Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yale Conexis L1 - Inclusion Error

morpheus75

Question

hello

i have 2 yale conexis L1 locks and the z-wave module to go with it.  Back in June the modules included into my system with no issues whatsoever and i can now use fibaro to lock and unlock the doors and in scenes etc.

However my sister decided to get this lock aswell and we tried to include the module but it is not including at all!!!

the firmware version was 4.134 beta and i updated to 4.136 beta and still i get the same response, no inclusion at all.

the timer on the fibaro just times out...

i have tried to include using the 'LOCK' include and also tried to include in the usual 'ADD DEVICES' method and checking the box to add in secure mode and no response.

does anyone else experience this issue?

My system is currently on 4.134 and the modules are still working properly.

thanks

Have you tried unticking 'Device is located far from the Home Centre'. When I added my key free it needed this unticking and I think secure ticked...its a pain to add though...

• Inquirer
  • yes i have.

like mentioned when i added mine i was on 4.120. now my sisters HC2 is on 4.136 so wondering if that is an issue?

• Inquirer
  • an update to this.

tried to include on firmware version 4.130 and it still failed....

so now cannot include at all until another update comes along....

Guest aj84

How are you finding the L1?

Tempted in getting in but slightly put off with lack of info on how it integrates with Fibaro

• Inquirer
  • personally i like the L1, support never got back to me but managed to figure out why it didnt include properly. It was weak batteries!!!!

anyway my L1 are both working properly and i use them as part of scenes and also with Alexa (so i dont have to get up and unlock the door!!!)

it does keep saying it is unconfigured but works fine.

thanks

Guest andyhud

Got my Conexis L1 Lock and Z-Wave Module 2 (the newer dark blue one) the other day, plan to install later today/this eve if I can

Fibaro HC2 on 4.170 so hopefully it will include fine. 

Did you add it as a true "door lock" in fibaro or just do the standard "add/remove device"?

Thanks

Andy

Guest andyhud

I fitted the lock yesterday and linked the Yale RFID tag that came with it no problem, works fine and just as advertised.

I then removed the batteries and installed the Zwave Module 2 and reinserted batteries. I managed to pair with my Fibaro HC2 (v4.170) pretty quickly but the Fibaro complained there was no template for the device (which is to be expected) but I figured the lock/unlock might work at the very least. But sadly no, it doesnt work. I ended up trying to remove the Z-Wave Module 2 from my HC2 using the Delete Device method but that didnt work so I ended up force removing it and doing a full factory reset on the door lock.

I now havent managed to get it to add again to my HC2 at all. During learning it does nothing. I've bought 4 brand new Duracell Alkaline batteries in the lock but no difference. I've also just ordered an AeoTec Z-Wave Range Extended just incase its signal issue 

Please login or register to see this link.

I'm stuck right now. I have a Fibaro Door Window Sensor on the front door so just wanted to try something basic like "If door is closed (safe) then lock the front door lock automatically after X seconds of the door being closed" as a test...

Also attached a picture of the lock the first time I got it added to my HC2. It automatically assigned the picture of the door lock, I didnt change that. I also added via the normal add/remove device route, not via "adding a door lock"

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest andyhud

So Looks like this works if the FIRMWARE of the Conexis L1 Lock is 1.1.0 or higher

Mine is on 1.0.0 as per the Conexis L1 app on my phone

Need to see if its possible to upgrade firmware of the lock!

On 10/15/2017 at 10:45 PM, morpheus75 said:

personally i like the L1, support never got back to me but managed to figure out why it didnt include properly. It was weak batteries!!!!

anyway my L1 are both working properly and i use them as part of scenes and also with Alexa (so i dont have to get up and unlock the door!!!)

it does keep saying it is unconfigured but works fine.

thanks

How are you getting it to work in scenes? When I try to set up a scene it's not showing up at all as a device. Have contacted support who have said they don't support this lock so can't help. All I have is basic lock/unlock and status.

• Inquirer
  • @Sjd101

hi

fibaro:call(ID,;unsecure')

fibaro:call(ID,'unsecure')

where ID is your lock device ID

thats it. 

i believe from a security point of view it doesnt show up in homebridge etc or blocks so you i have manually created these scenes just to lock and unlock. this works perfectly.

the hc2 still reports as unconfigured but it still continues to work.

Edited by morpheus75

On 9/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, morpheus75 said:

@Sjd101

hi

fibaro:call(ID,;unsecure')

fibaro:call(ID,'unsecure')

where ID is your lock device ID

Sorry

@morpheus75

I'm very new to this. I understand this is do do with LUA scripting. But not familiar with how you go about it yet.

So appreciate the above post but not entirely sure how to utilise the info to resolve the issue. Do I utilise it in the configuration of the device? 

Some pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

Simon

• Inquirer
  • @Sjd101

here is my scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

where ID is your lock ID

to open the lock just start the scene.

Or like i do is a have programmed alexa with an 'Turn On Back Door' command and that runs the scene

hope this is a bit more clear

Edited by morpheus75
    code tags

@morpheus75

I will give that a go. What triggers the scene? I wanted it to be done using Geo fencing so when I approach front door it triggers. But because I could not see it in block scenes couldn't create anything.

Can that be done using LUA?

Using configuration when device pairs with HC2 enables me to lock and unlock via app but building it into scenes would be the ultimate.

Thanks for your help

• Inquirer
  • it can be done in LUA only problem is the unreliability of the Geo Fencing for fibaro.

i have electric gate so i have created a shortcut on my phone, so i click the icon as i approach my driveway. by the time i get there the gate has opened.

then 30 secs later a command is sent to unlock the back door. all part of just 1 scene with 1 click.

if and when the fibaro geo fencing starts working then i will automate it but as of now unreliable.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, morpheus75 said:

hello

i have 2 yale conexis L1 locks and the z-wave module to go with it.  Back in June the modules included into my system with no issues whatsoever and i can now use fibaro to lock and unlock the doors and in scenes etc.

However my sister decided to get this lock aswell and we tried to include the module but it is not including at all!!!

the firmware version was 4.134 beta and i updated to 4.136 beta and still i get the same response, no inclusion at all.

the timer on the fibaro just times out...

i have tried to include using the 'LOCK' include and also tried to include in the usual 'ADD DEVICES' method and checking the box to add in secure mode and no response.

does anyone else experience this issue?

My system is currently on 4.134 and the modules are still working properly.

thanks

Hello,

I read your topics regarding Yale Conexis.

do you manage to work on Fibaro via z-wave module 2?

It’s correctly installed on fibaro? Can be used?

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • @MDC

i can confirm that the ver 2 module does work with fibaro. in the end for my sisters house it was the actual lock that was faulty and needed replacing. once i changed the lock the ver 2 module paired with the hc2 and was able to create the scenes.

6 hours ago, morpheus75 said:

@MDC

i can confirm that the ver 2 module does work with fibaro. in the end for my sisters house it was the actual lock that was faulty and needed replacing. once i changed the lock the ver 2 module paired with the hc2 and was able to create the scenes.

Thanks for sharing.

How is battery life? 

Fibaro include as a door lock or like a module?

Can you share some screenshots?

thanks

• Inquirer
  • @MDC

the battery life isnt as good as the ver 1 module. she has v2 and seems to last around 4-6 weeks. i personally have the v1 module and i get around 6 months. of course this does depend on how good mesh network is and usgae etc.

when you add the module you need to add as 'lock' and it will add in secure mode so does take that little bit longer.

to be honest not mush screenshot to share as just normal procedure and i havent made any.

thanks

On 9/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, morpheus75 said:

@MDC

the battery life isnt as good as the ver 1 module. she has v2 and seems to last around 4-6 weeks. i personally have the v1 module and i get around 6 months. of course this does depend on how good mesh network is and usgae etc.

when you add the module you need to add as 'lock' and it will add in secure mode so does take that little bit longer.

to be honest not mush screenshot to share as just normal procedure and i havent made any.

thanks

Hello,

I just receive lock, but i can't pair whit fibaro. Show as Not configured

What software is in your fibaro? I have 4.510

Thanks