Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Netatmo as weather provider

iainw

Question

Hi, can anyone tell me whether it's possible to use the Netatmo plugin to supply the default weather info to the HC2?  I currently use the Yahoo plugin and don't seem to be able to select the Netatmo plugin for this.  I can use Netatmo ok in scenes, just not the main weather info.

Thank you,

Hi @iainw,

please check this solution:

Next version will also support wunderground.com and weather forecast. This solution can work with or without Netatmo weather station. Netatmo weather scene supports new Netatmo API and can retrieve data from more than one Netatmo weather station with full set including rain and wind sensor and three additional indoor sensors.

What I'm working on you can find out here:

Edited by Sankotronic

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Please login or register to see this link.

, do i have to create more global variables in the HC2 to work with this code?  I have the VD installed but no data comes out??

thank you

15 hours ago, iainw said:

Hi

Please login or register to see this link.

, do i have to create more global variables in the HC2 to work with this code?  I have the VD installed but no data comes out??

thank you

Hi @iainw,

First you need to install Weather State VD and it will generate automatically all global variables necessary except global variable Darkness which is added by Sunrise & Sunset VD. If you don't use my Sunrise & Sunset VD with Main scene FTBE then you can add global variable Darkness to global variable panel upper part. Darkness has value 0 during day time and 1 during night time. Value is normally changed with Main scene at sunrise and sunset times.

Also, you should not use SAVE button in global variable panel since if you do it will destroy global variable WeatherState. If you did use Save button then delete WeatherState global variable and then open Weather State VD for editing and press Save button so that it recreate global WeatherState.

• Inquirer
  • The Netatmo modules are now working great!  I have not however been able to get the Weather State VD to provide the weather to the HC2.  The icons i have also changed in the GUI do not show on iOS? ??

Any ideas?

Thank you again - very impressed with this VD!

@Sankotronic i had not put in the correct api key so it all works fine! I do still have the issue with the icons not showing up in iOS...it is just the ugly VD generic box.  Some of the icons are ok in the HC2.

11 hours ago, iainw said:

The Netatmo modules are now working great!  I have not however been able to get the Weather State VD to provide the weather to the HC2.  The icons i have also changed in the GUI do not show on iOS? ??

Hi @iainw,

Check that you set stationNo = 1. Also VD will be able to update weather on web GUI and mobile apps only if  YR weather plugin is selected as default weather provider.

11 hours ago, iainw said:

I do still have the issue with the icons not showing up in iOS...it is just the ugly VD generic box.  Some of the icons are ok in the HC2

Unfortunately current version of Weather state VD needs users effort to setup icons. How to do it is explained in my first post but there are some more explanation in other posts in this thread:

so please read them and you will find way to setup icons.

For next version that I'm currently testing setting up icons will be much easier using VD Icon Preview VD.

• Inquirer
  • @Sankotronic thanks, I have the icons all showing in the web gui although they do not pull through to display in ios??  Is that correct? 

Also the icons are updating in the weather state VD but are not used in the HC2 weather at the top rhs??

7 minutes ago, iainw said:

@Sankotronic thanks, I have the icons all showing in the web gui although they do not pull through to display in ios??  Is that correct? 

Also the icons are updating in the weather state VD but are not used in the HC2 weather at the top rhs??

Hi @iainw,

If you don't see icons on mobile app then first try to go in app to settings and refresh network data or just restart app. If that doesn't help then you have some problems with icons. Deleting app from mobile device and reinstalling can help in that case.

You also can't see weather icons on web GUI? Can you make some screenshots so I can see then what is there?

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sankotronic, here is a screenshot.  The icons in the VD are not refelcted in the top right of the GUI.  I will try deleting the app to see if that works.

thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

14 minutes ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, here is a screenshot.  The icons in the VD are not refelcted in the top right of the GUI.  I will try deleting the app to see if that works.

thanks

Hi @iainw,

well this above is actually correct. Icons are different but they are showing same weather condition which is correct. If you want to have same icons on VD and web GUI then you can download original icons here and set them up on VD:

• Inquirer
  • @Sankotronic - deleting the app did the trick for iOS - thanks!  I now seem to have the wrong information being pulled from the Netatmo VDs - the information is now not changing at any point??

I feel really stupid here! :?

it looks like the scene has crashed?....everything else looks OK.  And the updates have not been correct since earlier today.

8 minutes ago, iainw said:

@Sankotronic - deleting the app did the trick for iOS - thanks!  I now seem to have the wrong information being pulled from the Netatmo VDs - the information is now not changing at any point??

I feel really stupid here! :?

Hi @iainw,

there is really no need for you to feel that way.

First check if Netatmo scene is still running. You can see that on web GUI interface because on scene block you will see blue notification like "Running instances: 1". If scene is running then check if you setup Netatmo weather station scene correctly by providing ID numbers of each Netatmo module VD that you imported.

You can also make screenshot of the scene debug window and post it here so I can see what scene is doing.

Or you can go one more time through my first post and check again that you did all settings properly.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sankotronic, here are a couple of screenshots.  The scene does not appear to be running now but the settings were working earlier today - i think it is just the scene not running??  You can see that the netatmo plugin has the correct temperature but the new VD does not.

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

5 minutes ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, here are a couple of screenshots.  The scene does not appear to be running now but the settings were working earlier today - i think it is just the scene not running??  You can see that the netatmo plugin has the correct temperature but the new VD does not.

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

Hi @iainw,

As I can see from screenshot provided your scene stopped working with error caused by empty data received from Netatmo server. To restart scene you need to add an empty line at the end of the code or space in one of the comment lines (they begin with --) and then press Save button. It will then start running again.

Other solution is to change selfRun to false and then call it from another scene like my Main scene for time based events or any such scheduler scene. Do you use any such scene?

I use Main scene for time based events to start Netatmo scene every 2 minutes with this settings:

Please login or register to see this code.

I'm at the work at the moment but I'm going home in few days and then will do some more tests and try to trap those errors so that scene don't stop running.

I knew there was a way to use Netatmo as the HC2 weather provider out of the box, but could I find it the other day?  However, I've now stumbled upon it again :-).  I'm sure it's not as comprehensive as @Sankotronic's VD, but for anyone who is interested:

1. Go to Plugins
    2. Find the Weather Provider plugin in the Available tab
    3. Install the Plugin
    4. Add a device from the Plugin page by pressing the Add button
    5. On the device configuration, select the Netatmo outdoor sensors for temperature, humidity and wind speed (if you have that module)
    6. On the Configuration General page, select the weather provider device

• Like 1

Hello all!

I updated Netatmo Weather scene and hopefully corrected code that will not stop running if error occurs. You can download new version 2.0.1 here:

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sankotronic, this scene has not been running for a while and i am now trying to fix it with the v2.01.  None of the data is being updated in any of the VDs.  Is this debug info any good?

Thank you for any help.

1 minute ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, this scene has not been running for a while and i am now trying to fix it with the v2.01.  None of the data is being updated in any of the VDs.  Is this debug info any good?

Thank you for any help.

Hi @iainw,

It seems that global variable WeatherState is damaged (empty). This usually happens if Save button is used in variable panel. Just delete this variable in global variable panel and then open WeatherState VD for editing and then press Save Button to restart Main loop which will then recreate global variable.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @Sankotronic, The VDs for Netatmo now look for data...but pick up nothing.  The Netatmo scene looks to be running OK now but not picking data from WeatherState VD??