Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

So is the Fibaro Button working for anybody?

Ole

Question

I am about to throw my Fibaro Button in the bin. It may work once in 20-30 attempts, maybe. I just want to use it to turn lights on and off, but it almost never works, and I certainly can't switch them on and off again in the same evening.

Anyone @Fibaro with a solution to this or do I just throw it away? I am done trying to get it to work, it just annoys me to look at it.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:00 AM, alexndr said:

I have had mine 20cm from the HC2 for one week know and it still seems to work ok. 

I have already replaced mine once. I got the second one from the same reseller so it might have been from the same "bad batch".

Still working fine. Could it be related to my Z-wave network?

Still strange since I have a FOB, out of range from the controller, that have never failed me. 

On 22-8-2017 at 12:29 PM, Ole said:

I am about to throw my Fibaro Button in the bin. It may work once in 20-30 attempts, maybe. I just want to use it to turn lights on and off, but it almost never works, and I certainly can't switch them on and off again in the same evening.

Anyone @Fibaro with a solution to this or do I just throw it away? I am done trying to get it to work, it just annoys me to look at it.

I have six 'Buttons' and not one of them is working all the time. Therefore they are useless. Sorry, I don't want to push the stupid button 20 times to switch something on or out. And then i'm not talking yet about using it as a kind of panicbutton. You will be killed before one of your pushes is doing anything. 

Button and Swipe are just useless windowdressing and marketing from Fibaro.

Edited by wienog
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wienog said:

I have six 'Buttons' and not one of them is working all the time.

I feel your pain. What did [email protected] have to say? I assume you were not happy with their answer, because you post here?

5 hours ago, petergebruers said:

I feel your pain. What did [email protected] have to say? I assume you were not happy with their answer, because you post here?

To be honest, Peter, I didn't contact Fibaro. The six buttons are just gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. What can Fibaro do ? Ask to send them to them and then what ? I get six other ones that don't work either ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fibaro-supporter. Fibaro is what democracy is as a type of government: it is the 'least bad' of the bunch of Domotics-manufacturers. But the Apple-white packaging, the Apple-slick website, the Apple-smart marketing doesn't make them as performant and reliable as Apple is (or once was).

24 minutes ago, wienog said:

To be honest, Peter, I didn't contact Fibaro. The six buttons are just gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. What can Fibaro do ? Ask to send them to them and then what ? I get six other ones that don't work either ?

They are nice people... Warranty exchange? If I were you, I would try it anyway... I only have one "Button" and it is OK.

41 minutes ago, wienog said:

I would only recommend to talk to Fibaro and discuss with them problem with all 6 Buttons. They can go with you through some procedures and they can provide you RMA form.

Also i have experience, that everything that came repaired was in perfect condition. I have tested such devices and issues was gone.

I use five "The Button":

2 as pure panic buttons

1 as a scene controller for a single scene (grandma don't need to worry on counting clicks)

2 as scene controller and remote switch for several scenes and devices

In general they are all working and I really like the concept of simplicity - especially for my grandparents and my nephew (2 years).

But sometimes I have problems with several clicks (perhaps a wake up issue ?), for example I want to start the "2 click" action but the response is the "1 click" action.

To be honest, it's not more often than my TV remote controller gets mad and very less than Alexa and Siri misunderstand me :-) 

After sending back two buttons, I now have a working one. Apparently, there was a problem with buttons produced before middle of 2017.

I would contact Fibaro and give it a go!

• Thanks 1

Ok if experience is good with Fibaro warranty I might give it a try as well.

I have 3 buttons, one already exchanged by the shop I bought it. 2 are installed and only one works more or less reliable at least with a single click.

Thus the 3rd button is still in a drawer.

I am until now very disappointed by the device.

But if there's been a modification recently I will try to get them exchanged.

Thanks for this tread and good luck with these super buttons;-)

Guest vipernor

The change of battery worked for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm..but for how long I wonder. Unreliable at best.

Smack on the ballsack..

Maybe old news, but this fixed my button that stopped working recently:   

Edited by RobertL

4 hours ago, RobertL said:

Thank you for sharing. Yes, that's the part that caused trouble on mine as well, but after bending it slightly, performance still wasn't good and a second attempt of bending that contact... well it broke off. But not to worry, I removed the PCB and soldered some wires and use it in a different setting now...

8 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Thank you for sharing. Yes, that's the part that caused trouble on mine as well, but after bending it slightly, performance still wasn't good and a second attempt of bending that contact... well it broke off. But not to worry, I removed the PCB and soldered some wires and use it in a different setting now...

Expected this to be old news .. :-).

It is obvious that the button has a bad construction here. Anyone who knows if this is improved on later versions? I am a fan of the button, but boring if it has to be fixed constantly :-)

After several RMA and new buttons, change of batteries, and rewrite of programs (just to rule out any bad programming from my side) I ended up getting my money back. The Fibaro button is, apparently, a beta version of something that could be sooo nice.

@I.Srodka I also have 1 button, and most of the times it's doing nothing (i use homeseer, so i can see if the signal reaches homeseer)

I also have a aeontec quad remote, and that one is next to the button and never fail me once

On 8/22/2017 at 12:41 PM, I.Srodka said:

Hi @Ole,

I'm sorry to hear that. Our buttons do work fine. As @petergebruers said, no need to throw them out just yet :)

Of course, every device can broke and If you have problems with your devices you can send them to us and have them repaired (whether free of charge or not depends on warranty).

I have 2x buttons that have never worked reliably. 

They take great care to press them in a particular way to get them to work and even then it's not fully reliable.

My son struggles to ever get them working. I assumed they were just a bad design. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, RobertL said:

Worked for me on one of the buttons. Thanks!

I wonder how long before the metal clip breaks though...

21 minutes ago, amilanov said:

Worked for me on one of the buttons. Thanks!

I wonder how long before the metal clip breaks though...

In my case not very long... But not to worry, mine got a second life as a Frankenstein button. See picture. It proves the electronics and firmware  are OK, but the metal parts fail.

That is the tiniest pushbutton I could find in my pile of scraps, but it worked and I've been using it like that for more than a year. :D

IMG_20191124_205244.jpg.4a1c1b0b8ccd8d92953431291912d9fe.jpg

I have two buttons running for 6 months, never had any issue it always recognizes the push as it needs to do.