Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Multisensor 6

kappe

Question

Problem in configs, and this option "eat" battery.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

11 answers to this question

Maybe You use Chrome? I had the same problem in Chrome but in Firefox parameters slider  was display without problem. Sorry, I'm in trip without browser access to my HC2 to check in this moment

parameter 41, bug in aeotec firmware 1.07, see aeotc changelog

here too, is there already a new update for this ?  this bug is in the sensor or in the software from fibaro?

I have this issue too and its reporting firmware 1.8?

EDIT:

Just seen a reply by @Sankotronic in another thread that it appears to just be a GUI gremlin. 

I have replaced a faulty Fibaro motion sensor, but the Aeotec doesn't seem to be as sensitive as my other Fibaro sensors. Any special settings that can be tweaked? It's already at maximum sensitivity by default (5?). I wanted to recess it into the ceiling to be neater than the Fibaro, but it just doesn't seem to give as good coverage/sensitivity as the Fibaro. Anyone else found that?

Edited by Cameleon

Hi @Cameleon,

Actually as @tinman already mentioned it is Aeon motion sensor firmware gremlin so template on HC shows what it receives from sensor. Since it is a big number slider is extended to that value (did you ever try to scroll page to the end of the slider? ;-)) :

If you press Default button and then adjust temperature threshold looks like this:

but when you press Save and check notification window on the top of the page:

Aeon_motion_03.jpg.d2b793fd0ec3bc41ad5b146c3a60b8b0.jpg

As you can see value sent and value received are in big difference and don't have anything to do with the value set on the slider.

Also after playing with this setting I didn't notice any changes in reports and sensor still sends report for 0,1'C temperature change. BTW my sensor is on firmware version 1.7 as it is shown on my HC2.

I use Aeon ms6 only in two bathrooms because it has humidity sensor, but I prefer Fibaro motion sensor. If Fibaro will made their FGMS with humidity sensor I will buy them immediately as replacement for the current ones.

Also my MS6 is on USB supply since batteries can't last long enough. Sensitivity is ok in my case (set to default level=5 max) but my bathrooms are not that big as in Royal houses :-P 

All parameters are set to default settings except these:

• Parameter 42 - humidity threshold 2%
  • Parameter 43 - light threshold 20lux
  • Parameter 201 - temperature calibration +0,1'C (this was just playing and left as it is)
  • Parameter 202 - humidity calibration +2RH (needed calibration compared with Netatmo indoor sensor)

If you power it with batteries then be careful with threshold settings for sending reports. I believe that batteries last short because temperature threshold can't be adjusted and sensor is sending to many reports constantly. At least that is what I can see from my event panel. I recommend to use some universal USB supply if it is not part of the burglar alarm. If it is part of the burglar alarm then still use USB supply but from some source that will continue work during main power failure like (UPS).

Thanks @Sankotronic. I foolishly expected the Aeotec to be as good as Fibaro sensor, but appears it is not as good. I have other places I can use it as an extra sensor to cover smaller ground so may work on that. I wanted to be able to recess mount it in the ceiling for neatness but I dont think it will work in our kitchen/dining room which is ~8m x ~4m, it just doesn't seem to have the reach. Admittedly the docs say 6m x 3m @ 3m height. We have it at ~2.5m height so guess it wont cover as much area, but it should be covering more than it appears.

Please login or register to see this image.

Re-reading the documents, it might be the sensor is oriented the wrong way. I assumed the wider part of the beam would be side to side if the sensor is oriented up, but it appears up and down might be the wider part and side to side is narrower. I'll try that tonight. 

Rechecking the specs against Fibaro, it looks like Fibaro has waaaaay more coverage. If I was to mount the Fibaro against the back wall it would cover all the area I am after I think. Tempted to use the Aeotec recessor in the wall and mould the Fibaro into it. It fits quite nicely, just has space around the edge. Sure with a bit of filler of some kind it could look ok. 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:30 AM, Cameleon said:

... tempted to use the Aeotec recessor in the wall and mould the Fibaro into it. It fits quite nicely, just has space around the edge. Sure with a bit of filler of some kind it could look ok. 

Coming in late to this thread, but THANK YOU Camelon! I bought two recessors for the Aeotec, but between that and actually buying the Aeotecs I found out about Fibaro...  The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on buying a two pack was the idea that they might not fit the recessors… Now I know that they will, I went ahead and bought two Fibaro sensors… Thanks so much for this post, which I found searching Google.

Did you also end up putting the Fibaro into the Aeotec recessor? If so, what solution did you come up with to minimize the gap?  Do you have any advice overall on how I should go about mounting them? 

Edited by jerbee