Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall Plug turning off

TomekM1

Question

Hello

I noticed that Wall plug turning off after few seconds. It doesn't matter if I use button or network. It works 2 days. Removing and adding doesn't help. Is it broken?

Tomek

15 answers to this question

Hi @TomekM1,

Is it possible that you have some scene (magic, block, LUA) which turns it off in certain scenario?

Are you sure that any other family member does not turn it off?

Maybe do you have a global switch somewhere.

Finally, there can be a power outage, and depending on your model:

Z-Wave 5

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Z-Wave 3

Please login or register to see this attachment.

it may be a parameter responsible for this behavior.

• Inquirer
  • I will check mentioned above clues.

It is new system on HCL without any Scenes, Lua etc..

I noticed that on my oven cook clock is nearly 1,5 hour delay so probably was Power Failure.

Please login or register to see this link.

do you suppose that it is because overload? There is plugged only small led bulb. But anyway I will check that.

Thanks

Tomek

• Inquirer
  • It looks that it is broken. I removed Wall Plug, restarted it and still the same reaction.

Please see the movie:

Any clues what is wrong? Rubbish or not? Is this possible to fix?

It looks like that:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_09/image.png.d0a5c01823057ebb5fcf8fa35e2c5f5d.png" />

Blinking Pink, notice power usage. 5 mins after restarting. Maybe this is issue.

BTW Could you advise if i need to create mesh of sensor manually or this is automatical process? I mean to use powered devices as signal transmiter

Thanks 

Tomek

Edited by TomekM1

If the white led pulses when you click the button, you may have accidentally turned off the LED signalling. To fix this: press and hold the button, until the led ring blinks white. Release it while it is blinking. Then try if it works as expected (LED on steady). If you repeat this procedure, the LED will again just pulse.

This has nothing to do with the other problems you mentioned.

• Inquirer
  • I turned off the Led ring. For me it looks like Christmas tree.

On movie you could see that after a few seconds it is turning off.

It is also loosing connection with HCL. Icon of Plug  blinking in pink.

What could be the reason of so high power consumption on the icon? It is just after resetting  the Plug.

Tomek

I totally understand when you say "christmas tree". ;)

I think it is broken... Maybe the internal power supply is damaged. Is it under warranty?

Edit: maybe it is the current shunt that was overloaded... Impossible to tell without opening the device. Which I do not recommend.

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • I bought it on internet auction. Gut told me it is brand new, but I don't have any bill. Losing the plug I lost connection to other sensors. Plug works as a transmiter for other devices. Signal from HCL is so week. HCL behind one wall and 5 meters away cannot reach Door Sensor. I suppose that longer antenna could help, or another powered Switch, or something.

Tomek

1 minute ago, TomekM1 said:

I bought it on internet auction. Gut told me it is brand new, but I don't have any bill. Losing the plug I lost connection to other sensors. Plug works as a transmiter for other devices. Signal from HCL is so week. HCL behind one wall and 5 meters away cannot reach Door Sensor. I suppose that longer antenna could help, or another powered Switch, or something.

Tomek

That is unfortunate. Maybe, until anybody gets another idea, the plug will work as a repeater only? If you do not turn it on, the internal relay does not draw current and the Z-Wave part might be functional. On the other hand, if the power supply is turning the Z-Wave chip on and off in a repeating pattern, it would cause more harm than good.

What I would do, without casting you money but only some effort...

- Exclude the plug. On the web interface, under configuration,  Z-Wave network do "Mesh network reconfiguration" on the whole network. Either wait 24 hours, or manually wake up all battery operated devices. See how stable your network performs.

- Include the plug, do not attach a load. Repeat the above procedure.

Also send a mail to [email protected] and ask if you might get a repair under warranty....

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Update to my previous post.

Wall Plug was Broken.

Please login or register to see this link.

- thx for help

Tomek

I'm having a similar problem. It works for 1 day or so. Then loses connection, have to remove and add the device each time. Fibaro, please help.

• Inquirer
  • I remember that somewhere is additional button for "more"hard reset. Tomorrow I will find how to do that. Maybe this will help you

Tomek

Ps

Hmm. I removed that email with explanation how to reset wall plug. I remember that it is for needle.

Good luck

Tomek

Edited by TomekM1
    • Like 1