Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Fibaro Motion Sensor - turn off led blinking

litfoo

Question

Hello there.

Apologies if a newbie question - I have just added my first device into the HC2 and the other half was wondering why this device appeared to be going crazy

Is there a way I can turn off the blinking light when the motion sensor reacts to motion? Is there a specific parameter I should be looking to control/edit

Many thanks

litfoo

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks I.Srodka,

I changed to 4 - Red, then 'Save' but the radio button remained against 10 and blinking was not red

I then tried 0 - LED inactive, then 'Save' (image below) - radio button still against 10 and blinking colours are same as before

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I expected to choose say 4-Red, 'Save' - then the radio button is against 4 - Red and LED blinks red

Please login or register to see this image.

Many thanks,

litfoo

Hi
    Since the motion sensor is battery powered after selecting a color or changing any other parameter, you must:
    1) Wake the device by clicking 3 times fast.
    or
    2) Wait for the wake up time has passed.

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, hTiger1 said:

Hi
    Since the motion sensor is battery powered after selecting a color or changing any other parameter, you must:
    1) Wake the device by clicking 3 times fast.
    or
    2) Wait for the wake up time has passed.

Thanks for that hTiger1 - makes sense and i now have it working

• Inquirer
  •  

I have set Parameter 80 to 0 - LED Inactive for the moment so there is no visual (colour) indicator.

Where do I see 'event' logs of devices in the web interface? basically the logging of motion detection with timestamp etc.

Also, is there a log showing all changes? changes to Lux and/or temperature too

2 hours ago, litfoo said:

I have set Parameter 80 to 0 - LED Inactive for the moment so there is no visual (colour) indicator.

Where do I see 'event' logs of devices in the web interface? basically the logging of motion detection with timestamp etc.

Also, is there a log showing all changes? changes to Lux and/or temperature too

Hi @litfoo,

On CH web GUI (in browser) click on menu on top option Panels and then on lefthand side select Event panel. All reported activities you can find there.

I also recommend to change settings for this parameters (valid for motion sensor v2.8 and v3.2):

• parameter 2 - motion detection blind time to 15 sec
    • parameter 6 - Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay to 30 sec
    • parameter 40 - Illuminance report - threshold to 40 lux
    • parameter 80 - Visual LED indicator - signalling mode to 10 LED color depends on temperature
    • parameter 81 - Visual LED indicator - brightness to 1% non invasive flashing or (0% - off)

You can change them all at once and then save. After that you need to wake up motion sensor (three times push button near battery) wake up will be indicated by eye gloving blue. Then you need to refresh page with parameters to see that they are accepted.

I have set all my motion eyes as above and work perfectly.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 16 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @litfoo,

On CH web GUI (in browser) click on menu on top option Panels and then on lefthand side select Event panel. All reported activities you can find there.

I also recommend to change settings for this parameters (valid for motion sensor v2.8 and v3.2):

• parameter 2 - motion detection blind time to 15 sec
    • parameter 6 - Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay to 30 sec
    • parameter 40 - Illuminance report - threshold to 40 lux
    • parameter 80 - Visual LED indicator - signalling mode to 10 LED color depends on temperature
    • parameter 81 - Visual LED indicator - brightness to 1% non invasive flashing or (0% - off)

You can change them all at once and then save. After that you need to wake up motion sensor (three times push button near battery) wake up will be indicated by eye gloving blue. Then you need to refresh page with parameters to see that they are accepted.

I have set all my motion eyes as above and work perfectly.

many thanks for the information above - very helpful!

Hi @litfoo,

Always happy to help. I forget to mention that Event panel is also available in tablet mobile app, but not in mobile phone app.

Since you are new to this wireless HA system just few advices so that you don't encounter some of the problems people had in the past.

First of all make a plan of your automation in advance, even if you don't plan to install all devices at once. When you position all of your devices on the home map then try to find the best place for your HC2 which will be somewhere in the middle of  the network.

In general there are two types of z-wave devices:

• battery operated devices (most of the sensors)
    • main power operated devices (wall plug, dimmer, relay modules, roller shutter)

Battery operated devices most of the time are in sleep mode to save batteries, so they don't relay signal from other devices. To make all devices work properly in the network even if are placed further away from the HC2 gateway you make sure that in your plan you place at least one main powered device.

Also, try to build your network from gateway outwards and it would be best if you first include main powered devices and then battery operated. This will help gateway to faster build so called mesh network and if there is any battery operated device that is unable to establish direct communication to the gateway it will still be able to communicate to the gateway using main powered device placed somewhere in between.

Most of the Fibaro devices have build in range test so that you can check if device is communicating directly with the gateway, uses other devices in network to communicate with the gateway or it is too far from the gateway.

You can find manuals for all devices here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

You can learn some basic info and how to do stuff here: 

If you plan to dig into programming in LUA and use REST API there is some info here: 

I'm sure you will have more questions so don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy your new HA! :-) 

• Inquirer
  • Hi Sankotronic,

Thanks so much for the guidance - it makes complete sense. 

I will have a significant amount of Dimmers, sensors etc. so will definitely follow your steps.

Am looking forward to getting everything configured/setup and then look forward to creating some scenes.

Awesome community here so am sure I'll be back asking many more questions :)

litfoo