Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NOP sending succeeded/ removal message????

jimicr

I was looking in the gui this morning and out of nowhere this message popped up in the small debug window on top:

Please login or register to see this code.

430 is the master device of a fibaro wallplug (1st gen) I didn't try to remove it or anything.

By the looks of things it still functions.

I am on firmware v4.135b

Jim

• Topic Author
  • 18 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @jimicr

I believe a NOP is like a keep alive command/request so that may make sense...

Thanks @AutoFrank. I was on my way out and shutting down my laptop when the message popped up. Never seen it before. 

NOP is good. In this case, it is the equivalent of a "ping" on a PC. It is used to see if the device is alive. BUT... "The device has not been removed. Please use Learning Mode to remove it." is not good! If you did not click on "delete" (the X mark, or put HC2 in delete mode) it would mean the HC2 decided to try to the delete the device without user intervention. In your case, it was a mains powered device, it respondent to the NOP ("ping") because it was alive and so the HC did not delete it. It could have been worse. The NOP test wasn't always there, it was introduced several firmware releases ago. This issue is rare, but not unheard of. I have seen a few post of users that lost many devices and sometimes even all devices. Make sure you have a recent backup, because the fix is easy... Just restore you last know good backup, this will put back the deleted device(s).

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

NOP is good. In this case, it is the equivalent of a "ping" on a PC. It is used to see if the device is alive. BUT... "The device has not been removed. Please use Learning Mode to remove it." is not good! If you did not click on "delete" (the X mark, or put HC2 in delete mode) it would mean the HC2 decided to try to the delete the device without user intervention. In your case, it was a mains powered device, it respondent to the NOP ("ping") because it was alive and so the HC did not delete it. It could have been worse. The NOP test wasn't always there, it was introduced several firmware releases ago. This issue is rare, but not unheard of. I have seen a few post of users that lost many devices and sometimes even all devices. Make sure you have a recent backup, because the fix is easy... Just restore you last know good backup, this will put back the deleted device(s).

Thanks @petergebruers

The device was not deleted, but will keep my eye on it.

1 minute ago, jimicr said:

Thanks @petergebruers

The device was not deleted, but will keep my eye on it.

It may be a random thing. Next time, it may happen to be a battery operated device. It will be asleep, it will not respond to the NOP and it will get deleted... Time to make a backup ;-)

• Topic Author
  • I make weekly backups and after every change to system :)

If something strange happens I'll contact support to have a look inside.

• 2 years later...
  • Topic Author
  • Goodmorning @Stiven,

I just let it be and gave me no problems.

If it happens to a mysterious device (I think you mean you can't find it if you enter the number), it could be a "ghost" of a device you once deleted. OR a device that got deleted by the HC by itself.

Check if you are missing a device somewhere, if it is a ghost contact support so they can delete it for you.

Hope this helps.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I've had this with a universal sensor. On another tread it suggested the NOP is like a ping, IE are you there? As the device was still powered it would not force remove as it was still replying to the NOP.

I removed the power, then force remove worked for me.