warranty).

Edited by I.Srodka

What we have works perfectly. Black one is in showroom and red one in our salesmans demo model.

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

Hi @Ole,

I'm sorry to hear that. As @Bodyart said, our buttons do work fine.

Of course, every device can broke and If you have problem with your devices you can send them to us and have them repaired (whether free of charge or not depends on warranty).

Well, @Bodyart doesn't say that at all, as only one of his two buttons work. But I'll send mine in, I just need an answer to the following question. Is it possible that the HC2 registers me pushing the button, but for nothing to happen? Because each time I press the button, the GUI of the HC2 says "transfer ok", but nothing happens.

4 minutes ago, Ole said:

Well, @Bodyart doesn't say that at all, as only one of his two buttons work. But I'll send mine in, I just need an answer to the following question. Is it possible that the HC2 registers me pushing the button, but for nothing to happen? Because each time I press the button, the GUI of the HC2 says "transfer ok", but nothing happens.

Yes, I meant @petergebruers;)

If the transfer is OK, maybe you have different configuration for different clicks and this particular click is not configured in some way.

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

Yes, I meant @petergebruers;)

If the transfer is OK, maybe you have different configuration for different clicks and this particular click is not configured in some way.

I have tried several times, using the built in actions of the button to switch lights on with one click and off with two clicks. I have tried using associations too, but nothing works. Is there a step by step on how to set it up? Can't imagine what I have done wrong so I need to see how others have done it.

@Bodyart Do you see "transfer ok" in the GUI with your button that does nothing?

@Ole,

no that button can not be included, neither reset to factory default :-(

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The number of clicks responsible for triggering:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Full manual and much valuable information can be found here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

But if nothing works for you @Ole, I advise you to send it back to Fibaro or to your retailer.

Guest spazpeker

for the panic button mode you need to hold it down,  if you push it it says transfer but nothing happens, you need to hold for at least 0.5 seconds for it to work

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, spazpeker said:

for the panic button mode you need to hold it down,  if you push it it says transfer but nothing happens, you need to hold for at least 0.5 seconds for it to work

Thanks for the tip, but I haven't tried Panic mode yet. That, 0.5 seconds, does that apply to the other mode as well? Mind you I have tried fast clicking and slow clicking.

Guest spazpeker

Try holding it down for 0.5 seconds, i think if you fast press it does not work every time, for me anyway,

• Inquirer
  • So I reconfigured the Button again and it sort of works, but not every time. If I use the actions feature in the button and choose for it to switch on "lights" it does not work. If I create a scene it sort of works, but not every time though. The way I have it set up is that the button runs a scene for switching the lights ON and one for switching them OFF. It is very sluggish and is not very practical as a light switch as you just want to press it on your way through the doorway and not stand and wait to see if it works and maybe having to press it more times. Would it be a better solution to use associations? And would it then communicate directly with the bulbs instead of going via the HC2?

• Inquirer
  • On 23.8.2017 at 11:55 AM, Ole said:

So I reconfigured the Button again and it sort of works, but not every time. If I use the actions feature in the button and choose for it to switch on "lights" it does not work. If I create a scene it sort of works, but not every time though. The way I have it set up is that the button runs a scene for switching the lights ON and one for switching them OFF. It is very sluggish and is not very practical as a light switch as you just want to press it on your way through the doorway and not stand and wait to see if it works and maybe having to press it more times. Would it be a better solution to use associations? And would it then communicate directly with the bulbs instead of going via the HC2?

@Fibaro?

On 8/23/2017 at 11:55 AM, Ole said:

So I reconfigured the Button again and it sort of works, but not every time. If I use the actions feature in the button and choose for it to switch on "lights" it does not work. If I create a scene it sort of works, but not every time though. The way I have it set up is that the button runs a scene for switching the lights ON and one for switching them OFF. It is very sluggish and is not very practical as a light switch as you just want to press it on your way through the doorway and not stand and wait to see if it works and maybe having to press it more times. Would it be a better solution to use associations? And would it then communicate directly with the bulbs instead of going via the HC2?

Same here, sometimes it works. There are times, that I have to press it only ones, there are times I have to press it a couple of times to get it working. frustrating!!  Just needs to work. Button 8 meter away from HC2.  Battery is displayed as full. Get often "transfer ok" while not working. 

setup press 1, 2 and hold. 

what is the problem? any diagnostics to run through this button?

• Inquirer
  • So my Fibaro Button has gradually gotten worse and last week it stopped working all together. I wasn't even able to reset it and re-ad it. The webshop I bought it at sent me a new one, but it isn't really any better than the old one was a few weeks ago. I just can't understand why it is so unreliable? The Button works most times when I have it in the same room as the HC2, but when I have moved it to the room where it is supposed to work as a light switch it stops working almost all together. It is in a room with 6 devices that all work as repeaters so why it doesn't work is beyond me. But could using associations to directly control the bulbs be a solution and does The Button support that? This is my last effort at using this button, before I buy another switch.

That's exactly what is happening with my button too.

Wondering what kind of solution this will bring

forgot to mention:

HC2 V4.136

Fibaro Button Version V3.2

Edited by samuel

• Inquirer
  • 21 hours ago, Ole said:

So my Fibaro Button has gradually gotten worse and last week it stopped working all together. I wasn't even able to reset it and re-ad it. The webshop I bought it at sent me a new one, but it isn't really any better than the old one was a few weeks ago. I just can't understand why it is so unreliable? The Button works most times when I have it in the same room as the HC2, but when I have moved it to the room where it is supposed to work as a light switch it stops working almost all together. It is in a room with 6 devices that all work as repeaters so why it doesn't work is beyond me. But could using associations to directly control the bulbs be a solution and does The Button support that? This is my last effort at using this button, before I buy another switch.

So last night I tried to turn the lights on with the button and it doesn't work. I take it back to the room where the HC2 is and where it worked ok before I moved it. I try pressing it 4 times and there is no "transfer ok" with the HC2. I try for several minutes to get it to communicate with the HC2 but there is no activity. I also restarted the HC2. I then force removed it from the HC2 since I can't remove it by excluding it. I then follow the procedure to reset the button and try to add it again. There is no reaction when I press the button more than 6 times with ad device running on the HC2. I have tried resetting and adding the button 10-20 times and nothing happens. @I.Srodka This thing is driving me crazy! I have never come across a z-wave device that is so unreliable. What should I do?