Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Push notices from Fibaro smoke sensor

Bernd1982

Question

Hello,

Some time ago I bought a home center 2.  Recently I bought a couple of smoke sensors to start off with.
I installed the devices with default parameters and let them be.  Now I have the time to understand the system more, and enjoying the possibilities of the fibaro.

First I want notifications on my smartphone when smoke alarm is triggered, temperature is high, or device gets tampered.

Not to do everything at once, I started with the tamper notification.

I changed the parameter of the smoke detector . See parameter 2&3. I already had a lot of problems with setting these parameters. Every time I saved them, and opened the advanced tab again, old settings were restored. Only after numberous times it worked. Does anyone have an idea why?

I downloaded the fibaro app on my smartphone and started to make a tamper-notification.
Then I made a Scene, and tested it with the play button. The first 2 times I got a notification on my phone. All trials after that, i didnt receive no notification anymore.

Also when I tamper the smoke detector I do not get a notification, No use in making more scenes, if this one already doesnt work.

Who can help me please?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Hello @Bernd1982,

12 hours ago, Bernd1982 said:

I changed the parameter of the smoke detector . See parameter 2&3. I already had a lot of problems with setting these parameters. Every time I saved them, and opened the advanced tab again, old settings were restored. Only after numberous times it worked. Does anyone have an idea why?

After you save changes in HC settings, you need to wake up the device (as all battery-powered Z-Wave devices). 

12 hours ago, Bernd1982 said:

downloaded the fibaro app on my smartphone and started to make a tamper-notification.
Then I made a Scene, and tested it with the play button. The first 2 times I got a notification on my phone. All trials after that, i didnt receive no notification anymore.

As far as push notifications are considered, I can advise you a few things:

0) Wake up the device after you set the said parameters.

1) Remove this sign "|" from notification title.

2) Remove those 5 second delays from your scene.

3) Test the behavior of notifications by choosing only one method of notifications at the time. Currently, you have push notifications set in Advanced settings of a device, and another notification from block scene.

Hi @Bernd1982 and welcome to Fibaro forum,

since you have HC2 you can use LUA scenes which I recommend. You can download scene code from here and find instructions how to set it up:

Above scene can be used for FIRE or FLOOD alarms.