Jump to content
Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
  • 0
melomaan

HC2 and external database

Question

Hi,

I am looking for solution to get data from external MySql database to HC2. Has anyone found a way to directly get data from Mysql to the system?

Or is there a good way to insert externally data to GlobalVariable through http get/put request?

Google has not been a good mate to help on the matter or am I too lazy to see :(.

HC2 should have a way to do this (communicate to external MySql as it stands on one itself)...

Thanks for input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

Please login or register to see this link.

".

 

Temat został przeniesiony z "

Please login or register to see this link.

" do "

Please login or register to see this link.

".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/14/2017 at 9:29 PM, melomaan said:

Hi,

I am looking for solution to get data from external MySql database to HC2. Has anyone found a way to directly get data from Mysql to the system?

Or is there a good way to insert externally data to GlobalVariable through http get/put request?

3

 

why not? if you have standalone SQL server why you can't  run php server (apache / nginx / etc) on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 21 minutes ago, 10der said:

     

    why not? if you have standalone SQL server why you can't  run php server (apache / nginx / etc) on it?

    It all comes down to run some middelman "some extra script" on server to do the job. Could be nice if data is extracted by HC2 itself over direct connection, the data needs some processing on the HC2 anyway.

    Other positive side is with direct connection is to export data directly from HC2, the event panel is not working for me as expected. Or to use external mysql for HC2 itself and be possible to do a lot more with it, of cours there are many risks with that for Fibaro, like users blowing the system aso.

    I do not have a very good relationship with php and would like to avoid it if possible. Of course, if direct connection is out of question, then I gotta find a way with extra script to handle data input to HC2.

    Edited by melomaan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    So, you propose to support (implement) mysqlclient out of box. 

    typically, FIBARO dev ignores all request on new features. more than - your request requires collaboration with third-party services... IMHO it's overkill feature.

     

    PS: for example - native UPS support (USB or net) we are waiting for some time. the same situation with SNMP support. 

     

    UPD: another way ask FIBARO devs to support luasql.mysql package.

    Please login or register to see this link.

    ...in a pig's eye

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 32 minutes ago, 10der said:

    So, you propose to support (implement) mysqlclient out of box. 

    typically, FIBARO dev ignores all request on new features. more than - your request requires collaboration with third-party services... IMHO it's overkill feature.

     

    PS: for example - native UPS support (USB or net) we are waiting for some time. the same situation with SNMP support. 

     

    UPD: another way ask FIBARO devs to support luasql.mysql package.

    Please login or register to see this link.

    ...in a pig's eye

    Maby it is an overkill, but LUA itself supports mysql, it would be nice to be implemented  to HC2, even without "case handling" from Fibaro. I think many would like to use it as an option to build their systems. Of course there are many requests up for implementation of new features for long time... Maby it is time for Fibaro to start rewriting the sytem to the next extendable-expandable level like version 5.0 for debute in the next year :). I have been playing over 3 years with HC2 and it has been intresting journey, but now needs have been growing to include different systems and solutions in house/enviroment control beyond basic needs of turning something on-off. With it HC2 could be going from house control to smarthouse without a possibility to loose your house if internet connection is down.

    Edited by melomaan
    • Thanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Just now, 10der said:

    You're a glass-half-full person, aren't you? :D

    Maby :) Anyhow we just gotta move on with things we can affect to be positive for us. Otherwise drop it and move on ...-until you have power to deal with it

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×