Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]/api/devices only returns 10 devices while there are many more

tom's

Question

My HC2 with firmware 4.140 does not list all registered devices when I do a ///api/devices. It only returns 10 devices in the JSON response array. When I try to access a device that is not listed in this response I get a "404 page not found" error. Some background: I have only installed the HC2 a few days ago. The first devices I registered appear in the JSON device list. Then I moved the HC2 to another floor and registered more devices. These devices do not appear in the JSON, although they work perfectly fine in the HC2 GUI. I have also rebooted the HC2, but it still won't allow API access to all devices.

Any idea what's happening here?

Thank you for your assistance

Thomas

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • It sorted itself out. After waiting another night it now shows all devices... I have no idea what caused the sudden self-repair...

Hi @tom's,

Maybe it was some caching issue and like you've mentioned, only time could help.

Glad it works now!

• Inquirer
  • Well, I'm afraid I was a bit too quick there... I have checked the URL on my usual Win 8 desktop PC and there it works. However, when I access the URL from my PC that I use for HomeControl that still runs XP, the issue still exists.

In detail:

I access http://hcip/api/devices to see all devices or  http://hcip/api/devices/13 (to check a specific one, which is among the first 10) or http://hcip/api/devices/45 (which is not among the first 10). On my usual desktop PC all 3 requests return the expected results. On my XP PC the devices-only returns only 10 devices, die devices/13 returns proper JSON data and the devices/45 returns a 404-page-not-found. This happens using Chrome, IE 8 or Firefox.

When I use wget (for Windows) I get 404 errors on the devices/45 even on my desktop PC. So I would gess that it has somehow to do with the browser, http-headers, or so...

Edited by tom's

Hi again,

What browsers do you use on those PCs?

Furthermore, are you logged in on the admin account?

Edited by I.Srodka

• Inquirer
  • ...removed because now totally obsolete...

Edited by tom's

It still looks like a permission problem.

Are you sure you operate on user which has necessary rights to all devices?