Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Support for AEOTEC HEM GEN5 ZWave+

melomaan

Question

Hi all,

does anyone of moderators have a clue when can we expect support for Aeotec Hem Gen5, as  I understand "some" people have one and with several betas it has not got support...

I have been asking several times from our distributor in country, but no deadlines are presented :P .

Since it is one of a kind of equipment and in several cases of home automation does not have an alternative, can Fibaro please be so kind and in include the support for it in next release. :)

9 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @Henrik J,

I was able to fawlessly set Aeotec HEM 3P4W version 1.2 without any issue. Did you use Aeotec calculator to calculate parameter values?

Sollution from Aeotec (with Excel file calculator):

Please login or register to see this link.

No, I read the manual that came with the Aeotec HEM 3P4W , the same result in both. What parameters do you use?

Best regards

Henrik

On 27. 10. 2017 at 7:17 PM, Henrik J said:

No, I read the manual that came with the Aeotec HEM 3P4W , the same result in both. What parameters do you use?

Best regards

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I used those parameters to test, because Aeotec support asked for them to try:

• parameter 101 [4 byte] = 4144911
  • parameter 111 [4 byte] = 240

Regards,

Jakub

Hello guys,

So some update here. I ask Aeon to start some talking with Fibaro about possibility of OTA update. They did not knew about HC2/HCL can do OTA updates, so i explained them, that it is possible. I do not know if i can do something else fom my side.

@T.Konopka, I asked them as a "dealer" (not installer), that i would like to have easier life (OTA updates through Fibaro). So that was some push on them from my site. Hopefully, there will be some positive development of events :D.

On 2017-10-30 at 9:30 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi Henrik,

I used those parameters to test, because Aeotec support asked for them to try:

• parameter 101 [4 byte] = 4144911
  • parameter 111 [4 byte] = 240

Regards,

Jakub

I updated the parameters to the same as you have, and now all phases have stoped updating the kW. Onley the totl kW works.

Henrik

Hi guys

No idea how to solve this "problem"? It looks as working, but strange and totally unclear for me when & how :(. See attached bitmaps.

Also still "Not configured" - does it matter?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

21 minutes ago, OlegV said:

Hi guys

No idea how to solve this "problem"? It looks as working, but strange and totally unclear for me when & how :(. See attached bitmaps.

Also still "Not configured" - does it matter?

I do not knowit it matters, the only thing I know is it don't work. The kWh in the phase don't add up to the total kWh. The phase kWh and Watt onley update sporadically. In the end it is a totaly usles piece of *abuse*. Now I only can wait for a software update.

• Inquirer
  • Hi all,

Thank you jakub.jezek, I managed to update FW to 1.3 and HEM5 resurrected partially. voltage is displayed and updated on all 3 phases, 3 phase simultaneous wattage is displayed and updated.

However Amps and Wattage is not displayed correctly if consumption is only on one/two phase.

Device is accepting parameters. I did set it to update on all measurments param 101 set to 4144911, update interval 111 set to 5 sec and polling to 5 sec.

Do you have better parameters set or some guidlines...?

@melomaan,

what version of HEM you set at 1.3?

Is it 3 Phase one?

My HC2 is reporting version 1.2 and I not configured.

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • On 19.12.2017 at 2:46 PM, chapa said:

@melomaan,

what version of HEM you set at 1.3?

Is it 3 Phase one?

My HC2 is reporting version 1.2 and I not configured.

Thanks

Hi, 3 phase, 60A should it be

Upgraded HEM Gen5 to 1.04 (1.4), now it looks much better. Not tested yet thoroughly, but at least configured etc.

Hi @OlegV, I have tested version 1.2, which performed successfully. Now my customers running v1.3. I did not tested v1.4 yet.

Can you send me link to download patch, please? I will be probably doing some upgrade of all HEMs in our stock :D.

From their support:

These are the firmware updates for V1.04 which is the latest version. (V1.03 removes parameter 2, while parameter 2 was re-added on V1.04).

So, probably doesn't matter.

Attached 3 archives, hopefully no objection from Aeon :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenUser said:

How did you upgrade, use only the HC2 or do you need any other AEON equipment?

It's impossible to upgrade via HC2, at least now. Using this instructions & Z-Wave.Me Smart Home Stick+Windows.

Please login or register to see this link.

On 2018-01-17 at 11:37 AM, GreenUser said:

Hello @OlegV,

How did you upgrade, use only the HC2 or do you need any other AEON equipment?

Thank you,

I have update my GEM5 to version in my HCL. I used the Aeon Z-stick. Now it locks like better, the configuration problem is solved and it locks like the kwh update from the GEM5 works. But there is some strange things. The daily total kwh is okey but the weekly total kwh is aproximitly 25% to high.

Henrik

I’m aldo interested if there are any new news about this matter. I just had a HEM gen5 installated by an electrician but it will not configure in the HC2.

Any updates on AEONTEC HEM v1.2 and Fibaro HC2? I have got both and HC2 mentioned, that HEM is not configured but I get some data which are a strange and do not sum up properly although I'm using the Aeotec calculations for params 101/111, 102/112 and 103/113.