Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS-223 - Intermittent Switching Issue

Technomorph

Question

Hi,

I have just installed a FHS-223 double switch module for a lighting circuit which uses three low-powered LED bulbs. The module has been configured for toggle switches (parameter 20: setting: 1). The issue is that occasionally the module does not respond to the toggle switch changing status, resulting in the switch having to be depressed a second time. In some instances, the module will also not respond at all to the switch status being changed repeatedly for a few seconds. The default setting for parameter 20 (setting 2), seems to elicit the same behaviour. Could this be a faulty module?

Cheers,

TM.

14 answers to this question

Hi @all, 

Long time I was not reading\posting here on the forum.

But this ISSUE annoying me.

I have 2 Double Switch 2 units loaded with ligths and controlled by 2 button classic toggle switch.

They running witout any issues for a monthes, until last time.

Not sure when its started but both units behaving the same way:

When the light is ON - one channel (one switch button) not reacts on OFF command when other channel works fine (can be ON and OFF)

When button pressed OFF it takes a few seconds ~ 5-10 for the load to go OFF.

Same time, it could be set ON and OFF with web interface or the mobile app during this time.

How to solve?

On 4/2/2018 at 1:25 AM, jack.daniels said:

Hi @all, 

Long time I was not reading\posting here on the forum.

But this ISSUE annoying me.

I have 2 Double Switch 2 units loaded with ligths and controlled by 2 button classic toggle switch.

They running witout any issues for a monthes, until last time.

Not sure when its started but both units behaving the same way:

When the light is ON - one channel (one switch button) not reacts on OFF command when other channel works fine (can be ON and OFF)

When button pressed OFF it takes a few seconds ~ 5-10 for the load to go OFF.

Same time, it could be set ON and OFF with web interface or the mobile app during this time.

How to solve?

@jack.danielsHave you done the switch 2 firmware upgrade?

Ive had similar issues but using momentary switches which this resolves.

2 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

@jack.danielsHave you done the switch 2 firmware upgrade?

Ive had similar issues but using momentary switches which this resolves.

I guess the 3.3 firmware update causes the issue. Before there wer no problems on both of them

4 minutes ago, jack.daniels said:

I guess the 3.3 firmware update causes the issue. Before there wer no problems on both of them

May be, I dont use toggle switches so havnt had issues.

It does sound like a very similar issue with no responce from first press of push button.

All fixed for me with vr 3.3

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

On 10.04.2018 at 10:54 AM, Jamie mccrostie said:

May be, I dont use toggle switches so havnt had issues

Hi, yes.Today i have changed one Double Switch 2 to momentary switches and no isse this way. Thanks.

It seems this is the best option for me, instead of waiting for weeks for support.

Hi again.

Unfortunately the problem is back again. With momentary switch mode.

Now the Ch2 very hard to make it on or off using a button (on both of my switches)

Support guys, dont ignore this problem, please.

If you cant fix it, atleast explain how to downgrade to 3.2

@jack.daniels

Could you post switch's parameters settings?

At least what your current setup for parameters 3, 13 and 14?

8 hours ago, cag014 said:

@jack.daniels

Could you post switch's parameters settings?

At least what your current setup for parameters 3, 13 and 14?

3 - not defined

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Video sample: First I turn on ch1 (on the front) then ch2 on the rght.

After a few tries, ch1 still works but ch2 not.

Hi,

I also have an issue like this with my client. Client is running 4.504 with FGS223 and fgs212 switches upgraded to V3.3 However, I had the problem before upgrading and can replicated the problem on my test bed running 4.170 with all switches V3.3

Prior to the upgrade, V3.2 on the FGS xxxx was installed and doing exactly the same thing on site. Hence the upgrade as stability of switches seemed to be an issue that was "resolved"

BTW - Fibaro support seems to have completely gone MIA - had this logged 3 weeks ago without response.

My test setup - Note that Switch A1 and A2 are part of the same double switch the rest are singles)

:

Switch B – trigger switch setup to flash its’ Q1 every 30 seconds (parameter 10) which is hard wired to Switch C S1 (simulating an outdoor sensor that is on the client site)

Switch C – simulated outdoor switch with a sensor grouped with A1 with S1 toggled by Switch B

Switch A1 – slave to C and hard wired from A1 Q1 to A2 S2 so toggling A2 – A2 has also a manual switch so lights can be switched on independently of sensor.

Switch A2 –grouped with Switch D that is a simulated outdoor load switch to switch outdoor lights on.

Test config runs continuously and is checked from time to time to see that it does not lose sequence.

BTW - All parameters are default except 20 which is set to toggle (1) and the flash function for the sensor simulator.

I had 11 failures overnight - I have setup scenes to test switch behaviour using scenes so I get notified once the sequence is wrong. However, it does re-sequence itself after 2 on/off cycles

but that is not useful for my client who finds either the lights are on all night OR they don't switch on from the sensor!

With the clients installation, I asked the client to manually switch A2 (a manual switch is attached to S2). It seems after a number of attempts switching on and off without a state change, the switch recovered and turned the lights on. Once switched off, the sensor setup described originally also recovered to proper operation. Note also, that using all the same switches above but changing A1 and A2 as follows. Seems to be much more reliable but will share tomorrow if nothing fails. Config looks like this:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by [email protected]

New setup still fails. Seems to be always failing to switch off on occasional cycles (rather than switching on) - 7 fails in 8 hours or 7 fails in 480 On/Off switching cycles OR 1.5% failure rate.

My conclusion can only be that the Fibaro switches do not reliably detect a change of state on its' input. So engineering modifications are required.

Would someone else do this setup. My config has been running 2 days now and it's getting more unreliable as time goes by.

The problem for me is that the switch D fails to switch off when its' input S1 is triggered off.

I can get around this somewhat clumsily by setting up a scene that tests for the condition that if B is OFF and after 5 seconds D is still ON then force D to switch off. A second scene tests for the condition that B is OFF and D is On after 6 seconds and then will issue a notification of failure to repair.

You could just use 2 switches only (I have 5 as I am trying to simulate a customers configuration) - have one switch (A) setup to flash its' output (AQout) every 30 seconds and the other switch (B) hardwired from AQout to BS1inp. Then have a scene compare AQout with BQout and push a message on fail. Have Bout slightly delayed (say 3 seconds).

Be great if somebody else could confirm the same issue.

Just an update now - as 4.504 was adding so many complications, I downgraded to 4.170. I have found that using associations rather than grouping does seem to be far more reliable with the FGS-223AH V3.3. I have been testing for a couple of days now with repetitive flash sequence of 20 second cycles and no errors for a couple of days at least.

Problem with associations is that I have less control remotely (i.e. the switch cannot be activated by the controller) but if my client is happy who cares!

Still didn't get a response from Fibaro - over a month with no response to my helpdesk support ticket.