Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibrao Roller Shutter 2 (FGR222) - calibration issue

Domin2000

Question

Dear community,

i have the following issue with my electric roller shutters. I installed the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 like in the manual scheme.

Everything is ok. The roller shutters move up and down manualy with zwave. I use FHEM as Software. 

The only thing that is not working is the positioning of the roller shutters.

In the manual it is described how to calibrate the fibaro module (shutters should move up, down and then up)

This does not work: :/

With the calibaration command the shutter moves up (LED is flashing green)

After the shutter is in up position, the LED of the Fibaro turns flashing red but the shutter won't come down. It remain in its positon

The S1, S2, Q1 and Q2 are correctly installed otherwise it would not work with software and mechanically with the toggles in the house wall.

My question: Have somebody the same problem with the calibration. Any ideas. Please help!

Hi @Domin2000,

It looks as if you don't have end limit switches.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by I.Srodka

• Inquirer
  • And how can I see if there is a end limit switch? 

There must be a switch somehow because if the roller shutter is comes to its up or down endposition the S1/S2 voltage is switched off.

Or what do you mean? Is there another posibility to do the calibration?

Edited by Domin2000

@Domin2000,

First of all, there are 5 ways to calibrate the Roller Shutter: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Secondly, you can try to change the value of Parameter 18:

Maybe the default settings is not appropriate for your motor.

Additionally, you can try to change value in Parameter 22:

The current power may be checked on the tile, it may help you establish what settings should be set:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_09/59bbc4462a57c_RollerShutter-Tile.PNG.90968a128affaf2ccf3c775f528f80cd.PNG" alt="59bbc4462a57c_RollerShutter-Tile.PNG.90968a128affaf2ccf3c775f528f80cd.PNG" />

(on the bottom left-hand corner)

• Inquirer
  • @I.Srodka 

So you suggest to decrease the Parameter 18 value to a smaller size than 10W, maybe going from 9 on to 1W?

I think Parameter 22 mòtor operation time setting should be ok with 240 seconds. Question: Is it the time the motor takes one move for complete moving the roller shutter in a single direction (up or down) or in both directions (up and down)?

My motor takes about 26 seconds for down direction and 28 seconds for up direction.

The current power is now 0.0W in idle.

General questien. When the calibration starts. The shutter goes up and then is wating for 240 sec (MotorOperationTime) and then should go down- or does the roller shutter goes down immediately?

My actual config looks like this. Maybe some wrong settings?

UNPARSED
    SENSOR_MULTILEVEL 06310104220400
    2017-09-15 01:11:24
    assocGroup_3
    Max 1 Nodes ZWDongle_0
    2017-09-14 08:03:55
    assocGroups
    2017-09-15 13:21:15
    configEnergyReports
    2017-09-15 15:33:17
    configInRollerBlindModeOrVenetianBlind17
    2017-09-15 15:32:49
    configInVenetianBlindModeTheParameter12
    2017-09-15 15:32:49
    configManagingLamellasInResponseTo35
    SetLamellasToTheirExtreme1
    2017-09-14 19:59:09
    configMotorOperationDetection
    2017-09-15 15:33:53
    configMotorOperationTime
    2017-09-15 15:33:48
    configPeriodicPowerOrEnergyReports
    2017-09-14 19:59:09
    configPowerReports
    2017-09-15 15:52:24
    configReportsType
    BlindPositionReportsSentToThe1
    2017-09-15 15:33:32
    configResponseToFloodingAlarm
    NoReaction
    2017-09-15 15:32:56
    configResponseToGeneralAlarm
    CloseBlind
    configResponseToSmokeCOOrCO2Alarm
    OpenBlind
    configResponseToTemperatureAlarm
    OpenBlind
    configRollerShutterOperatingModes
    1RollerBlindModeWithPositioning
    configScenesAssociationsActivation
    AssociationsActivation
    configSelfMeasurement
    SelfMeasurementInactive
    2017-09-14 19:59:15
    configSetLamellasBackToPrevious13
    1LamellasReturnToPreviouslySet1
    configSwitchType
    ToggleSwitches
    2017-09-15 15:32:57
    energy
    0.07 kWh
    2017-09-15 15:55:40
    model
    FIBARO System FGRM222 Roller Shutter Controller 2
    2017-09-14 07:57:09
    modelConfig
    fibaro/fgrm222.xml
    modelId
    010f-0302-1000
    position
    2017-09-15 13:27:07
    power
    0.0 W
    2017-09-15 15:31:18
    state
    on
    2017-09-15 13:26:47
    timeToAck
    transmit
    OK
    Edited by Domin2000

5 hours ago, Domin2000 said:

And how can I see if there is a end limit switch? 

There must be a switch somehow because if the roller shutter is comes to its up or down endposition the S1/S2 voltage is switched off.

Or what do you mean? Is there another posibility to do the calibration?

What brand of roller shutters do you use (Somfy, Chamberlain, ...)?

• Inquirer
  • @Sjekke OK i will ask my polish house manufacturer Danwood. Maybe they know what motors are buildt in.

Edited by Domin2000

• Inquirer
  • @Sjekke

The brand is: Geiger Antriebstechnik. It is a German manufacturer.

Motor Model: GEIGER-SOLIDline and the motor controller is GEIGER-SoftPerfection/-Zero (GU45..E03)

Any experience on this?

On 15.09.2017 at 4:01 PM, Domin2000 said:
    configMotorOperationDetection
    2017-09-15 15:33:53
    configMotorOperationTime
    2017-09-15 15:33:48

Hi @Domin2000,

It looks as if you didn't change the parameters we'd talked about.

You have to measure the power while it closes or opens the shutters and try different MotorOperationDetection, if the threshold of its working state is small IDLE 1W vs WORKING 7W, change to smaller, but if the difference is higher, change it to higher value.

@Domin2000,

Are the mechanical upper- and lower-settings adjusted correctly?

If your shutter doesn't have limit switches, these have to be adjusted.

This can be checked by operating the shutter manually with a switch.

They should stop themselves even when holding the switch.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @I.Srodka 

I measured up power with 151 Watts and down power 142 Watts Over the fibaro shutter. Idle is 0.0 Watts (Endposition). So the max difference between idle and operating is 151. So i have to Change the value to 151 from the standard 10?

@TRicky

Yes, they must have limit switches. It is exactly how you described:

When i toggle the manual switches in the wall up or down position and leave them and the roller shutter comes to the endposition then automatically on S1 /S2 there is no voltage on these fibaro-connections. I am using simple manual toggles.

Edited by Domin2000

@Domin2000,

As @TRicky and I have mentioned before:

45 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

Calibration is a process during which a Roller Shutter learns the position of the limit switches and a motor characteristic.

9 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Are the mechanical upper- and lower-settings adjusted correctly?

If your shutter doesn't have limit switches, these have to be adjusted.

But if you sure you have them and your buttons work correctly, you can try to set 130 W as this will be a clear indication for RS2 in your case.

• Inquirer
  • @I.Srodkabut i have a general question: Why is the default value for configmotordetection only 10 Watts? Tje most roller shutters takes about 100 Watts in operation mode... i dont think roller shutters only take 10 watts of power..? 

Or do i missunterstand you?

Edited by Domin2000

On 19/9/2017 at 12:35 PM, Domin2000 said:

@Sjekke

The brand is: Geiger Antriebstechnik. It is a German manufacturer.

Motor Model: GEIGER-SOLIDline and the motor controller is GEIGER-SoftPerfection/-Zero (GU45..E03)

Any experience on this?

I only have experience with Somfy and Chamberlain, they work perfect with the Fibaro Roller Shutters. Both have limit swithes and stop automatically.

• Inquirer
  • @I.Srodka: I set up 130 as value but without any success. (but i did'nt modufy the value with motor operation time. it is still on 240 seconds)

Still the same in the calibration process: The roller shutter goes up with green led, comes to its end position, then you hear a "click" then the red Led is blinking but the shutter does not move down.

You have switche manually the toogles in the wall to abort the calibration process.

i have bought another 4 fibaro roller shutter for my other windows. Maybe i try a different one on other window .

Maybe i have to reset the fibaro module to factory settings?  

Edited by Domin2000

I have exactly same problem with 221 and 222 about half a year. At first time everything was fine and positioning worked correct, but after update the situation the same.

sad  

• Inquirer
  • @Trr You think positioning functionality has gone with a new firmware update on your fibaro roller shutter? 

I bought another 4 fibaros for my roller shutter. The same problem here. Only up and down works but no calibaration. What means the status on the fibaros when the led is red blinking?

Edited by Domin2000

• Inquirer
  • Another question: Must be the roller shutter in down position (closed) to make the calibration process start? Or can it be opend? In opened state (roller shutter is completely up) when calibration process starts the led is flashing red and the roller shutter does not come down. It seems it has a problem to come down.

Another behaviour is when the roller shutter is closed: With the calibration process staring, the roller shutter moves upwards but is not coming down (led is flashing red)

When it is flashing red i have to interrupt the process with the manual wall toggles.

Hi guys!

@Trr,

We didn't deploy any firmware updates for Roller Shutters. And if you have problems with them due to some Home Center updates, please create a new topic concerning your case because @Domin2000 does not use our HC.

@Domin2000,

As I stated earlier, there were no firmware updates for Roller Shutter 2.

Moreover, could you remove the device from your Z-Wave network. Reset the device and add it again. 

Since you don't have your Home Center, it may be something in your setup, something we cannot reproduce easily.

Edited by I.Srodka

We didn't deploy any firmware updates for Roller Shutters. And if you have problems with them due to some Home Center updates, please create a new topic concerning your case because @Domin2000 does not use our HC.

Ok. Thank you.

I actually have no idea how to set it up properly, maybe this is why it is acting weird now, allow me to describe my issue from beginning.

In August this year, after physical installation of the roller blind, I pair it with RF remote and setup the position limit of up and down manually.  The tool is provided by the blind manufacturer.  So, without roller shutter I can use RF to control up, down and pause successfully.

Then I connect the motor wires to Q1,Q2,L,N of roller shutter, exclude then include it into HC2, success.  I set it up as "Blind with Positioning Active" in advanced setting screen. 

Question 1) I don't understand what this means actually, but is this type correct?

After that, I do a calibration, my blind doesn't do as instruction manual says, up down and up, it never moves, and I can see parameter 29 from 1 back to 0.

Right, when I operate the blind with the HC2 UI, up and down triangle work fine.  The blind stops at predefined position.

Question 2) I don't see it explain on operation manual.  What does the 3 horizontal lines icon on HC2 UI do? If I click it, sometimes blind goes up sometimes goes down ...

Question 3) Pause does not work while my RF remote does, normal?

Question 4) As I said, initiate up and down work.  However, I can hear 3 click sound quite fast from the roller shutter (100% sure the sound is not from my motor) before the blind start moving.  Something like click click click -> blind start moving..  Is this normal?

Anyway, all my blinds are working as above until last week.

Now if I click up or down arrow icon from UI, sometimes, I hear only 1 very weak click sound from roller shutter, but the blind doesn't move. Most of the time, it still works as mentioned behavior above.

Now I re-try to calibrate all the roller shutters (I have 4 sets actually). I set the blind to open state with RF remote, click calibrate, the blind starts move downward inch by inch with click sound, it's like from state 0 to 99 there are like 40 clicks sound from roller shutter, each click roll the motor 1 inch ...

If I set the blind to close state with RF and do calibration, nothing happens.

What's going on of ALL my roller shutters?? Is it something related to latest beta firmware update?  Now all my scenes are consider not working.  As I said, sometimes there is 1 weak click sound but the blind physically does not move.  However the state of roller shutter becomes reversed! Physically still opened but scene shows 0, or vice versa.

Thanks.

Edited by Sirhideo