Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Question] What do you use [device] for ??

alandee

Hi All,

wondering what other people use some of the more ( well to me anyway ) obscure devices for .. I'm not very imaginative when it comes to some impelemtations with the newer hardware, preferring to use a switch or relay ( only because I'm comfortable with them )

So for instance I have 3 buttons in the daughters room .. green for lights on, yellow for 50% and red for lights off. ( my lass is 24 now ..! ) Not very imaginative...

I use my fob to control the opening and closing of my observatory, my upper windows and my blinds, but I'm sure there are some better utilisation of the fob as the windows and blinds are on lux and weather anyway :)

I don't have a swipe as I don't know how I would utilise it, or how people use it... I feel pretty sure someone is using a swipe for something very cool though.

.. and then I wonder if, having just google homed my home, it all becomes a bit irrelevant when you can control lighting, kodi etc with your voice .. Until it's supported properly in HC2 it's a bit hit and miss, but it has already started insiduously transforming how we do things at home in teeny weeny little ways .. and I keep finding more and more ways of integrating it.

I've just decked out my mother inlaws house with google home so she can call out for an assist if she needs it, dial us by voice, get the weather, and generally have somoen to ask questions of and get reminders from for medications and things like that, as well as running a shopping list so we can pick things up for her on our daily visits. ..  she also has a HCL which I installed, that runs a series of motion sensor night lights, I'm thinking of a button near her favorite chair and perhaps bedside to turn on all lights in the house, as she's 92 and chooses to live alone, so it might give her a little more security .. I can't see a swipe in her future though ? or a fob ( too small anyways probably ) ..

Talk about 1st world problems .. too much technology, and I don't know how to implement it :)

Cheers for any thoughts, or ideas, or any other items you've integrated in an unusual way ?

Cheers,

al.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".