Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Support for AEOTEC HEM GEN5 ZWave+

melomaan

Question

Hi all,

does anyone of moderators have a clue when can we expect support for Aeotec Hem Gen5, as  I understand "some" people have one and with several betas it has not got support...

I have been asking several times from our distributor in country, but no deadlines are presented :P .

Since it is one of a kind of equipment and in several cases of home automation does not have an alternative, can Fibaro please be so kind and in include the support for it in next release. :)

Hi @T.Konopka,

Thanks for a response.

Please, tell me how we should get update to our customers? They do not have Aeon Labs USB stick and neither do I. I can do that with a CIT remotely (locally for products that we have in stock) by sending it from one customer to another, but it would take a month or 2 months to update them all.

I can contact Aeon Labs for the update and if i send it over to you or anyone from Fibaro (support, engineers), can Fibaro engineer make OTA update from it?

Resolved :). All three terminals measure the consumption in "W" and also the total consumption separately. Specifically, Volts and Amperes are not measured in this calculation.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Riki
  • Like 1

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

@T.Konopka, This device appears in the BUI as unconfigured one after inclusion. it is needed to set param 2 to make it operational. I have already sent this few months ago. Ticket number is #101628. There is missing or none template for this device. Also it is new device for EU Market. And Parameter 2 is needed to get it work to meassure power consumption.

Engeneering sheet for it:

@jakub.jezek, thank you for explaining how to use the device with our system.

Template will be added, but it will take some time. As you know adding templates is time-consuming.

Just now, T.Konopka said:

Template will be added, but it will take some time. As you know adding templates is time-consuming.

Yes, i know that. But this device replaced old HEM in our Market. It is possible to assign that devices higher priority? We sell only those devices now and our distributors do not have the old ones in stock.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

adding parameter 2 (value 0, report everything) does not help, no parameter can be set by value. Consumption measurment is done/reported by default if there is (symmetrical?) consumption on all 3 phases, single phase consumption is not measured.

Voltage and amps data is recived on inclusion or reconfiguration not after that, even if polling time is set 5 sec. Just getting overall Wattage is not enough, We need Voltage on separate phases and amps too....

Am I missing something? Seems like somekind protocol problem, as communication is stated ok.

[12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 101, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 102, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 103, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 111, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 112, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 113, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 3, value = 0
    [12:29:50] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 101. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:01] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 102. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:12] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 103. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:22] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 111. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:33] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 112. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:44] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 113. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:55] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 3. The device might not have this parameter.

Just now, melomaan said:

Hi,

adding parameter 2 (value 0, report everything) does not help, no parameter can be set by value. Consumption measurment is done/reported by default if there is (symmetrical?) consumption on all 3 phases, single phase consumption is not measured.

Voltage and amps data is recived on inclusion or reconfiguration not after that, even if polling time is set 5 sec. Just getting overall Wattage is not enough, We need Voltage on separate phases and amps too....

Am I missing something? Seems like somekind protocol problem, as communication is stated ok.

[12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 101, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 102, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 103, value = 4144896
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 111, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 112, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 113, value = 5
    [12:29:36] ID 560: Set parameter 3, value = 0
    [12:29:50] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 101. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:01] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 102. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:12] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 103. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:22] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 111. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:33] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 112. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:44] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 113. The device might not have this parameter.
    [12:30:55] ID 560: No report was received for parameter 3. The device might not have this parameter.

This is exactly what i have reported few month ago, but only with Param 2.

• Inquirer
  • 36 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hi,

there is no need for template if we can get it working by adding/changing parameters, however there seems somekind protocol problem..

@melomaan,

That is true.

@T.Konopka, in the past there was problem with Heatit version 1.2 (exactly the same) and it had a template when error appeared. Maybe using simmilar sollution if not the same for that device?

Any news on this topic? I don't really care about the template, the problem is that Fibaro seems to have problems communicating with this device which results in the parameter setting process being broken. Without being able to set appropriate parameters this device cannot be used as intended. 

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, Suoixon said:

Any news on this topic? I don't really care about the template, the problem is that Fibaro seems to have problems communicating with this device which results in the parameter setting process being broken. Without being able to set appropriate parameters this device cannot be used as intended. 

No change with version 4.140.. all remains the same...

I have now found the solution to this problem. The HEM device needs to be updated with a new firmware version to work with the HC2 controller. After upgrading my unit to firmware 1.03 it works fine and parameters can be set.

Firmware it attached but is only valid for 3-clamp, 60A EU version. If you have another version you need a separate file from Aeotec.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

thats great news. Can you point me to a tutorial or describe how to update hem with HC2 the update button (on kWh element) does say up to date. I have never  done it...

Did you do it directly on HC2 or with other controller?

Edited by melomaan

20 hours ago, Suoixon said:

I have now found the solution to this problem. The HEM device needs to be updated with a new firmware version to work with the HC2 controller. After upgrading my unit to firmware 1.03 it works fine and parameters can be set.

Firmware it attached but is only valid for 3-clamp, 60A EU version. If you have another version you need a separate file from Aeotec.

Great news. However my customers do not have access to tool how to update it.

@T.Konopka, can somebody from Fibaro reach Aeon Labs (Aeotec) so you can add that file for OTA update from HC unit?

@Suoixon Thank you so much, you're BRILLIANT :idea:!!!

I've spent HOURS since June, trying to get help from FIBARO and AEOTEC support ...

Works perfectly for me after update...

:)

Cheers,

Pierre.

• Inquirer
  • On 27.9.2017 at 8:44 PM, Brunanchon said:

@Suoixon Thank you so much, you're BRILLIANT :idea:!!!

I've spent HOURS since June, trying to get help from FIBARO and AEOTEC support ...

Works perfectly for me after update...

:)

Cheers,

Pierre.

Hi,

Can Fibaro do something about OTA update for this device? Or do we have to purchase another controller for doing the update...

If any estimated timeline is in Fibaro mind, it could be nice to know...

Hello,

@jakub.jezek and @melomaan, we are responsible for updates of our system and firmware of our modules.

If a third party manufacturer releases an update then it's the responsibility of the manufacturer to make the update available for users. We were not contacted by Aeotec (Aeon Labs) in regards of the update so we do not have any update to release for this particular device.

@T.Konopka, sorry my bad. I sometimes overreacting and behaving as End-Users (yes, they will behave like me in previous post, when i contact them about this).

Now i have to think, how to distribute update to my customers, that has new HEM, since old one (that actually worked) is no longer manufactured.

Or maybe there could be simillar approach like in Heatit v1.2. It reported same error and it was fixed by Fibaro, not Thermo Floor. @T.Konopka, how it was fixed in Heatit case? In Heatit case, it appeared after Heatit template release.

With heatit i received same error, like now with HEM.

ID XYZ: No report was received for parameter A. The device might not have this parameter.

XYZ is device ID

A is parameter number

Edited by jakub.jezek
    My memory kicked in.