Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Humidity spike as Trigger

Julegeita

Question

Hello!

I am new to to Lua coding and coding generally, and i am struggeling to be satisfied with my bathroom fan control during shower.

Devices: Netatmo Indoor and outside module and Fibaro Relay

Per now, I control my bathroom fan, by monitoring the humidity in the room and set the fan to start at a given level like below.

This is made by normal scene blocks.

(If OUTSIDE humidity > 90 AND INDOOR humidity >= 60 = "Turn on")

(If OUTSIDE humidity > 90 AND INDOOR humidity < 60 = "Turn off")

(If OUTSIDE humidity < 90 AND INDOOR humidity >= 55 = "Turn on")

(If OUTSIDE humidity < 90 AND INDOOR humidity <55 = "Turn off")

The outside criteria "helps" on wet and rainy days, by not letting the fan start on its own due to rise in humidity.

Due to the fact that outside humidity plays a HUGE role on the inside humidity, my setup must be modified all the time because of seasonal changes.

What i would really want is a script that does the following using only the inside humidity and the relay:

The plugin for Netatmo pulls information every minute, but the Netatmo itself only uploads to the API site every 10 min. Så when i get a rise in humidity, i allways get atleast 5% at a time.

That means the Fibaro thinks it gets 5% rise in one minute (if i think at this correctly)

I want a sudden rise in humidity, regardless of the outside OR the inside humidity, to trigger the fan. (Example: from 25-->30, 45-->50, 52--57)  

The thing i think is tricky, is that you actualy must "save" the previus value and compare it to the new?!?

If i get the fan to trigg this way, i could easily set up another scene to stop the fan after an hour.

BUT, it would be much more awsome if the fan stayed on until the humidity value BEFORE the spike was reached.

Does anybody have a solution for this? :)

I know the guy at the top of this topic, providing the link, has made this in Domoticz - 

Please login or register to see this link.

Sorry for my horrible english writing!

Best regards

• Inquirer
  • After thinking even more about this subject. I can sew a problem with this solution too.

If the outside humidity rises fast, while the fan is working to reach the Hum_Stored value, i might end up with the fan never being able to reach the set value due to the humidity outside.

This can actually be solved if there is a simple way to make a MAX_Time/Timeout for the fan. Say 3 hours max run time.

When 3 hours is reached, the fan turns off  and the Hum_Stored get updated again.

I am sorry if I am going to behave like an old and boring schoolmaster. I have this in me and sometimes I cannot suppress it...

Relative humidity is called relative because it depends on (mainly) temperature.

It is the % of moisture in the air, relative to what the same amount of dry air can store at that temperature. You cannot get above 100% because a part of the water vapour turns into water droplets.

If the temperature of the air changes, the rel hum changes... hot air can store more water than cold air.

If it is cold outside, let us say 5 degrees C, your outdoor sensor might report 80 %

Suppose your bathroom is 25 degrees, and the indoor sensor also reports 80%.

You would think there is no point in getting air from outside, because they aro both 80%, right?

Well, if you take that cold air, and heat it up to 25 degrees, it suddenly has only about 25% relative humidity. So if you extract the hot moist air and replace it with cool air (and heat it to room temperature), humidity level will drop.

This principle explains why moist air causes dew on cold surfaces. If the air in contact with the cold surface reaches 100% the vapour turns into water. Suppose the air is almost saturated, and 25 degrees, but the mirror in your bathroom is only 20 degrees, then, ...

Think about what you are measuring, Think about what you try to achieve.

You can find online calculators to find out what happens. I randomly picked this one from google:

• Inquirer
  • I'we actually read about this topic before, but i  must say you told it in the best way for me to understand :)

Thanks for making the mechanics of humidity/temperature clearer!

Its also worth mentioning that i have a central house ventilation system. 

So the fan is actually never "off". Is goes 24/7 at about 30% speed, and when i want the fan to "activate", it actually just goes to 100% speed.

I will always have a flow of "cool" air from the window vent. and some airflow from a vent over the door. 

The whole bathroom control i want, is based on the Fibaro noticing that i take a shower as fast as possible, and getting the room back to its formal state after.

I don't see how the theory behind the humidity/temperature changes what i actually want, but i can see how it would have an impact on the time it would take. :)

Or am I missing out on your point here? :)

A while ago I started a similar topic Humidity Control (

)

@Tor Magnus posted a script there which I used as a basis for my new script. I have been playing around with it for the last 3 weeks

and monitored the values every day. Also checked, when taking a shower, if the mirrors didn't get foggy.

It compares the humidity in my bathroom with the average humidity of the 3 surrounding rooms.

In the bathroom is a AEON MS6 and in the 3 surrounding rooms there are AEON MS3's.

Because the MS6 gives a higher readout than the 3 MS3's I added a offset for the MS6. This can result in negative difference but that's

no problem, the fan just won't start.

My bathroom fan is controlled by a Dimmer 2 and can have 3 statuses, 0% (=off) 50% (slow, lower as 50% the fan doesn't start) and 100% (full throttle)

This script works very well!

TRicky

The script:

--[[
    %% properties
    899 value
    2093 value
    894 value
    2119 value
    %% events
    %% globals
    --]]

--[[
    RH Control Script based on a script by Tor Magnus, posted on 2-8-2017. Many thanks for that!
    Adjusted to my own needs and situation by TRicky in august 2017.
    This script measures the humidity in my bathroom and also the humidity in the 3 surrounding rooms.
    The bathroom humidity is compared with the average humidity of the 3 surrounding rooms.
    The bathroom fan is connected to a Fibaro Dimmer 2 and is set to 3 stages: 0%, 50% and 100%.
    In the bathroom there's a AEON MS6 and the 3 surrounding rooms have AEON MS3's.
    Because the MS6 and MS3's give different read out's I added an offset for the MS6.

Device ID's:
    2093 = Master Bathroom
    894  = Hal Achter
    899  = Hal Midden
    2119 = Walkin Closet
    2278 = Master Bathroom Fan

Room ID's:
    12 = Hal Midden
    13 = Hal Achter
    15 = Master Bathroom
    16 = Walkin Closet

--]]

-- Set defaults
    local deviceModifier = { ["894"] = 0, ["899"] = 0, ["2119"] = 0 };
    local avgHumidity = 0;
    local divHumidity = 0;
    local sumHumidity = 0;
    local countHumidity = 0;
    local TargetHumitity = 0;
    local Offset = -10;

local fanSpeed = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(2278, "value"));
    local newFanSpeed = fanSpeed;

-- Create round function missing in Lua
    local function round(val, decimal)
        if (decimal) then
            return math.floor( (val * 10^decimal) + 0.5) / (10^decimal)
        else
            return math.floor(val+0.5)
        end
    end

-- Locate all humidity sensors
    local data = {type="com.fibaro.humiditySensor"}
    local devices = fibaro:getDevicesId(data);

-- Calculate average humidity
    for idx, deviceID in ipairs(devices) do
        local roomID = fibaro:getRoomID(deviceID);
        if (roomID == 12 or roomID == 13 or roomID == 16) then
            local roomHumidity = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(deviceID, "value")) - deviceModifier[tostring(deviceID)];
            sumHumidity = sumHumidity + tonumber(fibaro:getValue(deviceID, "value"))
            countHumidity = countHumidity + 1
        end
    end
    avgHumidity = (sumHumidity)/countHumidity
    TargetHumitity = tonumber (fibaro:getValue(2093, "value"))
    divHumidity = (TargetHumitity + Offset) - avgHumidity

-- Determine fan speed depending on amount of difference. 
    -- There are two "slack" areas on each side of middle speed to ensure we do not constantly trigger
    -- speed changes on the extractor
    if (divHumidity < 4 and fanSpeed ~= 0 ) then
        newFanSpeed = 0
    elseif (divHumidity >= 4 and divHumidity < 8 and fanSpeed == 99) then
        newFanSpeed = 50
    elseif (divHumidity >= 8 and divHumidity < 12 and fanSpeed ~= 50) then
        newFanSpeed = 50
    elseif (divHumidity >= 12 and divHumidity < 16 and fanSpeed == 0) then
        newFanSpeed = 50
    elseif (divHumidity >= 16 and fanSpeed ~= 99) then
        newFanSpeed = 99
    end

-- Set the fan speed
    if (newFanSpeed ~= fanSpeed) then
        fibaro:call(2278, "setValue", newFanSpeed)
    end

fibaro:debug("Avg humidity: "..round(avgHumidity,2)..", Difference: "..round(divHumidity,2)..". Old fan speed: "..fanSpeed..", New fan speed: "..newFanSpeed)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julegeita said:

I'we actually read about this topic before, but i  must say you told it in the best way for me to understand :)

Thanks for making the mechanics of humidity/temperature clearer!

Its also worth mentioning that i have a central house ventilation system. 

So the fan is actually never "off". Is goes 24/7 at about 30% speed, and when i want the fan to "activate", it actually just goes to 100% speed.

I will always have a flow of "cool" air from the window vent. and some airflow from a vent over the door. 

The whole bathroom control i want, is based on the Fibaro noticing that i take a shower as fast as possible, and getting the room back to its formal state after.

I don't see how the theory behind the humidity/temperature changes what i actually want, but i can see how it would have an impact on the time it would take. :)

Or am I missing out on your point here? :)

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

I think, you are thinking "too hard".

I'd say the script does not have to be complex... I am not sure if and what the complexity improves on this simple concept... Here is what I use.

Increase the fan speed (or start the fan) if RH in the bathroom exceeds 75, 80 maybe 85%. Pick any value. Below that, the cold spots in your room will not get (too) damp so it is not a problem. Likelihood of condensation increases above that, so that is when you want to increase ventilation.

If RH exceeds that number, (say 80)  the colder parts might get damp, so you start the fan and start a (safety timer)

When humidity drops below your threshold minus 5 to 10 % (say 75 or 70) or the maximum run time of the fan was exceeded, stop the fan . You subtract that 5 or 10 % to avoid too fast on/off cycling of the fan).

That is all you need. No need to detect spikes, no need to reference another sensor. You could reference another sensor, one that measures moisture content at the entry of the ventilation system, but you would have to apply some math because of the temperature difference. For instance, when it says RH outdoor is 70 degrees and temperature is 35 degrees it makes no sense to get moist, hot air into your bathroom. It depends on where you live... If you get fresh air from other rooms, that room might be at roughly the same temperature so comparison of RH is possible.  But would this be u useful addition? Imagine the hall to the bathroom serves as a reference.  What can you learn? If RH(hall) >= your lower threshold (say 75 or 70) then inevitably the fresh air is as moist as the one in the bathroom. But I'd be surprised if RH in a hall would be that high.

I am sorry if I kind of insult the effort of other users to add cleverness to the concept. This is not my intention. I like cleverness, but it has to be based on the science of the subject. I think moisture, RH, wet bulb temperature, dew point are maybe not as intuitive as they might seem.

Let  me ask you a question: If you take the average of the RH of 3 rooms, what physical reality does that correspond to? What does that number actually mean?  Are all rooms at the same temperature or different temperature? Did someone boil a kettle in one of the rooms? What bearing has this on the question "my bathroom is moist, should I start ventilation?"

Let me try this analogy. To show you that adding, comparing, averaging numbers may introduce conceptual errors.

Let us take the average light level of two rooms in the house (artificial lighting):

Smallest Room in the house (a few m2): 100 Lux

Large Dining Room( many, many m2): 100 Lux

Mathematically, the average is 100 Lux.  What does that mean? What does it tell you? What is the power rating of the light?

Maybe try to add them: 200 Lux.

Does this mean, if I remove the light bulb from the smallest room and add it to the dining room, that room will measure 200 Lux?

If we want to know if a room is bright, we can test if Lux > 200.

If we want to know if a room is "moist", we can test if RH > 80

What do you think?

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • 9 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

I think, you or thinking "too hard".

I'd say the script does not have to be complex... I am not sure if and what the complexity improves on this simple concept... Here is what I use.

Increase the fan speed (or start the fan) if RH in the bathroom exceeds 75, 80 maybe 85%. Pick any value. Below that, the cold spots in your room will not get (too) damp so it is not a problem. Likelihood of condensation increases above that, so that is when you want to increase ventilation.

If RH exceeds that number, (say 80)  the colder parts might get damp, so you start the fan and start a (safety timer)

When humidity drops below your threshold minus 5 to 10 % (say 75 or 70) or the maximum run time of the fan was exceeded, stop the fan . You subtract that 5 or 10 % to avoid too fast on/off cycling of the fan).

That is all you need. No need to detect spikes, no need to reference another sensor. You could reference another sensor, one that measures moisture content at the entry of the ventilation system, but you would have to apply some math because of the temperature difference. For instance, when it says RH outdoor is 70 degrees and temperature is 35 degrees it makes no sense to get moist, hot air into your bathroom. It depends on where you live... If you get fresh air from other rooms, that room might be at roughly the same temperature so comparison of RH is possible.  But would this be u useful addition? Imagine the hall to the bathroom serves as a reference.  What can you learn? If RH(hall) >= your lower threshold (say 75 or 70) then inevitably the fresh air is as moist as the one in the bathroom. But I'd be surprised if RH in a hall would be that high.

I am sorry if I kind of insult the effort of other users to add cleverness to the concept. This is not my intention. I like cleverness, but it has to be based on the science of the subject. I think moisture, RH, wet bulb temperature, dew point are maybe not as intuitive as they might seem.

Let  me ask you a question: If you take the average of the RH of 3 rooms, what physical reality does that correspond to? What does that number actually mean?  Are all rooms at the same temperature or different temperature? Did someone boil a kettle in one of the rooms? What bearing has this on the question "my bathroom is moist, should I start ventilation?"

Let me try this analogy. To show you that adding, comparing, averaging numbers may introduce conceptual errors.

Let us take the average light level of two rooms in the house (artificial lighting):

Smallest Room in the house (a few m2): 100 Lux

Large Dining Room( many, many m2): 100 Lux

Mathematically, the average is 100.  What does that mean? What does it tell you? What is the power rating of the light?

Maybe try to add them: 200Lux.

Does this mean, if I remove the light bulb from the smallest room and add it to the dining room, that room will measure 200 Lux?

If we want to know if room is bright, we can test if Lux > 200.

If we want to know if a room is "moist", we can test if RH > 80

What do you think?

You are probably right in what you're saying here. 

My experience with the RH numbers and actual room feeling is a little different than yours maybe, but your science makes sense.

But that is not the whole point.

Very much of the point of this to me, (which is thought was pretty clear after the first post, but maybe not) is too learn something about this programming language.

As i stated I am very new to this kind of programming, but it sparks an interest.

The bigger meaning for me with all this, is that i thought of this function in my head, and i wanted too see if i was able to go thought with it, making it work for real.

I already have a working script (provided by RH_Dreambox), but i wanted to see if my own thinking would be a cool solution.

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

@petergebruers I guess you're pointing at me here :P No offence taken!

I know the concept of RH and Temperature. My comparison with 3 other rooms works because the 3 other rooms have the same temperature (and the connecting door are almost always open) but the bathroom is indeed warmer and therefore I added the offset.

This method works without interference of changes  of the outside humidity.

In my old situation  used an 'stand alone' humidity meter and the wanted max humidity could be set manually. This solution worked not as I wanted and therefore I started this project.

And now it's working perfect!

7 minutes ago, Julegeita said:

nVery much of the point of this to me, (which is thought was pretty clear after the first post, but maybe not) is too learn something about this programming language.

As i stated I am very new to this kind of programming, but it sparks an interest.

The bigger meaning for me with all this, is that i thought of this function in my head, and i wanted too see if i was able to go thought with it, making it work for real.

I already have a working script (provided by RH_Dreambox), but i wanted to see if my own thinking would be a cool solution.

Oh, I only commented on the concept of RH, nothing wrong with your ideas on how to code stuff...

If you would like to learn more on programming, I'm going to share a script. Though, it may be too soon to grasp everything in there. And the code is "for my use only" wich means I have not thought about explaining things

The script shows statistics, based on the event log.

Concepts in the script are:

- how to make a http connection to your HC (in a script)

- Use the HC2 api to retrieve data from the event log.

- how to process the JSON result from the API

- some boring math in the statistics routine.

To use it, just edit the three parameters at the top of the script.

You could use the last 10 entries from the event log, to detect a "spike".

Please login or register to see this code.

2 minutes ago, TRicky said:

@petergebruers I guess you're pointing at me here :P No offence taken!

I know the concept of RH and Temperature. My comparison with 3 other rooms works because the 3 other rooms have the same temperature (and the connecting door are almost always open) but the bathroom is indeed warmer and therefore I added the offset.

This method works without interference of changes  of the outside humidity.

In my old situation  used an 'stand alone' humidity meter and the wanted max humidity could be set manually. This solution worked not as I wanted and therefore I started this project.

And now it's working perfect!

I agree with every word you say... But would it not work, if you just used 80% as a threshold? BTW humidity sensors are rarely precision instruments. I have to admit I've not yet checked Aeon MS6 but the older easily deviate 5 to 10 percent-point when they are next to each other. 

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

But would it not work, if you just used 80% as a threshold? BTW humidity sensors are rarely precision instruments. I have to admit I've not yet checked Aeon MS6 but the older easily deviate 5 to 10 percent-point when they are next to each other

True, but with your suggestion I will end up with my old situation (that didn't work so good).  A fixed humidity level doesn't respond together with changes in the the outside humidity level.

If the outside humidity is (just an example) is 90% and the inside humidity in my bathroom (due to standard ventilation in each window) is the same, the fan would be running constantly.....

I can't influence the  complete humidity level of my complete house (well... it is possible but......). Therefore I chose for the method of comparison with other rooms in my house.

• Inquirer
  • This is what i'we got so far, concerning my variant of this.

- I have not yet a function for the "fan check", as if to it switching off, to trigger the update interval for Hum_Stored

I do not want this to run while the fan is on.

- I need a timeout function to the Fan_relay, "turnOn". Can this just be: fibaro:call(Fan_relay, "turnOn", 3600000) ??

I know this function is way more than needed, and probably faulty. But I want to make this work :)

Edited by Julegeita

@Julegeita I am sorry, I have a backlog of messages/questions/issues. But I have not forgotten about this topic.

@TRicky I said in my previous post "But would it not work, if you just used 80% as a threshold?" and you replied that doing so would result in your old situation (I think it was a hardware device with fixed humidity threshold) and it didn't work as you wanted. Yes, I understand what you are saying and it was not a good explanation I gave. I am sorry for the confusion, I should have used more words.

But I'll repair my mistake! I already started writing a script, containing beginners level stuff and some more advanced stuff, so I hope it can inspire you.

The idea is: what if I only have one humidity sensor? You would use a fixed threshold and add timing, because you do not have a any other reference... This idea was formulated before, it is an alternative to detecting a "spike".

One of the tricky parts is designing this script in a way that you can test it! I think I can do that. I am working on it now. If you cannot test the script, your only option is to use it instead of your existing script, take lots of showers and observe the behaviour. That is OK, but I bet you will not do that, if your existing script works... II noticed you use a "dimmer" to control a fan, and this triggered a novel idea! I can use another dimmer to simulate humidity! So, if you have 2 dimmers, connected to lights, you can simulate humidity and observe fan speed as light intensity. I also include a trick to speed up the script. It would be boring to watch the fan timeout after 20 minutes. But if I can speed up the script so it only takes 20 seconds, that is doable.

@TRicky I have a request... If you're interested in the script that I am developing, you can help me. Can you run the script I posted a few posts back, on your bathroom sensor? Then post the output in a text-file and post it here as an attachment (or via PM). It'll help me predict what the script would do, based on your actual data.

Hi @petergebruers,

I already ran the script you posted earlier. But I didn't see any 'spikes' in the debug, that's why I deleted it this morning.

BUT: I had the scene running manually  and I didn't start the scene while taking a shower. :/

The idea of a humidity control with only 1 humidity sensor is absolutely more sophisticated than the scene I'm running.

I'll re-install your script and sent you the debug data.

We keep in 'showering' touch :)

@petergebruers,

The first debug overview is:

[DEBUG] 23:54:21:

] 23:54:21

7 hours ago, TRicky said:

Value mean: 68.765, median: 69, standarddeviation: 1.7606177893001.

No spike(s) indeed... Good baseline data! Statistics never lie (it is the people that use them for bad purposes :-)) - So it was 69% average and if it was a bell curve, all values would fit in the range 63 - 75 %. It probably is not a bell curve, but this approximation is good enough.

Interval mean: 179.12060301508, median: 23, standarddeviation: 543.70622381643

This tells me the sensor reports in irregular intervals. This is to be expected. On average, it reports every 180 seconds. Please continue reading, that number is deceiving. If you sorted the reporting intervals by size and took the middle one, the interval is 23 seconds (median). So half of the reporting happens in intervals shorter than 23 seconds. This surprises me, it is rather short. If you have a look at the data, you will see it is true, the statistics do not lie.

Because reporting is not a bell curve in general, I try to fit it with a different curve, an exponential one. It is still the same data, but a different way of interpreting it.

Interval mean2: 40.291034949325, median2: 40.291034949325, standarddeviation2: 2.9348596238087.

This tells me the sensor indeed has many small intervals, less average sized intervals and a few intervals that are very long. The numbers are difficult to match to a physical reality, but in this case I would say your sensor is "noisy". It logs a lot of data in intervals shorter than 40 seconds. You can see (in the log) that it often reports humidity like this: 69, 70, 69, 70, 69, 69, 70 (in a few minutes).  Humidity doesn't change that fast. For comparison, my battery operated old round Aeon MultiSensor median reporting time is 480 seconds (it reports in almost fixed intervals, it is not very configurable).

Reporting interval is not necessarily a problem, but you might be surprised to learn this sensor reports most of the time in less than 20 - 40 seconds. I can deduce, this is a mains powered device or it is eating batteries.

Out of curiosity - what make and model is that sensor? I wonder if we could reduce that chatter. It fills your event log. If you trigger on change, the scene runs at the same pace...

Edit: the script uses historical data (event panel). So I think we get best results if you take a shower, than after your fan stops or 1 - 2 hours after the shower you run the script. You do not need to run it before that time.

Edited by petergebruers
    Explain when to run script.

@petergebruers, guess when the shower was taken ;D

I also added the output of my own script for comparison.

The sensor is a AEON Multi Sensor 6 and USB powered, like most of my sensors.

[DEBUG] 12:41:51: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 1.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:43:23 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:41:39: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 0.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:42:48 value    62
    [DEBUG] 12:41:28: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 2.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:42:37 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:40:53: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 3.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:41:50 value    62
    [DEBUG] 12:40:42: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 2.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:41:39 value    61
    [DEBUG] 12:40:18: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 3.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:41:27 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:39:55: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 2.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:40:53 value    64
    [DEBUG] 12:38:58: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 3.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:40:41 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:38:46: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 2.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:40:18 value    64
    [DEBUG] 12:38:12: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 3.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:39:55 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:38:00: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 2.33. Old fan speed: 0, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:38:57 value    64
    [DEBUG] 12:37:49: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 3.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 0   2017-08-31 12:38:46 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:36:51: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 4.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:38:11 value    64
    [DEBUG] 12:35:53: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 5.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:38:00 value    63
    [DEBUG] 12:35:42: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 6.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:37:48 value    64
    [DEBUG] 12:35:14: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 5.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:36:51 value    65
    [DEBUG] 12:34:14: Avg humidity: 50.67, highest difference: 6.33. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:35:53 value    66
    [DEBUG] 12:33:58: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 6. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:35:41 value    67
    [DEBUG] 12:33:33: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 7. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:35:13 value    66
    [DEBUG] 12:33:23: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 6.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:33:58 value    67
    [DEBUG] 12:32:26: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 7.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:33:23 value    68
    [DEBUG] 12:32:14: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 8.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:32:25 value    69
    [DEBUG] 12:32:02: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 7.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:32:14 value    70
    [DEBUG] 12:30:54: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 9.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:32:02 value    69
    [DEBUG] 12:30:30: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 10.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:30:53 value    71
    [DEBUG] 12:29:01: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 9.67. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:30:30 value    72
    [DEBUG] 12:28:35: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 10. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:28:35 value    71
    [DEBUG] 12:28:12: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 11. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:28:11 value    72
    [DEBUG] 12:28:00: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 12. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:28:00 value    73
    [DEBUG] 12:27:37: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 11. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:27:37 value    72
    [DEBUG] 12:27:26: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 12. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:27:25 value    73
    [DEBUG] 12:27:14: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 11. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:27:14 value    72
    [DEBUG] 12:26:39: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 12. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:26:39 value    73
    [DEBUG] 12:26:05: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 11. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:26:05 value    72
    [DEBUG] 12:25:07: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 12. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:25:07 value    73
    [DEBUG] 12:24:33: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 13. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:24:32 value    74
    [DEBUG] 12:24:01: Avg humidity: 51, highest difference: 12. Old fan speed: 50, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:23:35 value    73
    [DEBUG] 12:23:35: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 11.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 50   2017-08-31 12:23:23 value    74
    [DEBUG] 12:23:23: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 12.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:22:25 value    75
    [DEBUG] 12:22:26: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 13.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:22:02 value    76
    [DEBUG] 12:22:03: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 14.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:21:51 value    77
    [DEBUG] 12:21:51: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 15.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:21:39 value    78
    [DEBUG] 12:21:40: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 16.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:21:29 value    77
    [DEBUG] 12:21:29: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 15.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:21:05 value    78
    [DEBUG] 12:21:05: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 16.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:20:53 value    79
    [DEBUG] 12:20:54: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 17.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:20:42 value    78
    [DEBUG] 12:20:42: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 16.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:20:30 value    79
    [DEBUG] 12:20:30: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 17.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:20:19 value    80
    [DEBUG] 12:20:19: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 18.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:20:07 value    79
    [DEBUG] 12:20:07: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 17.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:19:44 value    80
    [DEBUG] 12:19:44: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 18.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:18:58 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:18:58: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:18:35 value    80
    [DEBUG] 12:18:35: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 18.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:17:14 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:17:15: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:16:39 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:16:40: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:16:28 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:16:28: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:15:53 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:15:53: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:15:42 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:15:42: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:15:30 value    80
    [DEBUG] 12:15:31: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 18.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:15:19 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:15:19: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:15:07 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:15:07: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:14:32 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:14:33: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:13:23 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:13:24: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:13:12 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:13:12: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:12:49 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:12:49: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:12:14 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:12:14: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:12:03 value    81
    [DEBUG] 12:12:03: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 19.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:11:51 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:11:51: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:11:16 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:11:17: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:10:53 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:10:54: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:10:42 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:10:42: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:10:30 value    87
    [DEBUG] 12:10:30: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:09:45 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:09:45: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:09:32 value    87
    [DEBUG] 12:09:33: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:08:46 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:08:47: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:08:35 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:08:35: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:08:01 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:08:01: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:07:49 value    87
    [DEBUG] 12:07:49: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:07:14 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:07:14: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:07:03 value    87
    [DEBUG] 12:07:03: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:06:51 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:06:51: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:06:28 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:06:28: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:06:16 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:06:17: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:06:05 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:06:05: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:05:53 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:05:54: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:05:42 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:05:43: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:05:19 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:05:19: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:05:07 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:05:07: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:04:56 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:04:56: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:04:33 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:04:33: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:03:46 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:03:47: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:03:23 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:03:24: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:03:12 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:03:12: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:03:00 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:03:01: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:02:37 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:02:38: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:02:26 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:02:26: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:02:14 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:02:14: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:01:51 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:01:51: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:01:40 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:01:40: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:01:28 value    82
    [DEBUG] 12:01:28: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 20.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:01:05 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:01:05: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:00:44 value    84
    [DEBUG] 12:00:44: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:00:30 value    83
    [DEBUG] 12:00:31: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:00:19 value    85
    [DEBUG] 12:00:19: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 12:00:07 value    86
    [DEBUG] 12:00:08: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:59:44 value    84
    [DEBUG] 11:59:45: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:59:33 value    83
    [DEBUG] 11:59:33: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 21.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:59:10 value    84
    [DEBUG] 11:59:10: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 22.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:58:58 value    85
    [DEBUG] 11:58:58: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 23.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:58:47 value    86
    [DEBUG] 11:58:47: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 24.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:58:00 value    87
    [DEBUG] 11:58:01: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:57:49 value    88
    [DEBUG] 11:57:49: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 26.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:57:37 value    89
    [DEBUG] 11:57:38: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 27.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:57:26 value    88
    [DEBUG] 11:57:26: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 26.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:57:15 value    87
    [DEBUG] 11:57:15: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 25.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:57:03 value    88
    [DEBUG] 11:57:03: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 26.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:56:51 value    89
    [DEBUG] 11:56:51: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 27.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:56:40 value    91
    [DEBUG] 11:56:40: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 29.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:56:17 value    92
    [DEBUG] 11:56:17: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 30.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99   2017-08-31 11:55:59 value    93
    [DEBUG] 11:55:59: Avg humidity: 51.33, highest difference: 31.67. Old fan speed: 99, new fan speed: 99
      2017-08-31 11:55:30 value    95
        2017-08-31 11:55:19 value    96
        2017-08-31 11:54:56 value    97
        2017-08-31 11:53:24 value    98
        2017-08-31 11:53:12 value    97
        2017-08-31 11:52:49 value    98
        2017-08-31 11:52:37 value    99
        2017-08-31 11:52:26 value    98
        2017-08-31 11:52:03 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:51:51 value    94
        2017-08-31 11:51:40 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:51:28 value    94
        2017-08-31 11:51:17 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:51:05 value    92
        2017-08-31 11:50:54 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:50:42 value    92
        2017-08-31 11:50:30 value    91
        2017-08-31 11:50:19 value    92
        2017-08-31 11:50:08 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:49:56 value    92
        2017-08-31 11:49:44 value    93
        2017-08-31 11:49:33 value    90
        2017-08-31 11:49:21 value    85
        2017-08-31 11:49:10 value    83
        2017-08-31 11:48:59 value    84
        2017-08-31 11:48:47 value    83
        2017-08-31 11:48:24 value    82
        2017-08-31 11:48:12 value    81
        2017-08-31 11:47:49 value    79
        2017-08-31 11:47:37 value    80
        2017-08-31 11:47:26 value    78
        2017-08-31 11:47:14 value    79
        2017-08-31 11:47:03 value    77
        2017-08-31 11:46:51 value    75
        2017-08-31 11:46:40 value    74
        2017-08-31 11:46:28 value    71
        2017-08-31 11:46:17 value    69
        2017-08-31 11:46:06 value    63
        2017-08-31 11:45:54 value    60
        2017-08-31 11:33:47 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:33:24 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:29:45 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:29:24 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:28:58 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:26:05 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:24:22 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:22:49 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:18:36 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:17:26 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:16:06 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:12:38 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:11:40 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:11:29 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:10:54 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:10:31 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:10:19 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:09:56 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:09:22 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:09:10 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:01:40 value    58
        2017-08-31 11:01:29 value    59
        2017-08-31 11:00:08 value    58
        2017-08-31 10:59:22 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:58:59 value    58
        2017-08-31 10:58:49 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:58:24 value    58
        2017-08-31 10:58:01 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:57:38 value    58
        2017-08-31 10:57:15 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:56:17 value    58
        2017-08-31 10:44:34 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:44:22 value    60
        2017-08-31 10:43:36 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:43:25 value    60
        2017-08-31 10:43:13 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:43:01 value    60
        2017-08-31 10:42:04 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:41:41 value    60
        2017-08-31 10:40:55 value    59
        2017-08-31 10:39:22 value    60
        2017-08-31 10:39:12 value    61
        Interval mean: 37.442211055276, median: 12, standarddeviation: 81.704243120262, samples: 199
        Interval mean2: 21.521562605468, median2: 21.521562605468, standarddeviation2: 1.2366606660407.
        Value mean: 75.945, median: 79, standarddeviation: 12.220555429276.

You probably think I forgot about this script... I did not forget, in fact it was ready last week. But I also wanted to test the script in my bathroom, but then I noticed a problem with my fan... Here is a photo. Can you spot the problem?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You cannot find the issue? Well... the fan is sitting on my *floor*, it is not mounted in the bathroom :-D

More than a year ago, I repurposed the electrical wiring and I removed the fan. I want to fix that this weekend, but I need an extra wire, there is probably not enough room in the pattress box and yaddi yaddi yaddi ... But I'll try to fix it anyway!

Well, at least you're save when your bathroom gets flooded...... ;D

My first reaction was: Who has tiles on his ceiling? :roll:

As expected, the existing wiring was not cooperating. But it is OK now, I've used a very convincing argument. See photo. The scene is in test and I already see two possible improvements. One has to do with non-linearity of the fan control and the other is that I need a second scene, that can dump fan and sensor events in one go. To diagnose the effectiveness of the solution...

Edited by petergebruers

17 hours ago, petergebruers said:

As expected, the existing wiring was not cooperating. But it is OK now, I've used a very convincing argument. See photo. The scene is in test and I already see two possible improvements. One has to do with non-linearity of the fan control and the other is that I need a second scene, that can dump fan and sensor events in one go. To diagnose the effectiveness of the solution...

Im watching with anticipation