Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yale Conexis L1 - Inclusion Error

morpheus75

Question

hello

i have 2 yale conexis L1 locks and the z-wave module to go with it.  Back in June the modules included into my system with no issues whatsoever and i can now use fibaro to lock and unlock the doors and in scenes etc.

However my sister decided to get this lock aswell and we tried to include the module but it is not including at all!!!

the firmware version was 4.134 beta and i updated to 4.136 beta and still i get the same response, no inclusion at all.

the timer on the fibaro just times out...

i have tried to include using the 'LOCK' include and also tried to include in the usual 'ADD DEVICES' method and checking the box to add in secure mode and no response.

does anyone else experience this issue?

My system is currently on 4.134 and the modules are still working properly.

thanks

Guest andyhud

No, I've not had any further success with adding it to HC2. I'm on 4.510 too and tried secure adding and non-secure adding

I think its a firmware issue of the Z-Wave Module 2 itself

Andy

51 minutes ago, andyhud said:

No, I've not had any further success with adding it to HC2. I'm on 4.510 too and tried secure adding and non-secure adding

I think its a firmware issue of the Z-Wave Module 2 itself

Andy

Hello,

I finally add to HC2 to 4.510.

I put new VARTA battery, i move whit lock near HC2 and add as a lock, after few try it's working.

Firmware of lock is 1.1.0.

I try, it's open from fibaro, it's lock and also show status.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_10/1217026289_ScreenShot2018-10-05at14_49_04.png.b6759cac351df5b9676e5f6c5c9f0fd6.png" alt="1217026289_ScreenShot2018-10-05at14_49_04.png.b6759cac351df5b9676e5f6c5c9f0fd6.png" />

• Inquirer
  • hi all

i have found that the hc2 needs to be near the lock and ideally new batteries in the lock. my sister did receive a new lock as the old lock was faulty. the new lock did have the new firmware and included straight away.

i have found that the hc2 reports the lock as not configured but it doesnt affect the use of the lock

LUA value for use this door lock whit Fibaro scenes until fibaro add template for it.

TO be honest fibaro has template for a chinese locks, but for this secure lock, no. I write this also to support.

Back to LUA:

XXXX = ID of your lock

fibaro:call(XXXX, "unsecure") - unlock

fibaro:call(XXXX, "secure") - lock

fibaro:getValue(xxxx, "secured")

0 = unlock

255 = lock

To use in scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

Battery level:

fibaro:getValue(xxxx, "batteryLevel")

To use in scene for notification:

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by MDC

Guest andyhud

I've tried to add the lock again but still doesnt work with the Z-Wave Module 2 (Blue one)

I get this:

/monthly_2018_10/image.png.ffcd2730fff24bd3842a846775bc974a.png" />

and none of the buttons work. I tried to add a scene to do it too, still no joy. In my Conexis App on my S6 Samsung it shows as firmware 1.0.0

image.png.a3bd8bd0cb0e1232732774967730b663.png

I've tried new batteries, near and far from HC2. Got an AeonTec Z-Wave repeater plugged into electrical socket right near front door and new aerial on HC2

HC2 on Firmware 4.510

I can't think what else and Yale support arent now getting back to me

Tempted to by a new lock (hoping it will be on newer firmware) and sell my current lock second hand on ebay

Andy

Edited by andyhud

• Inquirer
  • @andyhud

have tried adding the lock physically close to the HC2?

when i added my sisters lock i brought the HC2 within a metre of the lock.

Im actually constructing a new porch at the front of the house so will be buying another Conexis L1 and this time a V2 of the lock. This will be within the next 4 to 6 weeks so lets see what troubles (if any) i run into and report back.

@MDC

does your lock trigger your scenes??? i currently have 2 locks and only one of them will trigger a scene.  The other lock doesnt do that. 

the first lock is on 0.b.0

the second lock is on 0.f.0

the v1 green module is the same module.

first lock doesnt trigger my scenes so looks like i may need a firmware upgrade on the lock itself.

what firmware is your lock on?

3 hours ago, morpheus75 said:

@andyhud

have tried adding the lock physically close to the HC2?

when i added my sisters lock i brought the HC2 within a metre of the lock.

Im actually constructing a new porch at the front of the house so will be buying another Conexis L1 and this time a V2 of the lock. This will be within the next 4 to 6 weeks so lets see what troubles (if any) i run into and report back.

@MDC

does your lock trigger your scenes??? i currently have 2 locks and only one of them will trigger a scene.  The other lock doesnt do that. 

the first lock is on 0.b.0

the second lock is on 0.f.0

the v1 green module is the same module.

first lock doesnt trigger my scenes so looks like i may need a firmware upgrade on the lock itself.

what firmware is your lock on?

It's work on LUA, I can trigger scene, also you can use all parameters that i mentioned above.

I use zwave 2 module, blue.

/monthly_2018_10/IMG_6483.jpg.c14574ee5839bdf6e4e78b2f529bd627.jpg" style="width:400px;height:auto;" alt="IMG_6483.jpg.c14574ee5839bdf6e4e78b2f529bd627.jpg" />

• Inquirer
  • i use the LUA for unlock all the time and the battery code for my battery VD checker.

the unlock trigger for me is unreliable.

i will update when i get my new lock

Guest Liam17
    On 10/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, morpheus75 said:

the unlock trigger for me is unreliable.

Are you finding that it just doesn't unlock despite being triggered by the scene/button? Considering purchasing this but need it to work everytime without fail as was planning to have the door open by an Aeotec Key Fob (so wouldn't have yales keyfob as a backup if i can help it)

• Inquirer
  • @Liam17

i have v1 modules on both my locks and i do find that the lock sometimes doesnt update the hc2.

this means when the door is locked manually by lifting the handles it should have sent a signal to hc2 indicating door is locked.

when this happens and i run a scene to unlock the door it unlocks perfectly.

however if the door status in hc2 is unlocked and i send the same unlock signal it doesnt do anything as the hc2 thinks that the door is already unlocked so then i have to manually unlock with my yale keyfob.

from my experience i have around 75% reliability.

maybe when i get v2 module it may get better

Guest andyhud

@morpheus75 - Yes, I have tried adding right next to the lock,. I put the HC2 on a mains extension lead and long network cable and added the lock while the HC2 is sitting on the floor next to the front door

Yale did send me a supposed "firmware update" dongle which looks like the Z-Wave Module 2 but has a usb port on it. I plugged it in and the lock seemed to go through an update but the Conexis App on my phone still shows the lock on firmware 1.0.0 and Yale cant confirm what firmware was on the module they sent me in the post. Brilliant

Irrespective, I added the Z-Wave 2 module to my HC2 the other day as I say and it flat out doesn't work (as per my screenshots above) but I left the module physically in the Conexis L1 lock with 4 brand new Duracell Ultra batteries. In the 2/3 days since my last post above the lock was nearly dead! You could hear the motor getting slower and slower even though I still couldnt communicate with the module via my HC2 so I've taken the Module out and now put in another 4 brand new batteries and the lock motor is now much faster and more "alive" :)

I'm really struggling with Yale on this. I'm tempted to buy another lock and see if that shows a newer/latter firmware version from factory in the Conexis L1 lock.

• Inquirer
  • Hi

@andyhud

only other issue could be faulty lock.  In my sisters case i think i have mentioned before the lock was working perfectly but not being included with zwave so convinced the retailer to accept it back and send me a new lock. They wanted us to contact Yale first which we did. long story short they sent a new lock and i replaced it and the module added first time. I then sent the old lock back.

maybe you need to try that? could actually be fault on the module section of lock.

cheers

Guest Liam17

Well i went ahead and purchased the Yale Conexis l1, Installation was a doddle, inclusion went without too much of a problem (first time didn't configure, excluded then retried and worked fine that time)

Everything seems to work okay from my 30mins of playing with it so far

Guest andyhud
    20 hours ago, morpheus75 said:

Hi

@andyhud

only other issue could be faulty lock.  In my sisters case i think i have mentioned before the lock was working perfectly but not being included with zwave so convinced the retailer to accept it back and send me a new lock. They wanted us to contact Yale first which we did. long story short they sent a new lock and i replaced it and the module added first time. I then sent the old lock back.

maybe you need to try that? could actually be fault on the module section of lock.

cheers

Thanks.

So I ended up speaking to seller on the phone and despite my lock being 6 months old they are happy for me to return it for a full refund. So I've ordered a new Conexis L1 Lock (in a different colour too) and ill swap it over with the "hope" its running a newer firmware than my old one and I'll then return my old one.

@Liam17 - Glad yours is working ok. Could you confirm what firmware your Conexis L1 lock is on via the app on your phone?

Cheers

Guest Liam17
    1 hour ago, andyhud said:

@Liam17 - Glad yours is working ok. Could you confirm what firmware your Conexis L1 lock is on via the app on your phone?

I haven't actually bothered to install the yale app on my phone, I'll install it later and check for you though. 

• Inquirer
  • a quick update on battery lifes

v1 module i have 2 of them last on average 4 months each

v2 module (my sister has) last on average 6 weeks at a time

as mentioned earlier im getting a third lock so will be getting v1 module. i can live without the triggers!!

Guest andyhud

Thought I'd share an update on my side and hopefully help others.

I've had a Conexis L1 Lock for quite a while now (in Chrome) and I have both the Z-Wave Module 1 (Green looking one) and the Z-Wave Module 2 (Blue one) and I could not get EITHER to add into my HC2 (on firmware 4.510) no matter what I tried. HC2 next to front door, new batteries, complete lock reset etc. The HC2 found the Lock when I added it, but after it added, the lock never worked in the HC2.

The Lock on my Conexis L1 App on my Android phone showed as Firmware 1.0.0 under "Lock Information" and from what I could understand the locks that were working were on Firmware 1.1.0 (or I guess higher).

I contacted Amazon UK where I bought my lock 6 months ago and said it "was faulty" and incredibly they said I could return the lock for a full refund which was very nice of them. They sent me a return packaging label and I had all the original packaging etc.

So before doing that I bought a new Conexis L1 lock from Amazon, but this time in Polished Brass (wife liked it!) and my theory was the new lock may have shipped from the factory with newer firmware, maybe version 1.1.0

I got the new lock and when I removed the old lock from the door I noticed a little sticker on the PCB board inside. My Old Lock had SW1.0 "BETA" on it, but my new Polished Brass lock had SW1.5 and "PV01" (whatever that meant but it wasnt "BETA" on it) so I thought I must have newer electronics in the lock.

I then replaced the lock on my front door and cleared my cache in my Conexis L1 App on my Android phone and re-added my new lock. This time the lock showed as Firmware 1.1.0 in the App on my phone, another positive sign!

I then sent the old lock back and just swapped all the parts in the new lock with the old lock to make a complete set!

I then bought my HC2 into the house and next to front door, put new Duracell batteries in the new Polished Brass lock and put the Z-Wave Module 2 in (Blue one). 

Rebooted my HC2 (on Firmware 4.510) and attempted to add the lock as a "Door Lock" (I did NOT just choose "Add Device").

This time it found the lock and added in a matter of seconds! Previously on the old lock it took about a minute to add it, but even though it did, it never worked. This time it added it very quickly and lots of information in HC2!

Lo-and-Behold.. it now works in HC2!!!!

So - Check your Firmware of your lock, Check the sticker inside ... lessons I learnt

I hope this helps and here are some pictures

Please login or register to see this attachment.